Samurai Spirits Zero Special Final Edition

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
"This game is an upgraded version of the game titled Samurai Shodown V, and is the last official game for the Neo Geo platform. A further upgraded version of the game, Samurai Shodown V Special: Final Edition, was location tested, but never officially released."

from wikipedia

IS THAT TRUE???

:conf:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Does final edition mean that the desperation moves are actually combo-able, or can connect against someone who isn't mentally handicapped?

Because SSVS didn't have a good system for connecting those desperations. As if they were tacked on at the end as an afterthought.

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
are there any better ways to play a proto? maybe buying a bootleg cart from some western bootleg maker ;) multi carts are not legit too, and are well accepted here. well anyway, actually... I talked about an emulator, not teh romz ;)
Are you talking about roms on this site?

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
please post them if it isn't too much of a hassle;) we all would love to see the game
Wrong, this game was in fact location tested in Japan and there are photos of it. In fact, I may have them on my PC at home. I'm sure others here do.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Uh oh. It's another proto. Better watch out for another Le Cortex release from NCI. XD

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Wrong, this game was in fact location tested in Japan and there are photos of it. In fact, I may have them on my PC at home. I'm sure others here do.

Indeed I have 'em at hand, but as a matter of fact it has never been proved it wasn't the case of a mere hack, some of the likes I've seen more than once in JPN arcades. ^^

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i still call bullshit lie in the face of overwhelming evidence

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I think this game just became Samurai Spirits 6.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I'm pretty sure that Garou: MotW Special really existed. Those two screenshots weren't just faked mockups, right?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Until Le Cortex makes it out of those two screenshots.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Until Le Cortex makes it out of those two screenshots.
I can see it now...Ryo's KOF sprite haphazardly pasted into MotW, with a crayon doodle recreation of the island stage. The other stages are poorly resized backgrounds from old, obscure fighters like Kaiser Knuckle they think people won't have seen.

Totally worth 400 euros.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Would be cool if there was a video or a rundown of the changes

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I suppose it could have just been a hack, but one interesting curiosity is that the location test appears to have been conducted at the same place as the Dance Rhyth Mix game. The series of pictures of the two games are eerily similar.

Either way, it's not like we really need or would care much for a third version of the same game.