SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
It makes no sense. It's not good business. They are clearly cutting their losses and doing damage control for their image.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I honestly don't think SNKP can afford to take anyone to court. I also think there's no way in hell there is any kind of publicity stunt going on with this because that would be a lot of effort for what point and purpose?? I think SNKP would rather everyone forgets about the Tommo product and buy iPhone games that don't work with iOS7! I'm sure all the unsold units are on Tommo anyway.

I think Neo*Geo*Ordo would like us all to believe its a stunt so we all run out to buy his procards.

"Everyone dig your NGX's out of the garbage...it's only an elaborate stunt folks, false alarm...by the way, I ship worldwide"

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Instead of changing the subject, why don't you give me a reason why you DON'T think this is a publicity stunt? What part of their contract did they break? Who says SNK is all about good business? Remember, SNK used to sell the bootlegs out the back door and claim them as a loss. SNK is a shady as they get.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I think Neo*Geo*Ordo would like us all to believe its a stunt so we all run out to buy his procards.

"Everyone dig your NGX's out of the garbage...it's only an elaborate stunt folks, false alarm...by the way, I ship worldwide"

Out of the garbage? you mean out of my bathroom? to be honest its been sitting infront of my TV collecting more dust than my Atari Lynx lol

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
By good business all I meant was conducive to their best interests making money. We all know they have made many missteps since the AES days. I don't think Tommo broke any contract, I think SNKP decided they wanted to get out and distance themselves. Let's agree to disagree.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
heck i think they might settle it out of court and get a special Tommo US release of KOF2000 that will fetch stupid money. I wonder if Tommo will authenticate it

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
By good business all I meant was conducive to their best interests making money. We all know they have made many missteps since the AES days. I don't think Tommo broke any contract, I think SNKP decided they wanted to get out and distance themselves. Let's agree to disagree.

EXACTLY. Tommo did not break any contract. That's not how things work... you can't just (as a company) "decide" that you don't like the deal and issue a fake cease and desist. This has been my point all along.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
So when is SNK gonna sue Tommo? NEVER :)

About that I think you're right. Nothing is going to happen. SNKP will peddle some iPhone games and hopefully come up with a way to do another KOF right or something, and Tommo needs to figure out how to push out all their deadstock lol. Both will probably never speak of this again years down the road :make_fac:

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
About that I think you're right. Nothing is going to happen. SNKP will peddle some iPhone games and hopefully come up with a way to do another KOF right or something, and Tommo needs to figure out how to push out all their deadstock lol. Both will probably never speak of this again years down the road :make_fac:
FINALLY, a real back and forth about the topic matter. Thank you.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Doesn't really seem like you were looking for a back-and-forth discussion, so much as for someone else to vindicate you in what you were saying.

"Someone else agrees, that means I'm awesome!"

All this talk of 'staying on topic' is nauseating...you've a lot to learn here that's going to require you to come out of the marketplace and the NGX District 9 and figure it out. Good luck...

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Doesn't really seem like you were looking for a back-and-forth discussion, so much as for someone else to vindicate you in what you were saying.

"Someone else agrees, that means I'm awesome!"

All this talk of 'staying on topic' is nauseating...you've a lot to learn here that's going to require you to come out of the marketplace and the NGX District 9 and figure it out. Good luck...
No. I truly want a genuine conversation about the topic matter - I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not (if you don't EVEN BETTER, as I'll have more to discuss). Look at every post by pipes. Every single one is changing the subject away from the topic matter I originally posted about.

Last edited:

pipes

Whisper has some good advice there. I encourage you to leave District 9 (just for a minute or two - baby steps) and get a taste of what this forum is really about. It goes way beyond just mocking gamers that make horrible choices. We're not here simply to have a laugh at the expense of a bumbling, incompetent company. There's a world of gaming out there free of rocket cables and docking stations that you're missing out on. Bring a friend...stay a while. Enjoy yourself without having to worry about stunts and press releases. Truth is...nobody really gives a shit. Nobody wants to talk about it because it's not worth the effort. It's 2014 now. The NGX had it's day (literally) in the sun. The worst year in the history of the Neo Geo is behind us now. Good times ahead brother. See you in the 'arcade' forum.

