New Supergun

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Hi there!

Just wanted to share a project I made some weeks ago, but didn't had any minimal decent camera to take pictures of it.

I took a Vodafone Cable TV box to host all of the wiring.
Also placed a PCB mounted Scart RGB plug on the back for easy RGB/Audio connections.

Power comes directly from the box PSU, which has unfortunately no -5V, but most JAMMA boards don't require that special voltage...

I didn't had any decent tools to make a decent cut/drill on the the front panel, so instead of ruining it, I left 2 wired DB15's on the back of the box ( still have to drill a few holes to apply screws to stick them ).

Here! Some pics.

Enjoy :)

On the front panel, the buttons are wired to coins, JAMMA test, Service, etc

Works like a charm!

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Nice work, Atro.

How long did you're project take from start to finish?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Nice work, Atro.

How long did you're project take from start to finish?

eerr... about one long afternoon ^^

I already bought the Jamma harness wired up.
I just had to cut some useless wires and rewire the controllers ports ( the wires were too thick for my soldering iron ).

The PSU is pretty decent. Rock steady. Even had some soldering points for the power connections under the PSU PCB.
As for the Scart RGB, it was also a pretty quick soldering job. It had a PCB, so I just had to care about the direct wiring
and not to ground all the rest.

It's just a shame I cannot use the front panel power button.
It still lights up when turned on tho!

Actually, I'm with too much free time. I'd like to spend more time on doing stuff like this just for fun.

I'm still trying to find a *WORKING* PC Engine RGB amp mod.

I'm using the Sega 3085 RGB Scart cable ( which is already amplified ) but I always have an overscan
line running on the background.
I'm no electronic expert, I actually know only some basic stuff ( pretty enough for a Sgun tho! ) and I
really cannot figure it out what it is.

I ordered a few Din 8 Base connectors, I'll install them on my Super Grafx and Super CD-Rom2.
It might be a faulty problem from my Core Grafx.
If it happens again with the SGfx or the SCDrom2, then the amp is probably not strong enough.
We'll see!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
nice vodafone supagun man! would be awesome if you share with us how you built it step by step.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Thanks for sharing, Atro :)

Last edited: