A tool for CPS3 Collectors with working, battery-powered security carts!!

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Hey everybody!

I have compiled a CD that can be used in conjunction with a Darksoft SuperBIOS cart to assist those CPS3 collectors who own working NoCD carts.

The reason why this will be helpful to some people is because a NoCD cart cannot be used to write or re-write the game to the pcb. So if you have ever had a SIMM fail or you have bought a cart from someone that ended up being a NoCD cart, the only way prepare the pcb would be to track down a working CD version cart of the same game.

But not anymore. With this CD and the SuperBIOS cart you can easily write the entire game back to your SIMMs. Some games require more steps than others but there are individual instructions included in the archive and on the cd.

And for those who are clever, you could probably use Darksoft's original tool with this CD to play any game on your pcb in NoCD mode.

Here is the download link:
https://mega.co.nz/#!jNpXiIaS!PZjWpEGULJqyC0L8IGR0yBxSIKBjgqdArjcttmwHRBY

And a tutorial video:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Awesome work Jeremy. Thanks for the continued effort with CPS3.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Awesome! herr... just a question, far from recovering NOCD sets, is it possible to run NOCD games with a Normal/Custom SH2+SuperBios cart!? :scratch:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Awesome! herr... just a question, far from recovering NOCD sets, is it possible to run NOCD games with a Normal/Custom SH2+SuperBios cart!? :scratch:

The SuperBIOS can't run the original code as it is written. It will crash at boot. We are just using the SuperBios as a helper to assist in the preservation of battery-powered NoCD carts in this case. :)