Come and Gone. AshBurton's Compulsive Shopping Habits (Pic Heavy)

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I thought about doing a collection thread, but instead decided to post some stuff that has come and gone in the last 3 years. Scroll down and shed a tear for me as we poor one on the block.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
My god that's one helluva impressive game room. Is everything shown gone?

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
CAM00939_zpsa7ee3207.jpg

Who's dicks are those hanging down?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
If this is all stuff you used to have, what does the current lineup look like?

And I'm with you, I always take a shit load of pics of the stuff I end up selling... just to document what it was like. :D

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Nice Rampage cab. I played the hell out of that back in the day.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
All gone except TFTC. I'm finishing up school this year and gearing up to move so I've had to be creative with funding this habbit. I find something nice on CL, restore it and then sell it or trade for something I want. Just going over my pin swaps the other day this is what I came up with as far as the pins I've owned, sold and traded in the past year and a half. Cyclone->TFTC->Star Wars->T2 & Earthshaker->Traded Earthshaker for Cyclone (2)->Traded T2 for Haunted House->Sold Both HH and Cyclone for Judge Dredd->Traded Judge Dredd for another TFTC. Its a sickness but I think I'm holding pat until the wife and I make the big move up to Panda Island.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
All gone except TFTC. I'm finishing up school this year and gearing up to move so I've had to be creative with funding this habbit. I find something nice on CL, restore it and then sell it or trade for something I want. Just going over my pin swaps the other day this is what I came up with as far as the pins I've owned, sold and traded in the past year and a half. Cyclone->TFTC->Star Wars->T2 & Earthshaker->Traded Earthshaker for Cyclone (2)->Traded T2 for Haunted House->Sold Both HH and Cyclone for Judge Dredd->Traded Judge Dredd for another TFTC. Its a sickness but I think I'm holding pat until the wife and I make the big move up to Panda Island.

Lol! One of these days I'm going to tackle a Cyclone, just no room right now :( awesome pics too btw !

AuXYked.jpg

Last edited:

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member

I'm working on a virtual pinball machine. I have it running VP, but I'm waiting for Pinball Arcade cabinet support before going any further. I also have an old Gottlieb Pinball Pool that I'm trying to fix. Expensive hobby.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Lot of great stuff there. Skid Row for lyfe!

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
The pieces and especially the condition of them are amazing! Did you put work into some/most of those or were you able to source them beauties as is? Impressive!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Nice Rampage cab. I played the hell out of that back in the day.

Me aswell, I would love to own that! Rampage was one of my fav. arcade games back in the day. Very nice stuff, it sucks you had sell most of it.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I remember when you sold the TSS... Would have loved to have had it, but couldn't afford it.

Some of those Samurai Shodown cases look familiar :D *looks behind* yup :D They are in a good place.

I have to admit I am jealous of the Haunted House you had. I had a chance to play it somewhat recently, and it was a blast. I need to work at trimming down my collection too. I think I am going to fix up a few pieces, trim down the stuff I really don't play.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The pieces and especially the condition of them are amazing! Did you put work into some/most of those or were you able to source them beauties as is? Impressive!

I restored The tallboy Big Red, DKJr, TMNT, my NAC and Alien Syndrome. They all were pretty rough when I found them. All went to good homes (8Man has my Big Red in his pool house) and help fund new projects so I really don't miss em too much. The DKJr and NAC are probably my biggest regrets, just because I had a blast with my nephew rebuilding them before he went to the Chair Force. Also, because both came out so nice.

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Great pics/documentation. Sad about some of those great losses, but at least you still have a badass pinball machine and a solid MVS lineup.

Love the posters, too. They Live, Return of the Living Dead, and Dogma are among my favorites, as well.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
For some reason, that fully restored Alien Syndrome impresses me the most. Don't think I have ever seen one in the wild. Glad these went to good new owners.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
You've got one helluva collection Ash. From the Big Reds to even a Final Fight cab, you've got everything I wish I could get my grubby hands on. I hope you still got that Final Fight cab. The MVS collection is posh too!

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I've actually got a dedicated Alien Syndrome sitting at the house. It's in fairly good condition, but the CPO has a large rip. Would you happen to remember where you got a new CPO from, if you replaced it?

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
If you ever decide to sell that Twinkle Star kit I'll buy it for a generous amount. :) Nice collection.