Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SOCAL shmupmeet/fighting games

Lazy SNK Employee

Never made it to Super Arcade but use to frequent Western Arcade at the same (old) location back in the day. Have always heard good things about them though. In the same general area (not exactly by SD) you also have James Games in Upland. Haven't been there in a long time either but the guy who runs it was always cool.

Tung's Hair Stylist

Quote Originally Posted by LWK View Post
    Sup FinalBoss (My real name is David btw) We have super arcade relaunching soon. Mike watson runs it, and hes a cool guy with a bright personality. When it hits, it will be near azusa, and you should see me there frequently.
    Thanks for the heads up ! I don't know Azusa ill be googling that in a second. How soon is "soon" on the relaunch, and why a reliance is it a facelift?

Quote Originally Posted by Randomsense View Post
    Never made it to Super Arcade but use to frequent Western Arcade at the same (old) location back in the day. Have always heard good things about them though. In the same general area (not exactly by SD) you also have James Games in Upland. Haven't been there in a long time either but the guy who runs it was always cool.
    Thanks for the link

EDIT- Both these places seem to be in LA or very near it. I was hoping they were close to SD
    Ill keep them in mind for LA visits.
    The search goes on
    Last edited by FinalbossNYC; 10-16-2015 at 12:17 AM.

NSFW! Seriously
    You Have
    Been Warned!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalbossNYC View Post
    Marked in iCalender.

Question to the SoCal residents- Where are the arcades in SoCal not the large advertised LA ones but stuff near SD if any.
    Back in NYC alot of them didn't advertise I'm hoping its same here since I don't see any.
    Arcades are practically dead here in SD. There was one in El Cajon's Parkway Plaza, but I haven't been there in a while so I don't know if it still exists. You could try your luck at Nickel City or Boomer's, but I don't know if either of them still has anything worth playing. Belmont Park has an arcade with some pinball machines and a handfull of oldschool games. The Dave & Busters here doesn't have much of note unless you're really into lightgun games and racing games, though they do have a few interesting things like Time Crisis 5, Mario Kart, and a couple of pod-like cabs with air/space combat games. I think your best bets are barcades such as Brewskie's Bar & Arcade and The Coin Op, the former has all of their games set to free-play while the latter has a better selection of games.
    Last edited by Poison Sama; 10-16-2015 at 04:15 AM.

Tung's Hair Stylist

Quote Originally Posted by Poison Sama View Post
    Arcades are practically dead here in SD. There was one in El Cajon's Parkway Plaza, but I haven't been there in a while so I don't know if it still exists. You could try your luck at Nickel City or Boomer's, but I don't know if either of them still has anything worth playing. Belmont Park has an arcade with some pinball machines and a handfull of oldschool games. The Dave & Busters here doesn't have much of note unless you're really into lightgun gamee and racing games, though they do have a few interesting things like Time Crisis 5, Mario Kart, and a couple of pod-like cabs with air/space combat games. I think your best bets are barcades such as Brewskie's Bar & Arcade and The Coin Op, the former has all of their games set to free-play while the latter has a better selection of games.
    Thanks so much for the thorough reply, Ill check and see if the EL Cajon spot is up and running and ill check out those bar-cades though I'm not much for drink, beggars can't be choosers.
    Ive never been in a D&B even thought there were several in NY their commercials made them seem catered to non gamers and drinking, but Id like to check out some modern racers and gun games possibly with a non gamer friend. Thanks again Sama also love the sig gif

All my tutorial videos, combo videos, bug video's and general gaming videos can be found on my youtube. Youtube.com/URLWK

Quote Originally Posted by loegan43 View Post
    I bet there's nothing like playing Street Fighter II with 9-buttons and a giant steering wheel pressed against your nuts.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

The places mentioned all look great. I'll have to make time to get out to each if them.

By chance does anyone know of any arcades in the orange county area?

4" Chinaman Slave

Quote Originally Posted by FinalbossNYC View Post
    Where are the arcades in SoCal not the large advertised LA ones but stuff near SD if any.
    Back in NYC alot of them didn't advertise I'm hoping its same here since I don't see any.
    I know one in Huntington Park. Most of the machines are covered in graphite

4" Chinaman Slave

Quote Originally Posted by LWK View Post
    What day?

4" Chinaman Slave

Any plans for a meet this year AG?

4" Chinaman Slave

Any plans for a meet this year AG? (2nd Attempt)

Thread Information