SOCAL shmupmeet/fighting games

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm still down for this also. I have no capacity to host, but would be willing to meet up somewhere around Orange County.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I’d love to host a gathering at my place if people are willing to go to the Valley. I own a condo in Reseda, but I’m in Paris right now as I also own an appartment here. But I should have enough to have people entertained. Among others I own 2 candies and one big red (I need to get this checked), 1 slot, 2 slot, and 6 slot, 2 Neo Geo AES, 3 Superguns Raijin, MAS Supernova, and a homemade one, various JAMMA PCBs, Hyper 64, Consolized Atomiswave, modded XBOX (loaded with emulators), MVS 161 in 1. Among many, many other systems that I own. If anyone is willing to show up to the Valley I’m willing to host in my condo there though I’m in Paris right now as I also own an appartment here. I’ll give you guys the heads up when I’m back in town.

Do you own an apartment in Paris?

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
I'll be in orange county again this year October 16-21. I think Quan and I are gonna hang out earlier in the week like on the 16th or 17th, at least to get some food. I think I know loegan43 won't be around, but if you guys wanna hang out too that'd be cool.

opt2not, that means you!

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Let me know what your plans are. Would be cool to meetup somewhere where we can play some games, but if not dinner/beers would be good too.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Where are the SOCAL peeps here generally located? I know LA is ginormous, so it's hard to get people together. But if many are willing to make it to the SF valley, I'm willing to host. I'm in Reseda, and I can let you guys know when I'm back in town. You can get to my place easily by going through the 101 or 405. If it's food people want there is literally a Denny's right outside my building. And if you guys are interested, my compound also has a swimming pool, though people probably just want to game indoors LOL. Anyway, I'd really love to host if people would get the word around. In the meantime since I'm nowhere around for anytime in the near future, someone should step up.

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
I guess hoping for next year.... now it's too busy for getting ready for family/holiday plans.:eek_2:

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Any updates? Hopefully before July of this year... (need to submit vacation..) :eek_2::eek_2::eek_2:

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I’ll definitely host one when i’m Back in town in my place in the Valley. I’m still across the pond though and not sure when i’ll Be back. But you can count on me getting the word out once i’m Back in town and we can all discuss a day.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
So I'm definitely going to be back in LA in the Fall Oct/Nov. I will host one as long as some people are willing to make it. Who's in? I'm in Reseda in the Valley just south of Northridge. I'm near the corner of Reseda Blvd and Saticoy. I have the arcade hardware MVS (1,2,4 slots), Consolized Atomiswave, Hyper 64, various JAMMA PCBs etc. I have 2 Neo Geo AES consoles. I also have 2 cabs and a third one that needs to get checked. If you're willing to make it, just let me know. I know it can be a bummer since LA's huge and some people don't want to go far. But as long as some are willing to show up to my place, I'm gonna go ahead and go through with the gathering. I have some hosting cred as I actually was the first to host the MN gatherings way back when almost 2 decades ago now.;)

Last edited:

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
So I take it you guys are in: Necros007, Rob Black, sr20det15? Ill give the heads up here of when I’ll be back. I’m still in Paris and don’t know when I’ll be back especially since this whole COVID-19 virus sprung up. But rest assured I’ll be posting here with definite dates of when I’ll be back in town as well as availability of when we can hold a little get together. We can discuss dates when the time comes to make sure everyone is free on the date we decide to do it.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I'm in, as long as I'm in town.

How's Paris during the quarantine?
I'm glad we were there last summer, because if we would of planned our trip for this summer we would have major issues.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
It’s all quiet here. Only essential businesses are open. Some people have masks others don’t. It’s a good thing we own an appartment here so I can stay until it’s all safe and not have to rush to make it back to the US.

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
Hey man, whats good!? Yeah you are close. Also looks like THEMAN, the annhialator of worlds is a local too!