Atomiswave to Naomi

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i never had to make bats or bins or what have you... unzip the RAR files from the french forum and just use the bins.... my file extension reads:
C:\python\python C:\python\naomi_boot.py C:\python\games\borderdown_v3.bin
and it works perfectly.....

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
1. Default - c:\Python27
2. c:\Netboot
3. c:\Netboot\Naomi\Ikarugav3.bin

Now you got me confused:
You don't need any .bat file? How do you choose wich game you want to load? Does the naomi_boot.py have that information?

I've never used a bat file either. Maybe you need bat files if using a GUI for your loader? Does naomi_boot even have a GUI available??? You are telling it what game to boot on the command line with Naomi_boot...

Anyways. With the info you provided it should work if you do this:

1. Make sure the naomi_boot file is edited to reflect the IP address for your NetDIMM (192.168.0.10)
2. Open the command line box
3. Type cd\ c:\python27\ ---This will change your working directory to Python27, prompt should now say c:\python27\>
4. Now type: python c:\Netboot\naomi_boot.py c:\Netboot\Naomi\Ikarugav3.bin
5. Hit enter and it should reset and load the Naomi a series of times and then boot the game.

If you want to boot a different game just change the game name at the end of the command from Ikarugav3.bin to whatever else you want to boot.

If the directory information you gave me is correct and you edited the IP correctly in the naomi_boot file then the above will work. Also, make sure the coin battery on your Naomi motherboard is not dead. That will help save your settings so you don't need to change them everytime. Not sure if the battery saves your IP settings or not but still nice to have working.

Does anyone know of a nice GUI for Naomi Netbooting? Info is scattered everywhere for netbooting. It sure would make things easier.

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Now i finally feel like i'm getting somewhere :glee:

I get this error message:

h7sw.jpg

if i go into the Naomi menu, i can even see the name of the game i'm trying to boot.
What am i missing now? What is that error 10054?

Can't give up now, right? :D :D

Dion

It usually says that if the Naomi is turned off or disconnected while the game is loading or playing. Does the program tell you that it is actually loading? After it finishes loading you should see a time limit loopback hacking message.

EDIT: Tyranix is right. You need to start with the Python.exe (though you can leave off the .exe part) And also, you are telling it to look for the game bin in your python folder. You told us that the game bins are in the c:\netboot\naomi folder.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
if everythign is in your python folder, you can do this:

C:\Python27>python Naomi_boot.py <name of game>

so C:\Python27>python Naomi_boot.py ikaruga_v3.bin

Ikaruga is the smallest naomi game out there so don't expect the "now loading" to stay up for more than 10 seconds.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I forgot to mention that i've put all the files in the "Python27" folder to make things easier.

I gave it another try, but got the same error:

llil.jpg

Getting desperate :(

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Looking through the source your PC is essentialy refusing to send the data.

Just get a router and 2 normal eth cables, it'll be a LOT easier on you.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
:cool:

Now it looks like I have a good excuse pull out the NAOMI. :mr_t:

Need to clear some space first. This may take a while. :lolz:

---

In the mean time:

1. How is your NET/DIMM board connecting to your computer?

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Looking through the source your PC is essentialy refusing to send the data.

Just get a router and 2 normal eth cables, it'll be a LOT easier on you.

If i try that, what do i need to change in terms of ip addresses?
I have a spare router, i can take it near the Naomi and try that.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Once you plug your PC into the router, it should auto assign your PC an IP address, like 192.168.0.2

Assuming that's the case, set your naomi to something in the same subnet like 192.168.0.3, and put that same IP in the script. Make sure you click the "SET" button in test mode to actually save the IP, AND reboot the naomi (power cycle) to boot up with the correct IP. Subnet mask on the NAOMI should stay at 255.255.255.0

At that point you should be good to go. If not I have a text document that walks through every step.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Thanks mate, but i guess i will only be able to try that tomorrow :mad:

Dion

Yeah. Make sure your NetDIMM is actually saving the IP address. It makes me wonder if you have another device on your network with the same IP causing the conflct... The router will make it much easier. Right now my NetDIMM is connected to my router with a standard cable and I netboot from my laptop via wifi.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
hate to be "THAT GUY" but a new thread in tech support would be great if this issue persists. That way we don't gum up darksoft's reveal thread ;)

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
This is pretty sweet, ill check this out...I have demolish fist for atomiswave so ill compare if there are any differences...

