Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 85

Thread: SOCAL shmupmeet/fighting games

  1. #26
    Vice's Love Slave
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by arcade game View Post
    Can you explain?
    I thought we took care of it
    If I recall, you didn't care of anything. Tyranix95 and Ash Burton were gracious enough to fix your mess. You didn't man up to your responsibilities as a seller. Other people had to come in and take the heat for your handling of the situation.

  2. #27
    Belnar Institute Student
    arcade game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    los angeles

    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    If I recall, you didn't care of anything. Tyranix95 and Ash Burton were gracious enough to fix your mess. You didn't man up to your responsibilities as a seller. Other people had to come in and take the heat for your handling of the situation.
    I was the one that talk to ashburton
    And he said he didn't know it was a conversion
    And that he would take it back from you
    And you told me that you would send it back to him

    After that you even sold me an original Blazing star mvs cart


    You and me have seen each other at different meets

    And that one day you gave me a ride back to my house
    And you have never said anything about it
    What happen now?
    Last edited by arcade game; 10-22-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    Candy cab, KING

  3. #28
    Mitt Romney's Hairdresser
    Lemony Vengeance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A dried up lake bed

    Posts
    5,046
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    So you have time and money to acquire more cabs but none to fix a deal that went sour years ago?
    It's impossible to be a nice guy on the internet.

  4. #29
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by arcade game View Post
    I was the one that talk to ashburton
    And he said he didn't know it was a conversion
    And that he would take it back from you
    And you told me that you would send it back to him

    After that you even sold me an original Blazing star mvs cart


    You and me have seen each other at different meets

    And that one day you gave me a ride back to my house
    And you have never said anything about it
    What happen now?

    Shit Negro! That's all you had to say!

  5. #30
    Vice's Love Slave
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,146
    Exactly, you had to convince someone else to take back the bootleg gigawing instead of taking personal responsibility. The board may be out of my hands but as a seller, that doesn't clear the books. You also had the audacity to change the thread description to fit your side of the story. The right thing to do would have been to take refund the entire transaction. I was letting the whole situation slide up until now and then I was informed you were involved with some shady dealings with Sal concerning some of my close friends. It had to take some prying and a lot of pestering just to get what advertised. If you're selling junk/boots, I have no problem with that but full disclosure is a must.

    As far taking you and your kids home that one time, I wasn't going to let your kids sit out in the cold waiting for a ride because of a mistake on your part. I can hold a grudge but I'm not heartless.

  6. #31
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    As far taking you and your kids home that one time, I wasn't going to let your kids sit out in the cold waiting for a ride because of a mistake on your part. I can hold a grudge but I'm not heartless.

    Dammmmnnnnnnn. Deadbeat dad letting his kids wait out in the cold. Fuck that shit.

  7. #32
    Vice's Love Slave
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    Dammmmnnnnnnn. Deadbeat dad letting his kids wait out in the cold. Fuck that shit.
    That part is a little more complicated. Not entirely his fault.

  8. #33
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,811
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    That part is a little more complicated. Not entirely his fault.
    I'm trying to stir the pot.

  9. #34
    Belnar Institute Student
    arcade game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    los angeles

    Posts
    583
    I told you to give me or to send me the game so i could take care of it
    But you told me why send it to me when you could just send it to ash

    I have nothing to do with SAL selling the cabinet
    I didn't know he took parts from the cab
    Why people involve me with SAL ?
    I don't have anything to do with SAL
    I help 'DON' get the parts from SAL and i even offer to buy the cab
    But Don said no
    And i have help DON fix he's monitor chassis
    Not sure what you are talking about SAL
    EDIT:thank you for giving me a ride back to my house
    But you know that the pick up truck i borrow to deliver the 3 cabs
    To the meet,broke down
    Last edited by arcade game; 10-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    Candy cab, KING

  10. #35
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,811

  11. #36
    Vice's Love Slave
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by arcade game View Post
    I told you to give me or to send me the game so i could take care of it
    But you told me why send it to me when you could just send it to ash
    I don't recall that option over being on table but let's say it did for argument sake. That still doesn't change the fact that you edited the shmups thread to change the description after I PMed you my discovery. You can't claim ignorance on it's status as a boot since you willfully knew what words to add to legitimize the sale. And if you did know, you could have saved face by calling it a typo and refunded the entire transaction right there. The end result wasn't what bothered me the most, it was your actions in the middle that struck a nerve.

  12. #37
    Belnar Institute Student
    arcade game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    los angeles

    Posts
    583
    Why are you saying I edited the shmup thread?
    When we were talking over the phone you said how do I know
    You didn't edited the thread over at shmups



    Even ash told me he.didn't know it was a conversion

    And I did told you to send it to me
    But you said that it will take longer
    That's why you offer to send it to ash

    Same day you contacted me I talk to ash about it
    Candy cab, KING

  13. #38
    Vice's Love Slave
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,146
    I'm saying you changed it because I confirmed it with google cache and I asked the members that replied to your thread if they remembered seeing the description of gigawing as a conversion and none of them said yes.

