SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
The price of the Neo X just doubled.

Not long before Dion and Chris start cock-teasing all the the Neo X collectors about having a proto Mega Pack vol. 2 in their possession.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I'm sure I know why already, but I'd just love to hear an official statement from SNKP indicating WHY the license was terminated.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If SNKP was smart they prolly saw the absolute shit that Tommo is and hopped off the wagon.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I tried to give it a shot. I really did, but I could not justify buying the NGX at all.

This glorious news comes merely three days after I returned the NGX to Tommo (via Amazon). I was hoping for a that would improve on the tearing issues and it would have been nice to see the device supported, but lo and behold it wasnt meant to be.

Question is, now, are the systems out in the wild now going to be worth anything down the road?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Cue everyone saying "well we can hack ours!" ignoring that a $35 MP4 handheld from China with emulators preloaded can do it just as well with no hacking needed.

I really hope this shoddy product no one asked for didn't taint the Neogeo's image that much. I sure hope no one loses faith in the Oldstyle sticks from the inauthentic replica the NGX came with...

WOW, TOMMO GUYS! WEREN'T WE SOOOOO EXCITED...

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I definitely think it leaves somewhat of a black mark on SNKP's rep. They surely regret the fact that their name is on it. I'm curious how many of these were actually sold? The sales figures were obviously pretty miserable, not to mention all the returns from those that were not easily fooled.

Man, I'm going to sleep good tonight. Hopefully one day we can all forget this even happened. Carry on SNKP, carry on.

SSS

neo retired
apparently Amazon didn't get the memo, or they did and don't give a shit.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I definitely think it leaves somewhat of a black mark on SNKP's rep. They surely regret the fact that their name is on it. I'm curious how many of these were actually sold? The sales figures were obviously pretty miserable, not to mention all the returns from those that were not easily fooled.

Man, I'm going to sleep good tonight. Hopefully one day we can all forget this even happened. Carry on SNKP, carry on.

Fuck SNKP's rep, it's the Neo itself I care about.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
someone email snk and ask why lol

Edit: I emailed them lol

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's about time someone in the SNKP office finally played one.

They were probably ashamed to have their name associated with this.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
apparently Amazon didn't get the memo, or they did and don't give a shit.

It's Tommo's responsibility to contact retailers to pull stock. Given that this only happened on Wednesday, give it a few more days for Tommo to get their act together.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
....give it a few more days for Tommo to get their act together.

Lol, I can't imagine that ever happening. In fact, they're already hard at work sabotaging Sega's good name.

Just leave us alone Tommo. Damn you.

Last edited:

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This is a case where Tommo will need to abide by SNKP's request, otherwise they will face legal action.

It's odd that it's only the separate controller that needs to be pulled from shelves though. I wonder why they're allowing the remaining systems to be sold.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
So pipes...

What are you planning to do with your redundancy money?

All the best with your retirement.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Like I said, the simple fact it isn't a Japanese made product alone is insulting to the Neo's legacy. I can't really complain about the NGX as it actually pushed some CMVS sales my way from people who wanted the real Neo experience after owning that thing.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
This is a case where Tommo will need to abide by SNKP's request, otherwise they will face legal action.

It's odd that it's only the separate controller that needs to be pulled from shelves though. I wonder why they're allowing the remaining systems to be sold.

List of terminated NEOGEO X related Licensed Products:
Product Name
Contents
Game Titles
NEOGEO X GOLD LIMITED EDITION
1. NEOGEO X Handheld System ※ Titles #1.~20. are pre-installed
2. NEOGEO X Docking Station
3. NEOGEO X Arcade Stick 4. Game Card ※ Title #21. only

No worries. They covered all of it.

I actually kind of hope that Tommo remains true to form on this and DOES drag their feet about removing stock from sale. Let SNKP sue the crap out of them and shut 'em down for good!

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
List of terminated NEOGEO X related Licensed Products:
Product Name
Contents
Game Titles
NEOGEO X GOLD LIMITED EDITION
1. NEOGEO X Handheld System ※ Titles #1.~20. are pre-installed
2. NEOGEO X Docking Station
3. NEOGEO X Arcade Stick 4. Game Card ※ Title #21. only

No worries. They covered all of it.

I actually kind of hope that Tommo remains true to form on this and DOES drag their feet about removing stock from sale. Let SNKP sue the crap out of them and shut 'em down for good!

It's only stated that Tommo must stop the sale of these products. It doesn't call out that they must be removed from retailers. Unless Tommo has received different instructions, the wording in this press release only restricts Tommo from selling more units. It is only the stand-alone stick where it is called out that it must be removed from retail.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
It is only the stand-alone stick where it is called out that it must be removed from retail.

Maybe the stick is the controversial subject, because it's usable on other consoles and overlaps with their plans to release a new Neo Geo stick for Wii or PS3?

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ahahahahahahahahaha *wipes tears* oh lawd this is the greatest news I have read today. This will heal my scars those fuckers at Tommo gave me. So fucking glad I got rid of that piece of shit Neo Geo X.

Now I am gonna read the notification again for the 3rd time just for the laughs.