Why I decided to keep my Vita...

SSS

neo retired
gameplay wise TxK is amazing. menu wise it's downright horrible, archaic. why do I have to wait for the playfield to spin into view before I key over to the next one? Feels like it takes a full minute just to select level 10. And when you get to the end, instead of keying back to the beginning when you press right, it just stays on the last available level. I hope they patch this mess.

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
gameplay wise TxK is amazing. menu wise it's downright horrible, archaic. why do I have to wait for the playfield to spin into view before I key over to the next one? Feels like it takes a full minute just to select level 10. And when you get to the end, instead of keying back to the beginning when you press right, it just stays on the last available level. I hope they patch this mess.

The leaderboards are a mess too.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Just purchased it, downloading now.

I abhor not owning a physical game. I've only bought one other digital game and that was an absolute waste. Minter, of course, gets the benefit of the doubt.

looking forward to playing shortly.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Controls are too touchy.. it's like playing on ice.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
If you are playing with the dpad, stop. The analog is much better. Add me to PSN if you havent already, FreakMastaB

I fell a bit on the leader boards and finished it yesterday.

pi5P1PM.png

No, i really don't do twitter. I only recently started when I found the musician of the Viewpoint soundtrack.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
nice work NeoTurfMasta, you back on the top 10 yet? i saw you dropped down over the weekend

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
nice work NeoTurfMasta, you back on the top 10 yet? i saw you dropped down over the weekend

I'm 6 on Classic right now. Going to work on Survival again. I only played through Survival once.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member

If you push up/down on the level selection it moves 10 levels at a time. I agree that the webs shouldn't have to spin into view before you change.

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Downloaded this last night, cause of the enthusiasm in this thread! I'm fairly certain this is one of the only games I've ever downloaded...at full price lol.its pretty awesome though, the soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission!

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I want to follow the guy who did the Viewpoint soundtrack on Twitter too. What's his name?

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I downloaded this game on a whim when it came out earlier this month, I haven't played a whole lot but I do enjoy it. Still makes me want to pick up Tempest 2K and a modded rotary Jaguar controller.
Hopefully the VITA gets more good games like this.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Well, I played Space Giraffe for the Xbox 360 a few years ago and it was a great experience. I'm willing to try this new game, but right now my favourite in VITA is by far Tearaway. Beautiful design and a great platformer. Every owner of a VITA should play this game.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I am kinda debating what soundtrack I like better between TxK and Tempest 2000. I downloaded the 2000 soundtrack and used it as a customer soundtrack while playing TxK, and the result was pretty cool. Good way to get the sorta-kinda 2000 feel without breaking out the Jaguar... (which I currently don't have one)

And, NTM, congrats on getting recognized by Jeff...

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Finally picked this up a few weeks ago when it was on sale.

It's pretty good gameplay-wise (as expected), but it's also quite buggy and the leaderboards update very slowly. And motion controls should have no place in this game; they add nothing of any value and actually take away from the experience.

I think Space Giraffe is the better game overall, mainly due to the deeper scoring system. Though the way in which TxK's gameplay is balanced probably makes it far less intimidating to get into. Both games would benefit greatly by having half as many levels, but this is especially true for TxK.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Didn't realize this was out! Gotta go pick it up.

I'm assuming super tight controls and 60fps?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
...and the leaderboards finally decided to update themselves. Now to focus on Pure and Survival.

iTJem358KlrhO.jpg

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
This looks like a pretty neat game. I'll have to check it out. To be honest I haven't really touched my Vita in a while. I bought too many RPGs and not much of anything else..

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This looks like a pretty neat game. I'll have to check it out. To be honest I haven't really touched my Vita in a while. I bought too many RPGs and not much of anything else..

The game is well worth the money, I'm still chasing NeoTurfmaster's score. So close!