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Whisper has some good advice there. I encourage you to leave District 9 (just for a minute or two - baby steps) and get a taste of what this forum is really about. It goes way beyond just mocking gamers that make horrible choices. We're not here simply to have a laugh at the expense of a bumbling, incompetent company. There's a world of gaming out there free of rocket cables and docking stations that you're missing out on. Bring a friend...stay a while. Enjoy yourself without having to worry about stunts and press releases. Truth is...nobody really gives a shit. Nobody wants to talk about it because it's not worth the effort. It's 2014 now. The NGX had it's day (literally) in the sun. The worst year in the history of the Neo Geo is behind us now. Good times ahead brother. See you in the 'arcade' forum.

Instead of changing the subject, why don't you give me a reason why you DON'T think this is a publicity stunt? What part of their contract did they break? You want me to leave this forum? Why? because I have something to say about the thread topic? Because I won't engage you in NGX bashing? You are the one participating in a thread that "nobody gives a shit about". If nobody wants to talk about it and it's not worth the effort, then why have you put so much effort into "talking about it"? If you REALLY didn't want to discuss this topic, then why did you even bother saying ANYTHING in here?

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Instead of changing the subject, why don't you give me a reason why you DON'T think this is a publicity stunt? What part of their contract did they break? You want me to leave this forum? Why? because I have something to say about the thread topic? Because I won't engage you in NGX bashing? You are the one participating in a thread that "nobody gives a shit about". If nobody wants to talk about it and it's not worth the effort, then why have you put so much effort into "talking about it"? If you REALLY didn't want to discuss this topic, then why did you even bother saying ANYTHING in here?

oh, I don't know. Maybe SNKP wasn't too happy that this thing was using an unlicensed emulator and was packed full of other goodies that could lead to some IP lawsuits they didn't want to be associated with

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
That's a good point, however I read that they DID get a license for the FBA emulator (otherwise there would've been a lawsuit much sooner). Also the latest update removed things like the PSX BIOs from the internal flash, so I don't think that would have been a problem. If that was the reason, why wouldn't SNK site that in their "press release"?

Last edited:

pipes

Okay, how about the fact that it tarnishes the Neo Geo name because it's an absolute pile of shit. Could that have anything to do with it?

BTW, I've been wanting to see how far I could throw one of these for the longest time. If you're ever peddling one on your website, I'll send you $20 (PayPal gift) no questions asked for a Gold Limited Edition. I wouldn't mind tossing the stick and the docking station as well. LMK.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
You "naive" "fools" are falling for this PR "stunt". Neo*Geo*Ordo just wants us to think he's a meltdown-prone forum "noob", while in "reality" he's a charming and thoughtful contributor to this "community" that has been "deeply" shaken by the existence of the Neo•Geo X.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm confused why this ordo guy is getting so much shit, unless you're trolling him. Personally, I think SNKP is too stupid to try and move stock by a PR stunt, but I can see how people would think otherwise who don't know how dumb they really are.

pipes

You "naive" "fools" are falling for this PR "stunt". Neo*Geo*Ordo just wants us to think he's a meltdown-prone forum "noob", while in "reality" he's a charming and thoughtful contributor to this "community" that has been "deeply" shaken by the existence of the Neo•Geo X.

I knew there was more to him than just a sly noob looking to make a buck off other gullible and psychologically fragile Tommo customers. Way to crack that one open my man. I guess we can close this sub-forum down now.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Tommo violated the people buying their "systems".

:crying:I, I thought that I was the only one who was violated by Tommo. I was to ashamed too come forward.

Tommo touched me here
316292-a-wallet-app.jpg

and here
The+Checkbook.jpg

Are there others here, is there a support group.:(

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The lawsuit hasn't happened because the NGF duo isn't done negotiating their consulting fees yet.

pipes

Haha, I totally forgot about those two idiots. Like flies on shit....so predictable.

Last edited: