SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

Tiako

New Challenger
I am stuck with this POS because the buyer open and returned it due to low quality IE vertical scan lines

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Does anybody have a picture/video of what the vertical scanlines look like? I have to see this in action.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I love that article where they blamed snkp for scaring their retailers and losing sales. Man tommo needs to reproduct is causing financial loss not snkp lol.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
So people at Tommo believe it's SNK's fault their system hasn't been selling and not the fact that the NGX is shit? I wish I was able to divert blame for my mistakes as well as they do.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
Tommo is just a bunch of jerks leeching profit out of licensed goods. Admitting they made utter crap doesn't fit in there.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Tommo have had a ban on online reviews when it was first released. They're fully aware of how badly made their crap is.

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
LOL. No one here realizes that this is just a publicity stunt to push the dead stock out of warehouses?! There has been no real legal action to speak of, only a "press release" on SNK's site, then another "press release" on Tommo's site. Meanwhile not a single retailer has stopped selling the NGX. Is everyone here really that naive? Mark my words, no one is going to stop selling this thing. Even if all this were "real", Tommo is in the right, they have not violated their agreement, and if anyone gets sued it's gonna be SNK for damages (this is why you won't see anyone go to court - because SNK knows they would LOSE - just like they did with NGF). Otherwise, why hasn't SNK pulled the trigger on a lawsuit? Because this is all just a publicity stunt, to get people to buy the remaining stock. Period. Wake up.

Last edited:

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
LOL. No one here realizes that this is a publicity stunt to push the dead stock out of warehouses?! There has been no real legal action to speak of, only a "press release" on SNK's site. Meanwhile not a single retailer has stopped selling the NGX. Is everyone here really that naive?

You are very naive. Did you even read the most recent news?
http://tommo.com/press-release/tommo-cites-wrongful-termination-and-bullying-actions-by-snk-playmore/

you think this is still a publicity stunt? After Tommo claimed its not terminated its license and then this comes along.

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
You are very naive. Did you even read the most recent news?
http://tommo.com/press-release/tommo-cites-wrongful-termination-and-bullying-actions-by-snk-playmore/

you think this is still a publicity stunt? After Tommo claimed its not terminated its license and then this comes along.

It's all part of the stunt (this is an ongoing stunt). Where are the real legal actions? That's not the way it works, you don't just post something on the front page of your site and hope the other party reads it. LOL. If it is real, I hope Tommo sues the pants off of SNK and wins, Tommo hasn't violated shit.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
It's all part of the stunt (this is an ongoing stunt). Where are the real legal actions? That's not the way it works, you don't just post something on the front page of your site and hope the other party reads it. LOL. If it is real, I hope Tommo sues the pants off of SNK and wins, Tommo hasn't violated shit.

This is real. Time to get your head out of the sand.

You're obviously a fan of poor emulation and shoddy hardware which is fine but try to see past the tip of your nose for a second. Tommo violated and defecated on everyone that grew up enjoying Neo Geo games and on those that still enjoy it to this day. Everything Tommo has done since the release of this abomination has been either chalk full of delays or stupidity and ignorance. I'm sure all X'ers enjoyed the fact that they had to pay for updates (or fuck-up fixes) and the ability to finally charge their portable device outside of 6 feet from their TV's. Along with other innovative features that really bring back that feeling of nostalgia such as the turbo button and vertical scanlines. Of course lets not forget that many X'ers were delighted to find out that their long awaited update (fuck-up fix) actually bricked their beloved system - and that's if you actually managed to get the 'rocket cable' to work.

If this kind of sheer incompetance is not enough to sully the Neo Geo brand then I don't know what will. It's disgraceful that in this day and age garbage like this is still being produced. Worst of all is that tens upon tens of gullible people have been seduced by a company that clearly has no idea what it takes to produce a quality product.

When you say they haven't violated anything....I feel violated just knowing that something like this exists and my name isn't even associated with it.

Last edited:

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
This is real. Time to get your head out of the sand.

You're obviously a fan of poor emulation and shoddy hardware which is fine but try to see past the tip of your nose for a second. Tommo violated and defecated on everyone that grew up enjoying Neo Geo games and on those that still enjoy it to this day. Everything Tommo has done since the release of this abomination has been either chalk full of delays or stupidity and ignorance. I'm sure all X'ers enjoyed the fact that they had to pay for updates (or fuck-up fixes) and the ability to finally charge their portable device outside of 6 feet from their TV's. Along with other innovative features that really bring back that feeling of nostalgia such as the turbo button and vertical scanlines. Of course lets not forget that many X'ers were delighted to find out that their long awaited update (fuck-up fix) actually bricked their beloved system - and that's if you actually managed to get the 'rocket cable' to work.

If this kind of sheer incompetance is not enough to sully the Neo Geo brand then I don't know what will. It's disgraceful that in this day and age garbage like this is still being produced. Worst of all is that tens upon tens of gullible people have been seduced by a company that clearly has no idea what it takes to produce a quality product.

