Mega Man Unlimited released!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Damn I thought this was an official release. Oh well it still looks pretty good. I'll give it a shot.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Just downloaded. I never thought this game would come out.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I downloaded it this morning and even for a Mega Man game, it is difficult. The stages are long (I haven't even gotten to one Robot Master yet, the furthest I made progress on was on the Yo-Yo Man and Comet Woman stages), and is it just me or are there too many spikes in the game?

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I hope it's fucking hard.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
So far it's pretty challenging and very well made with a good sound track. I'm impressed. Capcom should take note of someone else doing a better job with the 25th anniversary then they are.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
If only someone would do this with Final Fantasy

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Fuck...if only I wasn't stuck with Linux...damn it!

Jon

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Thanks for the info and link. Can't wait to try it out later today.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
How has this not been c&d'd yet. Not that I want it to happen, but it usually does...

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
Well this game certainly doesn't fuck around with the difficulty.

The levels certainly seem longer then your average mega man stage but they have some clever design and uniqueness to them. Most of the enemies are original and not ripped from other mega man titles.

Even though I haven't gotten very far into it, I'd say it's a solid mega man game through and through.

I like it.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Now that I've tried the game and tried attacking each stage multiple times, I can safely say that this is among the best of the classic MM entries. The difficulty is high, but it's due to clever level and enemy design/placement, all the while, never feeling cheap. I like the 'test screens' that demonstrate the use of a newly introduced element (like the momentum bars, the reverse conveyer belts, or the lasers/mirrors), and subtleties like areas to force a slide, reminding you that you'll need to keep a finger on the slide button ahead. The cleverness of the design reminds me of the opener, the highway stage, from MMX.
The sprites are clean, the controls are tight, and for the first time in ages, my left thumb is sore :D I'm going to plug away it the game some more tomorrow and try to make it to Jet Man (the farthest I've gotten in a stage so far) and post back with Robot Master details if I can.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I have it running in Wine using a bottler. You have to install their Visual Studio patch.
Just, with no sound.
I haven't had enough time to play around and find a sound setting that works for the game yet.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm so close to Glueman but that third miniboss is being a dick.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm so close to Glueman but that third miniboss is being a dick.

Having the exact same problem. the only solution I can think of is to hide under the platform blocks and use the rush coil on the left between its bomb launches; I need to work on my buster accuracy for this to work though :/

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Having the exact same problem. the only solution I can think of is to hide under the platform blocks and use the rush coil on the left between its bomb launches; I need to work on my buster accuracy for this to work though :/

My strategy has been lure the bomb launch to the top block and shoot while falling to the lower block but I keep screwing up and getting hit and knocked off the block to my doom. I'm gonna try your idea.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Safe to say it is better than Mega man vs Sf (or whatever it was called)?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Oh god yes.

I dunno about anyone else, but I feel like a kid again. The magic is back!