Robocop remake (2014 movie)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If you had stopped typing before that, I would have honored your wishes. But I don't like being told what to do, so I'm going to watch it in theaters when it comes out in like two weeks here. Purely out of spite. Man, I don't think I've ever watched a movie purely out of spite. But here we are.
Your brains must be leaking. "Please" denotes asking not telling. Telling was in the other post. But you go ahead and watch it. I usually don't wish harm on people, but I hope it rains on the day you go to the movie and your socks get wet.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Kid you better pox me with a better curse because it's rained twice in the past six months.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Kid you better pox me with a better curse because it's rained twice in the past six months.
Life has its little ups and downs but just wait until you try to enjoy a movie with soggy stockings. Just try to get lost in the story then. Cannot be done. I don't care what movie snacks you have. Then you'll be wishing I'd poxed you with a less good curse.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Saw it last week, I thought it was more of a reboot than anything. Same core, different execution. It was alright for what it's worth.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Sorry to bump this. I watched this 2 days ago.

To my surprise, I liked it a lot. Had it been R rated, I think it would have been perfect. Not as in a 10/10 movie or a perfect reboot, it's just that it was my only complaint. I thought the story and screenplay were convincing and the actors were mostly great. If it was more violent, I would put it next to the new Dredd movie.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Sorry to bump this. I watched this 2 days ago.

To my surprise, I liked it a lot. Had it been R rated, I think it would have been perfect. Not as in a 10/10 movie or a perfect reboot, it's just that it was my only complaint. I thought the story and screenplay were convincing and the actors were mostly great. If it was more violent, I would put it next to the new Dredd movie.

+1. A memorable remake with good actors. I especially liked the visual details as well as the cyborg-related explanations that were given.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I've gotta check this out. Is it still in redbox?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
compared to the original, it's complete crap.
still a fun watch if you've got time to kill.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Guess I'll just stick to the original then. Bitches leave...

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
The Blu Ray had been $5.99 on Amazon for a couple of weeks and I was tempted to pick it up. For the price, I figured it might be worth it, but most of the reviews I've read seem to make it sound rather, if not outright bad, unmemorable. Wasn't sure if it was worth it, even at that price.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Reminded me of the Rollerball remake.

Took the premise, but left out all the subtext that set it apart from other action/sci fi movies.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The Blu Ray had been $5.99 on Amazon for a couple of weeks and I was tempted to pick it up. For the price, I figured it might be worth it, but most of the reviews I've read seem to make it sound rather, if not outright bad, unmemorable. Wasn't sure if it was worth it, even at that price.

Unmemorable is a great way to describe it.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
compared to the original, it's complete crap.
still a fun watch if you've got time to kill.

PERFECT summation.

It misses the point entirely. But it's surprisingly fun if you don't mind that.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I thought it was worth watching.
You now what 80's movie needs a reboot? Alien Nation

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Word. Pretty much all the movies I watch nowadays are foreign in origin. At least those are stuff I've never seen before.