  14. #39
    Hades Gate Keeper
    Tyranix95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA, CA

    Posts
    5,383
    Since everybody is going to run and check Google Cash now, I thought I'd post it and save you all the trouble.

    ----

    arcade game
    Post subject: BUNDLE SOLD: SOLD:Giga wings & street fighter 3nd impactPostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:20 pm
    This is Google's cache of http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42589. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Sep 26, 2013 11:51:50 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more
    Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.

    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

    BUNDLE SOLD:SOLD
    Giga wings cps2 green board for sale&
    Street fighter 3nd impact.i play it almost everyday so i know battery is good

    EDIT: People have asked me to split take apart the bundle.so here it is

    GIGA WINGS B board only phoenix con.

    Street fighter 3 2nd impact

    ...

    Last edited by arcade game on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.
    Last edited by Tyranix95; 10-22-2013 at 02:07 PM.

  15. #40
    Belnar Institute Student
    arcade game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    los angeles

    Posts
    583
    That's not true,not sure what you are talking about

    But my cuestion to you is why now?
    Like i said before you and me have seen each other
    At different meets and you have never said anything at all

    I'm sure all this is about SAL
    But i told you now and the rest of guys.that i have nothing to do with SAL

    I even help Don and jason to get all the parts from SAL
    I almost had to beg him to give the parts
    After that i have even help 'Don' fix a few monitor chassis for him
    At middle of the night
    Candy cab, KING

  16. #41
    Hades Gate Keeper
    Tyranix95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA, CA

    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by arcade game View Post
    ...

    And that one day you gave me a ride back to my house
    And you have never said anything about it
    What happen now?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    ...

    As far taking you and your kids home that one time, I wasn't going to let your kids sit out in the cold waiting for a ride because of a mistake on your part. I can hold a grudge but I'm not heartless.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcade game View Post
    ...

    EDIT:thank you for giving me a ride back to my house
    But you know that the pick up truck i borrow to deliver the 3 cabs
    To the meet,broke down
    And for those following along: I think this was at Frenetic's last meet, or somebody's after party.

  17. #42
    Belnar Institute Student
    arcade game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    los angeles

    Posts
    583
    Shadowkn55 ,at the after party you and me were playing puzzle bubble and 3rd strike
    Agains each other,and you seem really cool with me
    Not sure why now
    And specially here in my thread
    Candy cab, KING

  18. #43
    Vice's Love Slave
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,146
    If you can't figure out my contention by now, there's no point in arguing further. Any why bring it up now? Someone gave me a subtle reminder that you care more for padding your cab and pcb collection than taking care of customers. And for someone that collects as many pcbs as you, it's hard to believe you honestly didn't know it was a boot and feign ignorance. For any serious cps2 collector, the first thing they do is pop it open and check authenticity even if it comes from a trusted source. It's only a couple minutes of your time in exchange for a lifetime of piece of mind.

  19. #44
    Hades Gate Keeper
    Tyranix95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA, CA

    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    ... I was letting the whole situation slide up until now and then I was informed you were involved with some shady dealings with Sal concerning some of my close friends. It had to take some prying and a lot of pestering just to get what advertised. If you're selling junk/boots, I have no problem with that but full disclosure is a must. ....
    Quote Originally Posted by arcade game View Post
    ...

    I'm sure all this is about SAL
    But i told you now and the rest of guys.that i have nothing to do with SAL

    I even help Don and jason to get all the parts from SAL
    I almost had to beg him to give the parts
    After that i have even help 'Don' fix a few monitor chassis for him
    At middle of the night
    Quote Originally Posted by arcade game View Post
    ...

    I have nothing to do with SAL selling the cabinet
    I didn't know he took parts from the cab
    Why people involve me with SAL ?
    I don't have anything to do with SAL
    I help 'DON' get the parts from SAL and i even offer to buy the cab
    But Don said no
    And i have help DON fix he's monitor chassis
    Not sure what you are talking about SAL
    ....
    Don finished the deal with Sal. He decided to keep the shell--Fix it up--And moved on.

    FWIWN: The AC Cab Don got from Sal was described by game as "complete, and is good shape, minus a monitor and a chassis." And all Don needed to do was drop a monitor and a chassis in the cab and he would be ready to game. It was seen in person.

    In short, the AC cab that Sal delivered was far from what game described. A stripped and tagged on cab with a bad PSU. Don's beef was with Sal for dropping off a bum cab.

    Even game was PO'd a Sal. And, yes, game did help Don get a box of missing parts from Sal.

