SNK Playmore Terminates Licence Agreement with Tommo.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I used to hate the NGX but one night after playing it I went to the bar and just like that got a 3 way with 2 obese diabetic native american chicks...coincidence? I think not!! The confidence I gained through making such an awesome purchase gave me the courage to buy those water buffalos a round of old milwaukee and totally get my pimp on over a few stale bowls of happy hour popcorn and pickled eggs. Some have said it's powers can even cure AIDS!!

I wish I could say I'm surprised by this but I honestly believe that every NGX owner has had that exact experience at some point in the last 10 months.

pipes

So NGF and Tommo/Blaze are partnering up together....as if I really needed another reason to despise the NGX. You literally could not hand pick a collection of idiots that deserve each other more than this. You guys might as well start sending your X's to Dion and Chris for authentification.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The only thing I see in common with these two companies and that they have released products of poor quality and have acted in a fashion that has irreparably damaged the Neo-Geo franchise. This isn't a matter of a disgruntled few. It's a small community so criticisms should be taken to heart.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I wish I could say I'm surprised by this but I honestly believe that every NGX owner has had that exact experience at some point in the last 10 months.

They were Asian.

tommo's refusal does not mean shit until they release the Mega Pack Vol. 2.

I want to see that battle happen in real time.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Why is Tommo upset, can't they just slap another system's sticker on the NGX and sell them as Genesis handheld or something?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Oh man...it's getting better and better!

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/08/for...ses-snk-playmores-neogeo-x-rights-revocation/

Lol NGF...oh dear god...I can't stop laughing...

1247061094915.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Can't wait to see how the court battle turns out.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Alphaomegasin sums it up ...

I love this guy.. he always hits the bulls-eye with his videos.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
What's the chances SNKP have their very own in-house ED-209 variant (complete with the... glitch) ready to deal out justice, to those who fail to comply?

A glitch? And you call this a glith? XD

ADDGAMER

n00b
Maybe instead of agreeing to let a company like Tommo make a console for them, roms etc. why can't they (SNK) just be smart enough to say... gee, I don't know. release the game compilations on lets say... the 3DS or the fricking Vita... Just saying folks. They release games on the Wii, PS3, Xbox even made compilations on the PSP. I would be more willing to pay $40 a pop for a Vita game with 10 plus "Retro" SNK titles. I bet sales would be better.

pipes

I do believe the fault lies with SNKP ultimately. They should never have allowed this garbage to see the light of day. Did anyone from SNKP use the damn thing at least for 5 seconds before it was unleashed? That's all it takes to realize it's absolute shit. Did they not know the Neo Geo name was going on a Dingoo? The person from SNKP who's signature is on the contract with Tommo should be fired immediately.

pipes

Fuck that guy.

He's just flapping his mouth with shit we already know.

While it's true that he's not really telling us here in this forum anything new, I do think that there are still people outside of this place that are in the dark with regards to how colossally shit the NGX is. We need to continue to get the word out there any way we can.

pipes

And it is the same as AES right i mean "The tech is all there"

Same!??.......After more than 2 decades of technological advancement, it must be better.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Same!??.......After more than 2 decade of technological advancement, it must be better.

Can't believe I'm gonna say this but your trolling of the innocents is getting better. Truthfully while I fucking hate to admit this, Tommo might actually have a legal leg to stand on in regards to how this contract is signed. If SNK/P gave them full exclusive rights for an extended peroid of time, Tommo might actually win a court battle in this. They could sue SNK/P for not honoring any agreements in the contract or even go so far as to say they lost money because SNK/P terminated their rights. It's all a load of legal bullshit but in the courts, they don't give a shit who's really right, just the ones that can prove that they are.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
I've been wanting to get rid of my Neo Geo X since paying £95 on eBay for one 3 weeks ago, the handheld feels nice until you turn it on and discover the screen is awful. The stick and console dock feel so cheap its like they've been made with bakelite. I'm not sure whether to sell now or wait and see if the value goes up if they withdraw it from sale. Doesn't seem likely when it's such a sales failure though does it??

ADDGAMER

n00b
I do believe the fault lies with SNKP ultimately. They should never have allowed this garbage to see the light of day. Did anyone from SNKP use the damn thing at least for 5 seconds before it was unleashed? That's all it takes to realize it's absolute shit. Did they not know the Neo Geo name was going on a Dingoo? The person from SNKP who's signature is on the contract with Tommo should be fired immediately.

Well said. SNK agreed to let Tommo produce it, the SNK name went onto it. In theory, the person that signed the forms is to blame. Re Branding happens on so many products this day and age.... There were better ways around this to fatten SNK's wallet. I'll keep mine hooked up in my kids room as it has been since day one. I still can't afford a AES again. I don't have the time or money for a proper MAME machine or the time to bother with emulating on another console. Oh well, chalk it up to lesson learned for another failed console.

pipes

I've been wanting to get rid of my Neo Geo X since paying £95 on eBay for one 3 weeks ago, the handheld feels nice until you turn it on and discover the screen is awful. The stick and console dock feel so cheap its like they've been made with bakelite. I'm not sure whether to sell now or wait and see if the value goes up if they withdraw it from sale. Doesn't seem likely when it's such a sales failure though does it??

Sorry to hear about your predicament however I have to ask, why did you suddenly feel the need to buy it in the first place? Surely you read the reviews and sifted through this sub-forum a bit, no?