MV-1C NeoBiosMasta Install Issue

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I have been sent a MV-1C mobo which has had the NeoBiosMasta installed, but whoever installed it appears to have lifted the pad off the board for pin 10 of the bios so the CE wire has nothing to be soldered to.

I think it is going to be best now to remove the old bios completely but can someone give me some pointers as to any where else on the board I can connect the CE wire.

Cheers.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
There should be a trace going to that pad, try scraping off a bit of the coating over the trace and solder to it if you can.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Just found out that the guy I got this from had posted about this when the problem occured over a year ago...

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=226621&page=2

And it looks like James had replied to him about it, but not sure I am too excited about soledering onto Pin 7 of GA1. I will look at the trace when I have some better light tomorrow but does anyone know of anywhere else...?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Another trick is to put solder in the via and use 30awg kynar wire.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Also, if he can wait he can use shadowkn55's solderless VMC since he won't need that connection. I mean it's been over a year since I told him that so I guess he can wait.

MarcMarc

n00b
Also, if he can wait he can use shadowkn55's solderless VMC since he won't need that connection. I mean it's been over a year since I told him that so I guess he can wait.

Hello Everyone,

I've had the issue described here with my MV-1C (pin10 of the Bios socket was destroyed).
For the sake of contributing to the community using the Pin7 of the GA1 chip worked great for me. Thanks a lot XianXi for mentioning it on the other forum (it has saved my board).

Here are some pictures of what I did:
IMG_2877-2.jpg
IMG_1654-2.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For future reference, Pin 10 /CE goes to Pin 7(DCR) and Pin 12 /OE goes to Pin 9(DCR).