3DS - Sega 3D Classics Series

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Supposedly the Sega 3D Classic Series will be released in the US at some point in future time.

3D Altered Beast
3D Ecco the Dolphin
3D Galaxy Force II
3D Shinobi III
3D Sonic The Hedgehog
3D Space Harrier
3D Streets of Rage
3D Super Hang-On

yay.

I dunno about europe though....sorry German Doctor Shroom.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
F streets of rage 1, should be 2. I am down for Space Harrier and Super Hang On.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Shinobi III :buttrock:

Now I want Revenge of Shinobi and Shadow Dancer. They should also release Shinobi II GG and Alex Kidd in Shinobi World while they're at it :D

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've been waiting a year or so for Space Harrier to come out on the 3DS. Ever since they announced it in Japan, in fact. I just hope it's at least a 32x port or higher (arcade would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up), and not Space Harrier II or Space Harrier/Space Harrier 3D for the SMS.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've been waiting a year or so for Space Harrier to come out on the 3DS. Ever since they announced it in Japan, in fact. I just hope it's at least a 32x port or higher (arcade would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up), and not Space Harrier II or Space Harrier/Space Harrier 3D for the SMS.

I'd take Space Harrier II over the first one any day, yea the scaling sucks balls. But it has better music and enemy design. Besides how many times have you seen Space Harrier ported to everything with a processor?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Depending on price, I may get all these...

...except Ecco the Dolphin - I have no interest in playing that game.

Also, where is Afterburner???

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Just might buy a 3DS, been holding off for a while, do they have any plans on a new 3ds?

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'd use club coins on these gladly.

But I'm not buying at $6 a pop.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Supposedly the Sega 3D Classic Series will be released in the US at some point in future time.

3D Altered Beast
3D Ecco the Dolphin
3D Galaxy Force II
3D Shinobi III
3D Sonic The Hedgehog
3D Space Harrier
3D Streets of Rage
3D Super Hang-On

yay.

I dunno about europe though....sorry German Doctor Shroom.

Don't give a shit anyway, all games we've played a thousand times before except now in THREEEE DEEEE? Who the fuck wants to play Altered Beast again? Silly Sega should bring that hatsune miku game for 3DS to the west instead.
Also enjoy the shitty Mega Drive version of Galaxy Force 2.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Some of these look like they could be interesting. Space Harrier, Sonic, and Streets of Rage especially. But why Altered Beast? I can't think of a single game that has aged worse than that one, I've got Colecovision games coming across better than that shitty game. What about a Phantasy Star, Golden Axe, or Out Run?

Also fuck Ecco the Dolphin, one of the worst games I have ever played.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
What is it with these Sega Classics games that come out but never have Revenge of Shinobi as part of the collection? It's a travesty as it's one of my favourite's.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Don't give a shit anyway, all games we've played a thousand times before except now in THREEEE DEEEE? Who the fuck wants to play Altered Beast again? Silly Sega should bring that hatsune miku game for 3DS to the west instead.
Also enjoy the shitty Mega Drive version of Galaxy Force 2.

I dunno, I enjoy the 3D classics NES series...except for maybe Urban Champion...

Not the best list of sega games, I agree...but I think these will still hold up well:

3D Shinobi III
3D Sonic The Hedgehog
3D Space Harrier
3D Streets of Rage

Never played Galaxy Force 2, but sad to hear it is crappy.

Also, what's a "Mega Drive"??? :p

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I dunno, I enjoy the 3D classics NES series...except for maybe Urban Champion...

Not the best list of sega games, I agree...but I think these will still hold up well:

3D Shinobi III
3D Sonic The Hedgehog
3D Space Harrier
3D Streets of Rage

Never played Galaxy Force 2, but sad to hear it is crappy.

Also, what's a "Mega Drive"??? :p

The arcade version of Galaxy Force 2 is a pretty fun game, typical "super-scaler" like Space Harrier or Afterburner.
You bought all these games before, why bother buying them yet again? Because of the 3D (which I personally never use) ? You can play these games on almost everything, shitload of compilations out there.

Mega Drive is the atheist version of your bible-belt friendly "Genesis".

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Sega finally announced a release schedule for the 3D classics.

28th November:

3D Space Harrier
3D Super Hang-On

5th December:

3D Sonic the Hedgehog
3D Altered Beast

12th December:

3D Ecco The Dolphin
3D Galaxy Force II

19th December:

3D Shinobi III
3D Streets of Rage

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I feel like Space Harrier and Super Hang on will be cool in 3-D... not sure about the others. Excpet maybe Galaxy Force II... although wasn't the Genesis port (if that's what they are using) of that game pretty bad?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Why no Afterburner and/or Outrun?

Also, $6 is too much...should be $2.50 each...

:cool:

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
I feel like Space Harrier and Super Hang on will be cool in 3-D... not sure about the others. Excpet maybe Galaxy Force II... although wasn't the Genesis port (if that's what they are using) of that game pretty bad?

I believe Galaxy Force II, Super Hang-On, and Space Harrier uses the arcade version as a base. I'm not sure why they decided to use the Genesis version for Altered Beast though...

Galaxy Force II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtCJgY1DwRg
Super Hang-On: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndw193NpLWo
Space Harrier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvaJ6jPyI8A