Twinkle star sprites

Hey guys,

I bought twinkle star sprites mvs from ebay for $140 it's authentic. You guys think that's a good price? I'm new to the neo geo world and just wanted to know if that was a good deal. Thanks guys!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Yes, that would be a great deal. I assume it has a fake label, though.

Did you buy it off eBay recently? I don't see anything below $250 shipped in recent sold auctions, which has been the trend with that game for the last year or two.

Yes, that would be a great deal. I assume it has a fake label, though.

Did you buy it off eBay recently? I don't see anything below $250 shipped in recent sold auctions, which has been the trend with that game for the last year or two.

yeah I'd say the label is fake. The seller is from Spain, so you may have to check international sales. I saw the one from Netherlands which is up to $211+ shipping right now, but i stumbled upon this one from Spain with a buy it now and got that instead. The game looks great....i love shoot'em ups!!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Be careful with anything from Spain, that's where most of the boots are coming from right now. Post up board pics when you get it to make sure it's real.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Yeah, anything around $220-250ish for a loose JP cart with a decent label is probably an OK price. Even though it's just a sticker, the US label seems to grab a few more bux.

Like the others have said, it's probably a boot considering where it's coming from. The low BIN price is probably the most apparent sign. Fingers crossed it's not a boot dude but all signs point to it probably is.

Well that's a bummer...oh well I'll post up some pics of the board when i get it. Thanks for your input guys.

Well guys i was able to pull out from the deal, i got my money back. I appreciate all your feedback, so I might just suck it up and buy one from the neogeo store unless someone is willing to sell their copy. :lolz:

Fulkelmis

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I was looking to get this game as well, but I am always considering that even if the game is marvelous, the price is too high. Compared to another rare game like Super Dodge Ball, it doesn't worth 2 times the price I paid for it. If you paid for $140, you made a good deal.

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Glad you could pull out of the deal, that definitely sounds like a "if it seems too good to be true, that's because it is" situation.
I paid the equivalent of near $260 for my legit English label copy about 2 years ago. One of the most expensive games I've ever brought, but worth every penny, especially if you have a second person to play with. :smirk:

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
You can find it on the NeoCD for a LOT less.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Sometimes I wonder if this game would get as much attention as it does if it didn't fall into the "Neo-Rare" Category. :scratch:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Sometimes I wonder if this game would get as much attention as it does if it didn't fall into the "Neo-Rare" Category. :scratch:

For some reason nearly all the games featuring "Cotton" the witch seem to be simultaneously under-represented and in high demand.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
It's an amazingly fun and competitive 2 player game with great music and aesthetics plus it's pretty much in a genre of it's own, on any system.

Last edited:

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I love TSS, but can't imagine paying the going rate for it. Although you could get lucky like the guy here who ended up with a TSS kit from a retired operator for $30 (he bought every game he had for $30 a pop, so overpaid some and made out like a bandit on others).

Your best bet for this game is to just get a multicart and enjoy. Drop $100 for a decent multicart (make sure it has any/most of the games you want to play first) and enjoy it.

I have the 138-in-1 myself and have a dedicated 1 slot board with it. I use it to get my fix on TSS, Viewpoint, SDB, MPE, and Zupapa :)

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
For some reason nearly all the games featuring "Cotton" the witch seem to be simultaneously under-represented and in high demand.

What is the name of that "Cotton Game" on TG16.

The one that is IMPOSSIBLE to get.

---

Oh yeah, thatis' it:

---

I was collecting TG-6 for a bit, and this game was IMPOSSIBLE to get. Never new why. Always saw one for sale and yet nobody could get one.

Last edited:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
What is the name of that "Cotton Game" on TG16.
The one that is IMPOSSIBLE to get.
---
Oh yeah, thatis' it:
---
I was collecting TG-6 for a bit, and this game was IMPOSSIBLE to get. Never new why. Always saw one for sale and yet nobody could get one.

Yeah, when a loose game sells for $2,000 you know things have gotten out of hand. It's the reason I have 93 instead of 94 TG16 cards in my collection. If I didn't have an Everdrive, I'd probably never get to play it on real hardware.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

its because it happened as the tg16 was going away and never sold much.