AES graphics issue with Phantom-1

annuvin

n00b
hello all, I have a weird graphical issue with my phantom-1 converter and magician lord. the game starts fine, but about 10 seconds into game play the screen goes all fuzzy and distorted. the exact same thing happens in aero fighters 2 but in none of my other games. do you think it is an issue with the converter or my AES?

Attachments

• IMG_2448.JPG
    IMG_2448.JPG
    520.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

annuvin

n00b
in case anyone cares, I was able to fix the issue. it was a cold solder joint on the ZMC2. I was able to DePOT the chip rather easy by baking the board at 275F for about 10 minutes and then carefully sliding a sharp knife under the epoxy. It mostly came off in the first round but I had to do a few more cycles to get it all off. then I went around the chip and reflowed all the solder and presto, no more problems! What worries me though is that I bought this "used" from the neostore, did I get scammed into buying a known bad board? sorta looks like it.IMG_2461_mod.jpg

Shawn

snkusa.com
Really? Your conclusion is that the NeoStore scammed you. Christopher, your order shipped same day and you received a response within one day assuring you that the used/preowned converter was tested and confirmed to be working before listing on the NeoStore. It was explained that this converter was not tested with all MVS games on all version of systems and with all versions of power supplies and so you were also offered a full refund in your very first response from the NeoStore.

I don't doubt that you had a converter issue on your end, the NeoStore has had to provide perhaps 100+ returns and exchanges over the years for the literally thousands of these MVS to AES converters that have been sold through the NeoStore. Just because a converter works flawlessly before shipped doesn't mean it will work flawlessly with the customer’s specific system, power supply, and all MVS carts, but the majority of the time they do. These weren’t officially made by SNK and so compatibility and quality issues aren’t always going to meet everyone’s expectations, especially a 1st generation Phantom-1 converter (hence the price that was roughly 1/3 that of the Daedalus).

I'm glad that your issue was resolved so quickly and that your converter is functioning without issue, but to publicly accuse the NeoStore of scamming you, especially after offering you a full refund in the very 1st response, is a remarkably dishonest conclusion and unwarranted attack. For now, you may continue posting on our forums, but please try to do so with honesty and logic. I ask that you return the converter for the full refund ASAP and not return to the NeoStore. Your access to the NeoStore is now suspended (no new orders can be placed on your behalf). For the sake of protecting our members from false accusations, you are also banned from dealing on our market forums. Though most sellers won't ship to Zimbabwe anyways, so this really shouldn't affect anyone.

Again, I ask that you please return the converter that you were allegedly scammed into buying ASAP. Your return shipping cost will be refunded as well. Thank you.

annuvin

n00b
oh dear, that was a lengthy response. I'm not sure how I will get by without being able to buy more broken junk from your store.