3DS - Sega 3D Classics Series

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Super Mario World in 3D would be the greatest gift Nintendo could give us.

You're not wrong, but think of 3D Super Metroid, ALTTP, and the list of SNES gems goes on.. But I would kill for a 3D F-Zero. Especially if it were a 3D redux of F-Zero X, like OOT 3D and Starfox 64 3D.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
But I would kill for a 3D F-Zero. Especially if it were a 3D redux of F-Zero X, like OOT 3D and Starfox 64 3D.

Hell yeah. I think any classic Nintendo game that already had a pseudo-3D thing going for itself is ripe for remaking.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Hot damn, they went all out with the options on it. They have the US upright, "Light up 2" and the deluxe "Double Cradle". I guess the others are overseas versions of the game.

YAAAAAAAASSS

thank you!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Afterburner II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! Yes!!!!

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
gonna have to pick up harrier, be nice to see and outrun/turbo outrun combo

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Maaaaan, this one is AWESOME. They really are going all out with the options on every release, the more of these I pick up, the more I wish so badly for Nintendo to give this treatment to its old SNES games. Also, I can't WAIT for them to drop Streets of Rage.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Ecco and Galaxy Force are up now on the EShop. Holy shit, there's a lot of options on Galaxy Force, even an option to use the Circle Pad Pro to control the throttle. The only thing that sucks is you have to use the really small 4:3 option for the full moving deluxe cab. But since the full deluxe cab goes 360 they have two wallpaper options. One's a generic space background...the other is an arcade and in the background they have Space Harrier, Super Hang On, Afterburner II and oh yes...a super deluxe version of OutRun!! I haven't played the game in years so I'm really rusty, it feels a lot like After Burner II in space with a lot of tight turns when you have to fly into the enemy bases.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Ecco and Galaxy Force are up now on the EShop. Holy shit, there's a lot of options on Galaxy Force, even an option to use the Circle Pad Pro to control the throttle. The only thing that sucks is you have to use the really small 4:3 option for the full moving deluxe cab. But since the full deluxe cab goes 360 they have two wallpaper options. One's a generic space background...the other is an arcade and in the background they have Space Harrier, Super Hang On, Afterburner II and oh yes...a super deluxe version of OutRun!! I haven't played the game in years so I'm really rusty, it feels a lot like After Burner II in space with a lot of tight turns when you have to fly into the enemy bases.

I've played this already too. Soo good. My skills are very rusty as well with this one haha.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I fail to see the point in these, the games have already been released many times over. In many different forums, collections, eshops, etc. I guess adding 3D is SOMETHING, but... I own a 2DS so thats about as pointless a feature as I could ever want/need.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I fail to see the point in these, the games have already been released many times over. In many different forums, collections, eshops, etc. I guess adding 3D is SOMETHING, but... I own a 2DS so thats about as pointless a feature as I could ever want/need.

My opinion is that the 3D effect really is something else man. I particularly love it for the arcade shooters. The framerate on these is great as well.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I haven't played in a Galaxy Force II Deluxe cabinet since they took it off the Steel Pier in Atlantic City back in 1989. The cockpit cabinet actually had an attendant that made sure the game didn't send some poor kid flying.

The 3D is done perfectly, emulation is on par with the other arcade perfect ports, but the feeling of being back there in that seat again is something that I thought I'd never replicate.

I can't wait for the Outrun release.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I haven't played in a Galaxy Force II Deluxe cabinet since they took it off the Steel Pier in Atlantic City back in 1989.

I wish they had even 1 or 2 proper arcade games in that little alley over there - it's all skill claws now...

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Even though I have saturn & PS2 version of Galaxy Force II, but 3DS port is still awesome!!! If sega can release 3D golden Axe II revenge of death adder.............

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Got 3-D sonic it's pretty rad with the special mode. The speed and 3-D graphics combined make your brain go into hyper drive. I wanna pick up Ecco and Space Harrier.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I wish they had even 1 or 2 proper arcade games in that little alley over there - it's all skill claws now...

When I went there this year, it seems that the arcade area seemed to have vanished with claw games in the main hallway. It's a sad sight. This was the place where I played a lot of great cockpit games. Chase H.Q., S.C.I., Outrunners, Lucky N Wild, Vitrual On were all played there before they pulled out the arcade.

I would love to help restore a full functioning Galaxy Force II for ACAM at Funspot. That is the only place that I know of that has a majority of the Sega Deluxe Cockpit games.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
ok gotta admit.. Galaxy Force II is fucking awesome.. Along with the fact it also supports the Circle Pad Pro is a 100% win for me.

Last edited:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
No release date or anything but this comes straight from the Sega Japan website :

btn_main11.jpg

:buttrock:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
http://archives.sega.jp/3d/outrun/

Saw this on Twitter this morning as Sega updated the Outrun portion of the site. More is listed with the games options including two (new?) songs being added into the game. Wish Sega of America would announce if Afterburner II, Outrun and Fantasy Zone are coming stateside.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
So has there been any official news on when and if these new batch of classics will be released outside of Japan? I've been seeing photos on Twitter of friends in Japan with 3D Outrun being played on their 3DS's so I know they released them. I hope it's not going to be a 6 month plus wait to get them.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
So has there been any official news on when and if these new batch of classics will be released outside of Japan? I've been seeing photos on Twitter of friends in Japan with 3D Outrun being played on their 3DS's so I know they released them. I hope it's not going to be a 6 month plus wait to get them.

I'm hoping it will be soon. Outrun is one of the games I have looked forward to the most out of this series.