SOCAL shmupmeet/fighting games

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
You still don't get it do you. Taking personal responsibility means something needs to come from you; either money, time, or some other sort of recompense. You made Ash take the fall for it that time. Since you knew the gigawing was a boot, that should have been something you could have taken up with the previous owner. Don't wait until it falls into someone's hands that does their due diligence and actually checks the board to do something about it.

And how many times do I need to repeat myself? IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO SHIPPED THE BOARD BACK TO ASH. The point is that it should have been your money (technically it was mine) that was refunding me, not somebody else. I also never said it took weeks for this to resolve. I made no mention of the length of time and nor it isn't relevant to this discussion.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
... Ash Burton steps up and offers to buy back the board even though he was two transactions removed from the ordeal. One other person own the board in between arcade game and Ash Burton. ....

Plumb sold the board to Ash;
Ash to Graffen;
Graffen to game;
game to Shadow, who discovered it was a boot; and then
Shadow to Ash, and
Ash to ???.

When I spoke with Ash at that time: He told me that he got the board from Professor Plumb. And back then, he was a noob and he didn't know the difference between Phoenixed and Phoenixed Conversion. So, he thought that these were the same thing. And he bought the board from plumb because he just wanted to play the game. So when sold the board (the first time, to Graffen) he listed it as Phoenixed. And I have do reason to doubt him. Ash is cool. He stepped up and made things right.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Shit Negro! That's all you had to say!
GjUUaMN.gif

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Ash is cool. He stepped up and made things right.

That was a very honorable thing to do but that shouldn't have been what happened. No discerning collector like arcade game would buy a cps2 board and not check it.

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Can you please try to remember that i told you that i would take care of it
And that you rather send it to him cause sending it to me would take longer
So that's why i didn't take care of the refund
Cause you send it out to him

If you would of send it to me ,of couse i would of take care of the payment
Cause if i remember ash offer me a refund
But seens you send it to him ,he refunded you

When i say it got resolve same day .not weeks
I said it cause i'm sure people here are confuse

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
You could have done that all in private and I would have been none the wiser. When it became known that a 3rd party had to get involved, your credibility and honesty went down the toilet. Otherwise, you're spouting the same thing over and over again. Come back when you have a real defense.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
And besides, my real beef with the situation is how you handled it. The end result is what it is. You went to great lengths to cover up your tracks and convince I got what I paid for. That's the scandal here. I paid the price for a legit gigawing and what I got was a boot. You haven't successfully convinced me otherwise why I should pay the legit board price for a boot.

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I get your point
But it makes no cense.when you were the one that decided NOT to send the board back to me

If you want it me to refund you.WHY did you send it to him and not me?good cuestion

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I get your point
But it makes no cense.when you were the one that decided NOT to send the board back to me

If you want it me to refund you.WHY did you send it to him and not me?good cuestion

You seem to be fixated on the wrong details. You should have given me the refund right at the start instead of dragging someone else into the fray much later.

If you want to know how things would have made me happy, here you go:

shadowkn55: hey, the gigawing board I got from you is a boot. I paid for a legit one
arcade game: sorry about that, didn't realize it was a boot
arcade game: bring it back and I'll refund you
shadowkn55: good deal

See? I would have been happy with that if you manned up from the beginning. It took hours to come up with terrible resolution that only ended up in your favor and nobody elses. That conversation up there, 1 minute max. Good customer service and everyone is happy.

I'll even provide my own anecdote of when things go wrong. I sold another member here my last 2 copies of SamSho1, $10 carts. One had bad sound so I told him I'd pick up another cart and swap it out free of charge. Problem was, I didn't have anymore at the time. I had to drive out to an operator that I knew had one to pick up a spare copy. Sure, I spent more in gas and time than I would have ever made off SamSho1. But in the end, the customer was happy and that's what mattered.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer

I sold another member here my last 2 copies of SamSho1, $10 carts. One had bad sound so I told him I'd pick up another cart and swap it out free of charge. Problem was, I didn't have anymore at the time. I had to drive out to an operator that I knew had one to pick up a spare copy. Sure, I spent more in gas and time than I would have ever made off SamSho1. But in the end, the customer was happy and that's what mattered.

Thank you, Shadow.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
.... You should have given me the refund right at the start instead of dragging someone else into the fray much later. ....

Yeah, life would have been so much easier if the initial transaction between game and shadow was reversed.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Life is so difficult, so is the last stage in gigawing for that matter.
Spoiler:
8588471424_ccabf3e06b_c.jpg

Randomsense

New Challenger
Chances are looking up for being able to stop in at least for a little while. Though if so it will probably be later in the day.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor

Marked in iCalender.

Question to the SoCal residents- Where are the arcades in SoCal not the large advertised LA ones but stuff near SD if any.
Back in NYC alot of them didn't advertise I'm hoping its same here since I don't see any.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Sup FinalBoss (My real name is David btw) We have super arcade relaunching soon. Mike watson runs it, and hes a cool guy with a bright personality. When it hits, it will be near azusa, and you should see me there frequently.