    And he did help Don fix a couple of Nanao chassis (on some other AC cabs that he got from some other local guys).
    Last edited by Tyranix95; 10-22-2013 at 03:08 PM.

  20. #45
    Hades Gate Keeper
    Tyranix95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA, CA

    Posts
    5,383
    Imho, every collector boot checks their boards--especially on this site.

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    ... the first thing they do is pop it open and check authenticity even if it comes from a trusted source. It's only a couple minutes of your time in exchange for a lifetime of piece of mind.
    Heh, even the noobs who don't know shit about boot checking know enough to get their boards boot checked.

  21. #46
    Belnar Institute Student
    arcade game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    los angeles

    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranix95 View Post
    Imho, every collector boot checks their boards--especially on this site.



    Heh, even the noobs who don't know shit about boot checking know enough to get their boards boot checked.
    I'm with you guys on that one
    But i didn't check cause i sold it with in days
    Of purchase
    Cause something else came up
    Plus this situation was resolve the same day
    So not sure why you are still mad


    I offer to get the game back.but you said it will take longer like that
    So that's why you send it to ash
    Candy cab, KING

  22. #47
    . Yodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,811
    I don't even understand what the hell actually happened.

    Grammar people, plz.

  23. #48
    Vice's Love Slave
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    I don't even understand what the hell actually happened.

    Grammar people, plz.
    Long story short. I bought a phoenixed gigawing and cps3 bundle from arcade game. I went to home to check if gigawing was real, turned out to be a boot. I sent him a message saying it's a boot and I want a refund. A little while later he edits the sales thread to say it was a conversion as a cover up. Nobody in the shmups thread ever recalled the original posting saying it was a conversion. He didn't want to give a refund because the money was spent on a DoDonPachi pcb. All the while he was claiming ignorance on gigawing being a boot, we go through the purchase history of the board and see if anyone wants it back. Ash Burton steps up and offers to buy back the board even though he was two transactions removed from the ordeal. One other person own the board in between arcade game and Ash Burton.

    Quote Originally Posted by arcade game View Post
    I'm with you guys on that one
    But i didn't check cause i sold it with in days
    Of purchase
    Cause something else came up
    Plus this situation was resolve the same day
    So not sure why you are still mad


    I offer to get the game back.but you said it will take longer like that
    So that's why you send it to ash
    That's the problem right there. In your mind, you think that because I no longer own the board, it's a done deal. At the end of the day, no money come out of your pocket. It came out of Ash's. I definitely applaud his generosity during the whole situation. I did feel kinda awful and pretty awkward about sending it back to him even though he was cool with it. Just because you offered to ship the board back to Ash instead of me, that doesn't give you any right to credit in responsibility. You didn't really do anything except find one else to make the problem go away for you. The one thing you should have done which is no longer remotely possible which was to refund the entire transaction and try to resell the games in a more transparent manner.

    And for getting in new stuff, I always check within a day or two, even the cheap $10 carts. I always clearly label which carts are legit and which ones are boots. Like I said before, I have no problem with anyone selling anything. As long as it's transparent to the buyer what they are getting.

  24. #49
    Hades Gate Keeper
    Tyranix95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA, CA

    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    I don't even understand what the hell actually happened.

    Grammar people, plz.
    In Brief:

    Shadow is still mad over a deal he did with arcade game, over a year ago, involving a GIGAWING board and a 2nd Impact Board. Now, he's is using Don's bad "AC cab" deal to bring it up. Don (Ni8wing) just finished a finished an "AC cab" deal with a guy name Sal (3rensho). In that deal, Sal delivered a "cab" (more like stripped shell) that was not as described. After Don and Sal "talked" for a while: game got some of the parts Don need to finish the deal and move on. The deal was not smooth. The only connection between Shadow's deal and Don's deal is arcade game.

    I got a PM from Don not long ago. He has been excused from work today. He has a cold. And is depressed: Today he found out that his last surviving grandma had a bad stroke. He doesn't understand why he is being dragged into this.
    Last edited by Tyranix95; 10-22-2013 at 03:48 PM.

  25. #50
    Belnar Institute Student
    arcade game's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    los angeles

    Posts
    583
    The reason 'ash' offered to take the game back
    It's cause i talk to him firts and he said he would take care of it
    Cause he sold it to me

    I'm not sure why you can't remember that you told me
    That you would send it to him
    Cause if it was send to me it would take longer

    The same day you contacted me i got in touch with ash
    And even though i didn't refund it you
    He offered to get the game cause it came from him
    In the first place

    The situation was resolve same day
    NOT weeks

    And no that's not true, i didn't need the money to buy Dondonpachi

    Bottom line is ,that it was resolve the same day
    Candy cab, KING

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •