3DS - Sega 3D Classics Series

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I got Space Harrier (again, I seem to buy it on everything :P) and as already said, its the arcade version, and a really great job at that... which now has me crazy pumped for Galaxy Force 2... I played the ultra deluxe moon lander arcade once and it remains one of the most memorable arcade experiences I've had. Hell GF2 still looks cool to me after all these years and poleegonz

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
I downloaded the Space Harrier port a few days ago, and promptly played it for a good few hours. Great presentation, you can tell M2 really put some top level efforts into it. Aside from an actual cab, the only version of Space Harrier I've enjoyed this much is the Saturn port with the analog flight stick controller. The circle pad gets the job done nicely. Totally recommended!

Now I just have to wait for Outrun...

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Sonic the Hedgehog and Altered Beast came out today in NA. Playing Sonic is an absolute thrill with the 3D effect on, I love it so much. I also have a lot of nostalgia playing all sorts of beat-em-ups in the arcades back in the 90s, so I also purchased Altered Beast. I will probably end up supporting all the Sega 3D classics, these are so well done.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Kirby is easily my favorite 3D classic with Space Harrier right behind. I always hated Altered Beast but I will pick up Sonic today since it's such a classic. Still waiting for that Outrun to take my money.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I don't think outrun is on 3D list...............am I wrong?

I believe the only games on the list are as follows:

Next wk:
Ecco The Dolphin
Galaxy Force II (arcade version hopefully!)

Week after:
Shinobi III
Streets of Rage

Edit: I think there is speculation about a second set coming out. I don't believe any titles have been announced specifically.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Galaxy Force II is the arcade version. Thank god because the port was horrible. My friend and I did video reviews of Hang On and Space Harrier and one of the comments I got was, "has sega even marketed these????" so it's kinda funny people are hearing it from us and not from Sega. Even though they have interviews on their site I guess people just look on YouTube for everything now. I'll do GFII when it drops next week. I haven't played that game in a VERY long time and it'll be nice to have an arcade quality port then the shitty Genesis port.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Galaxy Force II is the arcade version. Thank god because the port was horrible. My friend and I did video reviews of Hang On and Space Harrier and one of the comments I got was, "has sega even marketed these????" so it's kinda funny people are hearing it from us and not from Sega. Even though they have interviews on their site I guess people just look on YouTube for everything now. I'll do GFII when it drops next week. I haven't played that game in a VERY long time and it'll be nice to have an arcade quality port then the shitty Genesis port.

Saturn & PS2 ports are arcade-perfect as well.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Picked up Space Harrier, Sonic and Altered Beast today. I'm SUPER impressed with each of em. They're all a blast to play in 3D! Which 3D do you guys find is preferrable, pop out, or deep in? (the options from the touch screen) I can't wait for Ecco and Streets of Rage!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Sonic 2 will be awesome. Probably my 2nd favorite platformer of all time (after Super Mario World, of course)

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Galaxy Force II is the arcade version. Thank god because the port was horrible.

SWEET. I am stoked to hear Outrun and Sonic 2 are coming as well. As a side note, I also downloaded Xevious and Twinbee 3D classics and those were excellent as well. I didn't even know they existed until I went to go buy the Sega ones.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I would seriously love to see a fully remastered Super Mario 64 on the 3DS.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I would seriously love to see a fully remastered Super Mario 64 on the 3DS.

I agree...and it would play really well with the circle-pad. The N64 ports Nintendo has already released on the 3DS (Zelda OoT and Starfox 64) are awesome.

There could be so many N64 games that would work well on the 3DS...
- Waverace 64
- Killer Instinct Gold (guess that might now happen ever...?)
- F-Zero X
- Blast Corps
- 1080 Snowboarding

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Reading this makes me think I should shell out for Space Harrier again... :rolleyes:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Yeh baby !

Space harrier is a total blast , Sonic is awesome in 3D and the graphics are super sharp, Super Hang On is nice but suffers a bit from over sensitive controls and I don't know why I bought fucking Altered Beast as I hated it before on any format .

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Yeh baby !

Space harrier is a total blast , Sonic is awesome in 3D and the graphics are super sharp, Super Hang On is nice but suffers a bit from over sensitive controls and I don't know why I bought fucking Altered Beast as I hated it before on any format .

Is there a widescreen mode for Sonic? or is locked in a 4:3 aspect ratio?

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
It's 4:3 either in 3D or 2D classic which simulates the curve of an old crt screen and introduces a slight blur effect .

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Super Mario World in 3D would be the greatest gift Nintendo could give us. I could have sworn I heard Outrun and Afterburner were coming to the 3D classics but maybe I heard wrong.

I gave up on my Space Harrier challenge. There is just no way to beat it at full speed and full difficulty. I pretty much have the stages memorized but it doesn't help at all. Maybe I can start doing meth or something to crank me up and then try it.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
I hope there will be an Outrun port but as Sega lost the Ferrari licence in 2011 when they even had to take the Outrun Online Arcade XBLA and PSN versions down the chance is very slim .

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I hope there will be an Outrun port but as Sega lost the Ferrari licence in 2011 when they even had to take the Outrun Online Arcade XBLA and PSN versions down the chance is very slim .

I believe only the sequel uses the licensed Ferrari brand. On the first game is "supposedly" a car that resembles a certain Ferrari..

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
The first game is indeed a Ferrari Testarosa. Even the steering wheel has the black horse on it. (If somebody didn't rip it off like pretty much all I've seen) I know in a lot of the home ports they took the horse off the back of the car with a generic logo to not infringe on copyright. Retro Gamer did a whole thing about it, sadly I think the whole article was written by our good friend Stu so look for a lot of bullshit.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Aw Space Harrier, I spent a good portion of my Shenmue gameplay on this game.