SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
...is it supposed to hurt when you pee?

Yes, you should be in constant physical and emotional agony. It should say that somewhere in the NGX manual, right under the bit regarding the generous 90 day warranty I believe.

SSS

neo retired
I cann see it now. Dion and chris called as expert witnesses on Tommo's behalf. 8man covering their attorney fees.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Even if Tommo manages to hold onto the rights to continue manufacturing NGX systems and games, it's very doubtful at this point whether we'll ever see the promised non-limited edition or any more game packs.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Please come out ST troopers 2nd squad, pulstar, 8 man, crossed swords 1&2 before go dead......

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Hey that thing is packed with some other bios from GBA and Playstation, so if SNKP won't supply them with other neo titles, they could always pilfer ROMs from Nintendo or Sony for new releases.

It's not dead, it's undead. XD

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I happened to see on the facebook page that someone was claiming that youtube is full of fake video showing how bad the 'X' is ha ha

pipes

I happened to see on the facebook page that someone was claiming that youtube is full of fake video showing how bad the 'X' is ha ha

In all seriousness, no video, no matter how critical it is, can fully encapsulate the magnitude of how awfull this thing really is. You just can't appreciate how many corners were cut and how little effort was put forth until you feel it in your hands. I can only imagine the near instant feeling of buyers remorse that detonates in the mind of those tens of people that were fooled into this purchase. My deepest sympathies go out to all Tommo customers. These are deep wounds and healing takes time...all the best.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
In all seriousness, no video, no matter how critical it is, can fully encapsulate the magnitude of how awfull this thing really is. You just can't appreciate how many corners were cut and how little effort was put forth until you feel it in your hands. I can only imagine the near instant feeling of buyers remorse that detonates in the mind of those tens of people that were fooled into this purchase. My deepest sympathies go out to all Tommo customers. These are deep wounds and healing takes time...all the best.

*sniffs* Hi guys. My...name...is Kevin...and I'm a recovering X'er... :(

Lulz

...the handheld feels nice until you turn it on and discover the screen is awful....

The screen is really poor - BUT, the video out shares this suckieness. So, the physical screen itself is not the problem. The crap video is down to the poor firmware and version of FBA.

As (chinese emulator) handhelds go, it is actually really well built and spec'd on paper. It's just the firmware is horrible.

Also: that Youtube clip (above) is such wank. nothing new in it, just some speculation and inaccurate opinion hoping to hump some views out of someone's misfortune. I'd throw rocks at him if i had some. Fuc*er doesn't even OWN one. It's not a fuc*ing Dingoo, unless it's one that fell thru' a timewarp. Look at the sepc of the NGX - it shits all over the dingoo - this, of coarse, makes it EVEN MORE of a let-down, as the fuc*ing dingoo works really well, and the NGX just sits there in it's packaging failing hard & fagging up the shelf.

Also(2): i got my NGX and bent SD card out for a play last week, just to remind me of how fail-packed it really is.. Got to say, in the docking station, the controls respond sluggishly, the video out is bleached and pixelated, the sound is glitchy and unpredictable, and the experience is not that of a Neo Geo. I compared it with Mame in Dos on a CRT (ultimarc setup), my NGCD, my MVS, mame on KDE/Linux, Mame4all on the Caanoo blah blah blah etc., and i can confirm now that the NGX falls down in every possible way. There isn't a SINGLE thing it does better then [anything else]. Not 1 single solitary thing. This device is entirely pointless, and therefore is now a work of art. It's an ironic tribute to the entire coinop era, and is as much 'art' as classical music and that sculpture of the bird with no arms - ok to behold, but FUC*ING USELESS AND FAR TOO EXPENSIVE. I'm putting mine away now until someone does a firmware that lest me play stuff on it without feeling like a gimp.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Sorry to hear about your predicament however I have to ask, why did you suddenly feel the need to buy it in the first place? Surely you read the reviews and sifted through this sub-forum a bit, no?

Yes and it was being sold at the time for £170 new. I saw one that had been opened and played once and then put one eBay. In all honesty I thought I'd be able to flip it for at least £140 on eBay then invest in some nice new MVS games... I didn't even bother. It's now all boxed up as new sitting atop my wardrobe!

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
At least some good has come out of this unfortunate situation. I'm glad your healing has begun.
lol, yeah, truth is I sold it a while back. Lost maybe $10-$20 on the whole package, but that didn't bother me...it was the guilt that got me...the guilt of having to say "it's not bad" and "yeah, not sure why I'm selling it" etc that just ate away at me the entire transaction. I wanted to tell him no, don't buy this piece of shit, run away, run far far away!!! ...but I had to think of my family and everyone else around me that had been brought down by my misery of such a terrible purchase. I did it for them, I'm not proud of it but it had to be done, I had to make things right again... Oh Gods of gaming please forgive me...

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
You did what needed to be done son. Rest easy knowing that you shed the curse and ultimately did the right thing for your family. Sometimes...tough choices have to be made :(

pipes

You did what needed to be done son. Rest easy knowing that you shed the curse and ultimately did the right thing for your family. Sometimes...tough choices have to be made :(

+1

Good of you to put your family ahead of terrible emulation and cheap quality hardware.

MrRobotFactory

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have also come to ask for forgiveness and redemption from the gaming God. Please cleanse my soul! I cant even forgive myself for buying this useless pos. Glad I was able to sell it. Nah, I didnt give a fack. I too had to think about my 2 year old daughter and wife. Why did I buy this POS?!?!

Will my scars EVER HEAL DAMMIT?!?!