3DS - Sega 3D Classics Series

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Love how they emulate the actual arcade cabs. It's been over 20 years since I played a real Galaxy Force II. Also glad their using the arcade versions and not the ports. They really need to get Afterburner and the classic racers, Outrun, Outrunners, Rad Mobile and Power Drift. I also want Streets of Rage 2 and not the generic feeling first one.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I would love to see some sega games in 3D. The visuals would not change much, but I know the scaling, backgrounds, and such would look fantastic with some added depth. Sonic, Rocket Knight Adventures, and maybe some shinobi II

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Do we know what version Space Harrier we are getting yet? If it's Sega Master System original Space Harrier that would be kind of lame. I am hoping for Space Harrier 3D on the Sega Master System, not the original. That game was great.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
If they are emulating the actual cabs then hopefully it will be a port of the arcade version of Space Harrier.

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm really glad they're bringing out Space Harrier as I had been imagining how fun it'd be to play with the circle pad!

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I might get Space Harrier and Galaxy Force 2. No interest in others, we need Outrun (or Outrunners), Enduro Racer and Power Drift.

$6 is rather steep, maybe $4, or wait for a sale.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Got space harrier. Arcade perfect!!!!!!!

Oh my! This game is not only the arcade but it's running at 60fps with the 3-D on. This is waaaaayyyyy worth 6 bucks guy. Wow, and to think that during the Master System era this is what they wanted to aspire to. Buy this game, I can't wait for Outrun.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Space Harrier is the best portable game. Played the shit out of it on both the Game Gear and Turbo Express, and this probably shits on those ports.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I got both Super Hang On and Space Harrier today. Space Harrier of course benefits from the 3-D effect much more. It really is something. It's as if it were made for the 3DS! Completely worth the purchase. I am definitely looking forward to more of these Sega classics to come out too.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Oh my! This game is not only the arcade but it's running at 60fps with the 3-D on. This is waaaaayyyyy worth 6 bucks guy. Wow, and to think that during the Master System era this is what they wanted to aspire to. Buy this game, I can't wait for Outrun.

Pretty much this in a nutshell. If they release more classic arcade titles like this then I'm buying em all.

Where are after burner & outrun?

Next month. They're bringing out two new Sega Classics each month.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

How is Super Hang On? Never played the game back in the day and was on the fence about downloading it.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Going to download Space Harrier tonight, one of the 3 MUST PLAY games when I go to FunSpot. (The others are the Deluxe OutRun and After Burner..which needs a new flight yoke) I really hope they can release Afterburner II and OutRun and maybe Rad Mobile. I want to pick up Galaxy Force II but it's missing the immersion when you're in the giant 360 cab.

Ukee

Geese's Thug
I am so excited about Space Harrier and I am really keeping my fingers crossed that I will eventually get a port of Fantasy Zone for the 3DS. Those 2 games I have been wanting to see the most on the 3DS ever since I played the Kid Icarus 3D remake.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
just picked up space harrier.

2 hysterical options are: the moving cab and the 'arcade noises'. sounds of button mashing jammed into the soundtrack. just fantastic.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Super Hang On looks like a port of the Genesis version, not the arcade. Is this true?

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
Sega/M2 is already working on a 2nd set of 3D Classics for Japan. A US release will depend on how well the 1st set of games do overseas. There's also a really in-depth interview about Space Harrier in the Sega blog. It covers all of M2's ports (PS2, Wii, and 3DS). M2's attention to detail is astounding! They also sort of hint at wanting to do Thunder Blade next so I wouldn't be surprised if that is announced in the 2nd set of releases.

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/11/25/sega-3d-classics-space-harrier-3d-interview-with-developer-m2/

They also have a Super Hang-On interview I haven't checked out yet: http://blogs.sega.com/2013/11/27/sega-3d-classics-–-3d-super-hang-on-interview-with-developer-m2/

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I would love some thunder blade, the graphics are real busy though so I'm not sure how well it would translate.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I dont find Super Hang On slow. Are you sure you're shifting gears and pressing turbo?
great releases. Roll on Out Run.

Pope Sazae

Finally beat Space Harrier with speed turned up to full stars, default difficulty. Holy fuck that was hard even with the stages memorized, it was like playing the game after doing some Breaking Bad Blue Sky. Now I just need to beat it that way on full difficulty next.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Damn, that's nuts. I can get to stage 8 or something.