Also i know i've asked so many times maybe this time someone will share...But does anyone have a nice software GUI for Naomi Netbooting? I think i even saw a video of some dude using netbooting using a tablet/phone. If you know about this can you share haha.

Last edited:

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
111 Downloads. 3 Test reports. 2 Donations.
Come on guys are you just collecting this or is actually someone playing Demolish Fist? Report!!!!!!
And if you enjoyed it donate!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
The game works fine, it's just that Demolish First was a meh game in the first place. It's kind of like a poor persons Dynamite Deka 2 heh

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Ok, _rm_ I got the Naomi out. It's up and running now.

Try using the triforcetools.py instead of the naomi_boot.py

---

Btw, the Ikaruga file works fine.

And I just loaded DemoslishFist: WOW!! :cool:

The demo plays perfect compared to my Atomis.

Can't wait to try this out.

Now i finally feel like i'm getting somewhere :glee:

I get this error message:

h7sw.jpg

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
_rm_,

These are known good files. They work fine for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zt58qa19sy9qd16/_rm_.rar

If you still have a problem. It's with your set-up.

Double check your Net/Dimm board jumpers. And make sure your router sees both your Naomi and your computer. And double check your file paths, file directories, and file locations.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

bryan

Geese's Thug
Cool stuff here! I was like skate and got into the Naomi for the sheer number of games and it will be neat to just swap CF cards for some Atomiswave. From the pic of the $50 Donation DVD it looks as if it will include all the games. I have a CF reader but have never tried to make any cards, would I still need the program to make the cards and where could I find it?

I know what people say about charging for roms, but come on it is not any worse then the $50 bootleg AW carts. And at least they did some cool work instead of just bootlegging.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I just play tested DEMOLITIONFIST.

All I've got to say is: MISSION COMPLETE :D

That and it works fine with my ND 4.02 board, N1, and Capcom I/O.

I'll try a different I/O later, when I have more time.

Nice work, ds.

:buttrock:

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Hi guys,

just to let you know that these last couple days i had no time to test, probably will only be able to try again tomorrow night. Will also try the router way.

I will then open a new thread to post the progress to stop this off-topic.

Will try your files Tyranix95, thanks.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The game works fine, it's just that Demolish First was a meh game in the first place. It's kind of like a poor persons Dynamite Deka 2 heh

I love Demolish Fist. You're right, it's not the best beat-em-up, but it has so much personality. It's just a fun game, and is definitely worthy of having more people play it ;) I love just about the entire Atomiswave lineup, and have really been surprised at the backlash for the system here at ng.com. Maybe now that more of the games will make it to the Naomi, people will actually get a chance to play some of the gems on the system.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Cool stuff here! I was like skate and got into the Naomi for the sheer number of games and it will be neat to just swap CF cards for some Atomiswave. From the pic of the $50 Donation DVD it looks as if it will include all the games. I have a CF reader but have never tried to make any cards, would I still need the program to make the cards and where could I find it?

I know what people say about charging for roms, but come on it is not any worse then the $50 bootleg AW carts. And at least they did some cool work instead of just bootlegging.

I have no issue charging for a ROM that's been altered to play on different hardware. They put some work into this, and they want a little money back. It's not hurting Sega, it's not hurting the game developers, it's not hurting the arcades. We're in hobbyist territory here for all of these games. Of course I'd like everything for free and of the highest quality possible, but... I also don't think $50 shipped for the Atomiswave library on a DVD is that bad.