Yugoslavia Ultimate 11 (2013 edition)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Let's say Yugoslavian countries pooled their resources, and just for the World Cup, they would be allowed a team of the best talents of their former member nations.

This is what I imagine the team to look like

Begovic (Bos)
Ivanovic (Ser) Nastasic (Ser) Subotic (Ser) Kolarov (Ser)

Modric (Cro) Pjanic (Bos) Birsa (Slo) Lulic (Bos)

Dzeko (Bos) Mandzukic (Cro)

Subs:
Handanovic (Slo), Corluka (Cro), Ljajic (Ser), Vucinic (Mon), Jovetic (Mon), Jelavic (Cro)

This would be an absolute powerhouse.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
great team - I think their biggest issue would be ego's and chemistry on the pitch, but if they got it together they would absolutely plow through most world cup sides.

side note: Was Slovakia a part of former Yugoslavia? If so id add Skrtel and Hamsik in there

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Pairing Mandzukic and Dzeko is already wicked. The rest of them would be hard to topple.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
great team - I think their biggest issue would be ego's and chemistry on the pitch, but if they got it together they would absolutely plow through most world cup sides.

side note: Was Slovakia a part of former Yugoslavia? If so id add Skrtel and Hamsik in there

Slovakia was part of the former Soviet Union back in the day, And if Yugoslavia was still around they would definitely make for a formidable team in Europe and in the rest of the world.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Slovakia was part of the former Soviet Union back in the day, And if Yugoslavia was still around they would definitely make for a formidable team in Europe and in the rest of the world.

Slovakia is not really close to Yugoslavia. It's usually confused with Slovenia (definitely part of Yugoslavia).

But if you merged Slovakia with the Czech Republic, that team would be pretty damn good.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The team would be promising for a few games but they would quickly dissolve due to the players deciding to ethnic cleans each other.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Surprisingly, Pjanic and Ljujic haven't killed each other at Roma over the course of 3 games (all wins)

I think the younger Serbs are over it, and the other former members are happy to have their independence.