what

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This must be the Sega system 18 PCB version... :tickled: (I'd buy that, seriously)

I like the sig though :lolz:

"Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?"

Strider is a cool dude btw. He probably just looked at ebay for the current going price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELIMINATE-D...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

One actually sold for $530 + $15 shipping last month. Fuck those retarded buyers, seriously.

Awesome game though.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Can't believe the game fetches that much money.

On a somewhat related note, when strider77 PMs me about buying something, I promptly ignore.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Do you mean he got this from you? Oh man...

This happened to me so many times. Some retard on shmups tried to flip a game on me for twice the price. He totally forgot that I actually was the one who sold it to him in the first place. Wait, maybe he actually did remember but he couldn't care less.

The dude PM'ed me later to buy something from me, asking for high rez pic and whatnot... Yeah right...

Greed is killing this world. I've always refused to deal with KPJ because of this shit but at least this dude isn't hidding his greed. I wish I could avoid everyone like him.

20 Year Member
It wasn't mine, I was just shocked by the price. The last time I payed attention to this game, a complete copy was less than $200.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Candy Bars have gone from $0.45 to $1.29 in my lifetime, life's a bitch.

20 Year Member
$0.45 to $1.29 in 16 years is somewhat understandable

$150 to $500 in 5 years...

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
this particular title has been skyrocketing lately.

that being said- its a forum sale and he wants ebay money for it.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Pfft, it's not even for Super Nintendo.

Guys always struck me as kinda odd. Had a weird deal with him way back.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
You can get a repro for $15 on ebay Kiddo :)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You can get a repro for $15 on ebay Kiddo :)

atavyny7.jpg

:whistle:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've dealt with Strider77 before (I've actually met him too). He seems alright. I can't really speak as to what level of integrity the guy has as a whole either, but as for his sale and asking price....Big fucking deal.

This is what the market dictates sadly. Good luck finding it for much less than that these days. What does Japanese seller BIN's go for now $700? Not everyone buys into the idea of bending over backwards for a an imaginary community just because it's the noble way.

However, if you're going to do it up real greedy,and you care about what the "community" thinks..do it elsewhere. Be another faceless asshole on ebay.

EDIT: Also fuck owning a repro of Eliminate Down. I'd rather own a straight up bootleg that looked like the MD cart.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Personally, I went with a Mega Everdrive. Best Genesis purchase I've ever made.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It was a friend hookup lol.

Yeah, I'm not trying to be nasty. I just have a negative attitude toward repros. I can understand the enthusiasm over the English Translated role playing games (which is a genre I hardly dabble in), but the idea of owning any repro outside of that realm doesn't bode well with me.

Some of the games getting repro'd now boggle my mind. Genesis repro titles for games that have zero text, had no region protection, and cost just a few dollars less than the real thing (i.e. Verytex).

At that point...who are they reproing these games for? Importaphobes? I get some people are completionists, and if they have a wall of Genesis spines they might not want a bunch of kanji spine sore thumbs sticking out. But at that point, just accept the reality of what is and what isn't. Just collect US Genesis, or accept the fact some titles were Japan only and collect those too. Or don't! I guess I don't like this video game revisionist stuff...

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Same reason for any conversions. Collectors want English insert and label.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Man 16-bit stuff is hot right now. Part of me says now is a good time to sell everything and cash in on the bubble, but I know I'd never forgive myself.