When you say they haven't violated anything....I feel violated just knowing that something like this exists and my name isn't even associated with it.

Wow. You just went off on some big rant about me "loving bad emulation & shoddy hardware", when all I was trying to do was point out that you guys are all falling for this lame PR stunt. LOL. I could give a fuck what your opinion about the X is, I was merely making a point that SNK would LOSE any lawsuit against Tommo, and that Tommo would be in a good position to sue SNK if they even tried to take them to court. Who cares if YOU don't like the X, THERE IS NO REAL LEGAL FEUD BETWEEN TOMMO & SNK :) PERIOD

Last edited:

pipes

Wow. You just went off on some big rant about me "loving bad emulation & shoddy hardware", when all I was trying to do was point out that you guys are all falling for this lame PR stunt. LOL.

That's the only logical way I can explain your way of reasoning. Either that or your a Tommo employee. You wouldn't be the first one to post here either. To call this a PR stunt is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Yeah, we'll see in a year who's taken who to court :) Look! Tommo's still selling NGX hardware and defecating on all the poor people who call Neo-Geo their religion! Oh no! What is SNK gonna do? NOTHING. You think that companies don't pull stunts like this? HA!

Last edited:

pipes

Typical NGX fanboy. I couldn't possibly expect anything more from you.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yeah, we'll see in a year ...
Please, no... I am sincerely hoping that in a year this subforum will have long been closed and the NGX will be a forgettable incident of cashgrabbing while fucking people over.

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Typical NGX fanboy. I couldn't possibly expect anything more from you.
I thought you said I was a Tommo empoyee? (why would a Tommo employee come here to call attention to the fact that your falling for an obvious stunt?) Notice that no post of mine in this thread praises the NGX... I'm only pointing out facts. That's all you have is to divert the conversation back (for the millionth time) to your stupid opinion of the Neo-Geo X. Cool, I get it, you don't like it. What does that have to do with me pointing out that this is a stunt? Whether or not the X is good or bad is not what I am posting about... so back on topic... why is SNK letting Tommo continue to sell NGXs? Making the almighty SNK appear weak. It is because this was all planned, and this forum is playing right into their hands (believe it or not YOU are helping to sell NGXs by talking about how they are gonna be pulled from online stores - which hasn't happened).

Last edited:

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Please, no... I am sincerely hoping that in a year this subforum will have long been closed and the NGX will be a forgettable incident of cashgrabbing while fucking people over.

Don't cut off my quote. This sub forum doesn't need to exist to confirm in a year that no fucking court date ever took place between Tommo and SNK. We'll see who is right.

Last edited:

pipes

We're witnessing another sad case of buyers remorse unfortunately. We've seen this countless times over the past year and you're not alone brother. I genuinely feel bad that you were duped into buying this atrocity. One of the symptoms of buyers remorse is delusion. Your particular case seems very advanced given that after a full year of this nonsense, you continue to defend it. You're driving the bandwagon on your own unfortunately. If you want to pick up a few other gullible and diluted gamers you might want to frequent the Neo X probards forum where everyone drools over this garbage. Go grab a couple of high-fives and discuss how to make this laughing stock slightly more bearable...you'll be a mod there in a few days...unless you're already one.

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
We're witnessing another sad case of buyers remorse unfortunately. We've seen this countless times over the past year and you're not alone brother. I genuinely feel bad that you were duped into buying this atrocity. One of the symptoms of buyers remorse is delusion. Your particular case seems very advanced given that after a full year of this nonsense, you continue to defend it. You're driving the bandwagon on your own unfortunately. If you want to pick up a few other gullible and diluted gamers you might want to frequent the Neo X probards forum where everyone drools over this garbage. Go grab a couple of high-fives and discuss how to make this laughing stock slightly more bearable...you'll be a mod there in a few days...unless you're already one.
What we are witnessing here is someone who doesn't know what the topic of the thread is, or what the previous poster had to say. Once again your steering the conversation back to the product (I don't care about that, I never claimed to own one and once again, that is not what I am posting about). I never "defended" the X, I am simply trying to discuss the STUNT. You are the one who is stuck on a different topic. WE ARE DISCUSSING THE PR STUNT NOT THE HARDWARE OR EMULATION OR HOW MUCH YOU HATE IT. Now reply with something relevant to what I am talking about instead of trying to say I support the NGX, as your comments are the only thing that suggest this.

Last edited:

pipes

All of your 49 post to this point (or 99% of them anyways) have been in this sub-forum. That says enough.

Also, you're the only one with the delusion that this is a PR stunt. There is no reason to even dignify that with a response.

EDIT: 100% of your posts are in this sub-forum. Why don't you browse the rest of the forum and learn a little bit about quality hardware and original games.

Last edited: