Atomiswave to Naomi

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
holy shit. Wow man, I'm impressed!

is it possible to distribute BIN files that will make it work with Netbooting?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
im with Lemony Vengeance will it only be a buy from him on cf thing or can we have the bins to netboot and place on our own cf. im not interested if itsa money grab

Last edited:

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
This project will be a donation based though. Everytime we get reach a certain amount (to be decided) we'll release a new game to the public.

You can't imagine the number of hours spent there. Not to mention the Maple2JVS conversion :loco:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
This project will be a donation based though. Everytime we get reach a certain amount (to be decided) we'll release a new game to the public.

You can't imagine the number of hours spent there. Not to mention the Maple2JVS conversion :loco:

I'm all for donations, for sure. credit where credit is due.

I would like to avoid getting a CF reader though. I really like my netdimm and I'm not sure if my blast will work with the CF flash attachment without a secondary power supply.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is very interesting. I still might just buy an AW though. Running a Naomi compared to an AW is like Astrophysics is to 2 minute noodles.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
very nice, are there any kind of resolution issues/restrictions?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
SO GLAD I just got my netdimm set up running! atomiswave on naomi AWESOME!!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Wait, so now everyone on here likes the Atomiswave all of a sudden? Haha, OK. It's definitely cool to see this brought to the Naomi, but I agree with lachlan. Atomiswave is a simple JAMMA setup for most people (I actually have mine wired JVS/JAMMA, but whatevs) where the Naomi is a complicated mess of messiness. ;) If you want to boot the Atomiswave, I'd recommend grabbing a cheap board and get the games super cheap from Aliexpress or something, but... This is still really cool. Glad more people are going to get to play some of these games. Fist of the Northstar, KOF XI, Rumble Fish, etc are all really fun games.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Wait, so now everyone on here likes the Atomiswave all of a sudden? Haha, OK. It's definitely cool to see this brought to the Naomi, but I agree with lachlan. Atomiswave is a simple JAMMA setup for most people (I actually have mine wired JVS/JAMMA, but whatevs) where the Naomi is a complicated mess of messiness. ;) If you want to boot the Atomiswave, I'd recommend grabbing a cheap board and get the games super cheap from Aliexpress or something, but... This is still really cool. Glad more people are going to get to play some of these games. Fist of the Northstar, KOF XI, Rumble Fish, etc are all really fun games.

The main reason I picked the NAOMI as my first arcade rig was the sheer number of games available on the platform that I liked. Lots of shmups, fighters, and puzzle games available especially if you netboot. I don't own an atomiswave because there are really only a few games I'd want, and overall the library is much smaller. If I can run those games on my NAOMI, that's a huge bonus, especially with no new hardware investment involved.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
One thing I want to know, since people will probably be switching games with more frequency in this setup, have you found a way to not clear backup RAM between games? Would be nice to save unlocked characters, scores and settings between games. Might make having a setup like this worth an investment, even for a guy like me that already has all of the games for my Atomiswave.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I guess the question is:

If we can get Atomiswave games on the Naomi, Can we get them on the Dreamcast?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I guess the question is:

If we can get Atomiswave games on the Naomi, Can we get them on the Dreamcast?

Probably. The Atmoiswave is pretty much just a cartridge based Dreamcast. I'd imagine the games would work on the DC fine with some tweaking.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
One thing I want to know, since people will probably be switching games with more frequency in this setup, have you found a way to not clear backup RAM between games? Would be nice to save unlocked characters, scores and settings between games. Might make having a setup like this worth an investment, even for a guy like me that already has all of the games for my Atomiswave.

This.

I would absolutely love to maintain unlocks and settings...would this be possible at all?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Probably. The Atmoiswave is pretty much just a cartridge based Dreamcast. I'd imagine the games would work on the DC fine with some tweaking.

Yeah, I've taken them apart.

Actually, what would be cool is a flash cart that plays DC games.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I would just like to see some Atomiswave games on my Dreamcast. I know most got ported to PS2 but my system broke and I'm not really looking to buy another.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Iicr,

NAOMI 2 > NAOMI > Dreamcast > Atomiswave.

Basically, but from what I understand it's actually Naomi 2 > Naomi > Atomiswave ≈ Dreamcast

According to System16.com, the Atomiswave is literally just a Dreamcast spec board.