Can arsenal win the league this year

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
It's looking good for the gunners top of the league and going strong in champion league so can it really happen this year .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The game against Napoli was a warning shot to the rest of the PL that Arsenal have what it takes. It was Arsenal's first win against a big team so far this season. And a huge win on the big stage.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Why did Madrid offload Ozil ?

It's already costing them plenty

And yes Arsenal can go all the way this season.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I don't want to jinx anything by speculating. All I know is that a few months ago, I was kinda pessimistic about the whole not signing anybody worth a shit thing. Fast forward to present day, we got Ozil, Ramsey is playing out of his mind, Giroud is scoring outside of the Emirates and everyone in general has been playing pretty fanfuckingtastic together. The back line still leaves something to be desired but who woulda thunk it?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ozil has been compared to Bergkamp. That's a major comparison.

Ramsey is like a new signing.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Arsenal are good enough to win the league and do well in Europe but I'm still doubtful that any English team are even good enough to go beyond the quarter finals. Although when Arsenal are injury free and able to field our strongest line up we are a force to be reckoned with.

The Arsenal team is growing. Ramsey is on fire, Ozil is a world beater, Flamini is his old solid self, we are defending well as a team, plus we are now playing with belief. We will go a long way this season.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Ramsey on fire reminds me of young fabregas when he scored in six consecutive games, all those years ago,
Can arsenal keep the momentum going they will certainly need is world class striker.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
If we can get Luis Suarez I think we can go the distance domestically and come very close in Europe and the best thing about is he won't be cup tied as Liverpool are not in a European competition.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
If we can get Luis Suarez I think we can go the distance domestically and come very close in Europe and the best thing about is he won't be cup tied as Liverpool are not in a European competition.

Meh, team chemistry is underrated. That circus that follows that bucktooth'd jackass could disrupt the early-season cohesion I've seen thus far. Sure, he may potentially put up some good numbers for himself if he were to come over but at the expense of what?

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Meh, team chemistry is underrated. That circus that follows that bucktooth'd jackass could disrupt the early-season cohesion I've seen thus far. Sure, he may potentially put up some good numbers for himself if he were to come over but at the expense of what?

I know his reputation precedes him but he is a quality striker and would fit in nicely at Arsenal especially with Ozil playing in the Bergkamp position as the play maker providing Suarez with the assist's to make him prolific goal scorer.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wouldn't want him at Arsenal. Arsenal have Giroud and Podolski who are around the same age, and more responsible.

Arsenal need to fight to sign Dejan Lovren - top class defender, and good in the air. Trade players for him.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I wouldn't want him at Arsenal. Arsenal have Giroud and Podolski who are around the same age, and more responsible.

Arsenal need to fight to sign Dejan Lovren - top class defender, and good in the air. Trade players for him.

Another Defender and a Striker would be more than enough for me as we are currently blessed with a fantastic midfield at this point in time. Hopefully we can hold out until the January transfer window opens.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I still feel like it's too eary to say whether or not Arsenal can win the title, but Flamini, Ramsey, Giroud and the rest have been immense so far. I concur that if we can maintain this momentum until January, then we can truly mount an offensive for the title. I wouldn't mind more additions to the squad like others have pointed out, but as world class as Suarez is, I still think he's a liability and given Liverpool's recent form, it would be foolish of them to let him go so easilly to a rival club.

So far, Flamini and Ramsey's contributions in midfield have been awesome, and Giroud's overall linkup play is stellar (little flicks and passes that make goals, etc), and Ozil overall has just lifted us high. I'm also glad SZCZ is starting to make better blocks and catches on goal. Overall, I'm just happy to see the Gunners play with a bit more confidence and joy, so yes, long may it continue. :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sczcesny was really great last season and made amazing saves. The drawback was that mertesacker and koscielny have terrible discipline and pretty much suck. People won't admit it yet, but when things go south it's going to be hard to deny. Arsenal desperately need more defenders in the center.

If I was Wenger, I would push to spend 20£ m on Lovren from Southampton. They only spent £8,5mil. A bargain. 20 would be a huge payoff, and still a bargain for a young defender with CL experience from Lyon, who hasn't even peaked yet.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Xander as always your opinions are never far from the truth,my main concern for Wenger and the team is they might get burnt out towards the final stages of the league with thethe current squard.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thanks.

I don't think anyone in Arsenal's management expected this position after 8 weeks. The team gelled in a very serendipitous way. So while the calls for "Wenger out" have fallen silent over this season, I don't think that Wenger is out of the woods yet. Not by a long shot.

Fielding Bendtner last weekend against WBA was the second biggest comedy of the season. First biggest comedy was seeing his penalty kick at the end of the League Cup match against WBA a couple of weeks ago. The way he lined up and made such a slow kick and the keeper dove the wrong way..

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Quality? That is not a word I would use in any description of Bendtner. He's a joke. A Crystal Palace player pulling on an Arsenal jersey. We need to get him out. As soon as Arsene can get another top striker in (hopefully in Jan) Bendtner needs shipping out.

I know we are pretty thin on the ground with strikers due to injuries but bringing Bendtner back is a complete joke and I'm not laughing.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
If that man (Bendtnar) has any quality it's. Long gone,and Wenger should address this issue by buying a striker.
Any idea what's happened to Podolski?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
No one wanted Bendtner. He was under contract.

I am not sure about Podolski's injury. But this is a player who has a history of injured spells. Maybe in 3 years he'll be healthy, like Rosicky.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Podolski suffered a hamstring injury during our 3-1 win against Fulham, we do have our fair share of injury prone players.

I would like to see Jack Wilshere go through a whole season without picking up an injury.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Podolski suffered a hamstring injury during our 3-1 win against Fulham, we do have our fair share of injury prone players.

I would like to see Jack Wilshere go through a whole season without picking up an injury.

He's too old now for that rough hanky panky with Wenger. No injuries to fear.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

He's too old now for that rough hanky panky with Wenger. No injuries to fear.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
As long as Arsene Wenger can keep his hands off Wilshere for a season who am I to complain, I always did hear that Wilshere likes it hard.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
wenger-wilshere_1616736a.jpg