3DS - Sega 3D Classics Series

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thunder Blade on the 3ds is a lot of fun, I love it - but I never played the original so I can't on the accuracy of the port

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Thunder Blade on the 3ds is a lot of fun, I love it - but I never played the original so I can't on the accuracy of the port

Same here actually. I'm also wondering how this game was on the Genesis - this was originally arcade, right?

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'd love to see a Fire Emblem cross Shining Force game on the 3DS, that would be incredible

Conker73

n00b
Same here actually. I'm also wondering how this game was on the Genesis - this was originally arcade, right?

I haven't played it on Genesis - but I spend a lot of time playing the arcade when I was young - and the new 3DS version is spot on! :)

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
OMG! Outrun

Just downloaded it and it plays amazing! Any other recomendations people?

davidevoid

n00b
I have all of them (aside from Ecco and Altered Beast)...

After Burner II - great game but can feel a little repetitive and dizzying (8/10)
Fantasy Zone - great game but is trumped by the sequel (7.5/10)
Fantasy Zone II W- seriously incredible game (9/10)
Galaxy Force II - can't get fully into this one for some reason although technically it's a masterpiece (7/10)
Outrun - great port of a very fun game (8.5/10)
Shinobi III - cool game with some very nice 3D but not much in the way of extras (7.5/10)
Sonic - not the best Sonic game and not many extras, 3D isn't mind or eye-blowing! (7/10)
Space Harrier - first of the series and it shows in the interface etc, still great (7/10)
Streets of Rage - love the game and the soundtrack, some great 3D, sad that to play multiplayer it is a 'multicart' game. (7.5/10)
Super Hang-On - up there with Outrun in my opinion (8/10)
Thunder Blade - not feeling it at the moment, sorry! (6/10)

Next installment is Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2. Shame there's no new arcade ports on the way.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
3d classics are on sale until 7/2. Gonna pick all of these up. Credit to CheapassGamer.com

3D Altered Beast - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2
3D Ecco the Dolphin - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2
3D Galaxy Force II - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2
3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2
3D Sonic The Hedgehog - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2
3D Space Harrier - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2
3D Streets of Rage - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2
3D Super Hang-On - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/2

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I took advantage of that same to pick up almost all of the 3D titles that I didn't already have. I think the only one I skipped was Ecco. That game is great in theory but not that fun when I sit down to play it.

I was a little bit disappointed that Altered Beast is the Genesis port and not the arcade version. I just assumed it was the latter, which was why I bought it. There are some emulation-related imperfections in Sonic The Hedgehog, but they're minor enough that they don't bother me. Space Harrier really benefits from the 3D effect. I understand that Galaxy Force II is amazing with the 3D effect but I haven't had a chance to fire it up yet. Honestly, I picked up SoR and Shinobi III just because $3 is a good deal for the games whether they are 3D enhanced or not.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Does anybody else find that the analog controls in the Sega 3D Classics are a bit weird? Especially Super Hang On and Out Run. It's like they have a humongous deadzone, and then they zip to full turning, and then you can back it off a bit to get the fine turning. At least the d-pad controls are good. (Stupid Genesis Super Hang On d-pad controls, so glad this port is better.)

I'm playing on my brand new New 3DS XL.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Nice sale prices! Space Harrier and Sonic will be must buy for me. Gotta figure out the eshoop though.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
OK, someone else said the downloaded gunstar heroes. I couldn't find it. It's not really out is it?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Outrun is insane in 3-D!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Outrun is insane in 3-D!

Yup. Although I think that Fantasy Zone 2 is the best overall game so far out of the 3D classics, Galaxy Force II and OutRun are the two games that benefit most from the 3D.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
In other Sega 3D Classics news, SOR II to launch in NA on July 16!

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Same here. This series is easily the best thing on the platform.