Mega Man Unlimited released!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
:up: Some of these sound wack. EZ MODE perhaps?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Well version 1.2.0 came out yesterday and it has some pretty cool upgrades. First off it has an entirely new Boss and stage. Meet Whirlpool Man. The stage so far is pretty damn fun and has a great soundtrack. I have not made it to said boss yet so update on that as we get there. next up in the Endless Attack Mode. the same idea as EAM from MM9 and 10 it has tons of new levels. Way more rooms than MM9 or 10 and a catchy sound track. I even ran into Wily castle stage 2 redone from MM1. We also get Boss Attack Mode which is awesome. Just as it sounds it throws you up against boss after boss in random order with all special weapons available. the game now features 3 difficulties. Easy, Normal, And Insta-Kill which is exactly how it sounds. One touch from anything and you're dead. One more note. the last version of MMU save files are not compatible with V.1.2.0 but it's cool I'm looking forward to playing through again anyway. Anyone else play the new version yet? Thoughts?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Downloading now! Thanks for the heads up, man....I'd have never know this got updated.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
Waaay better than megaman 10 and Megaman vs Streetfighter. Capcom should support this game!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Niiiiice. I'll give the update a try.
I need to finish this game!

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Endless attack is so brutal and so, so sweet.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Anyone just starting out check the rest of the thread. Tons of helpful tips are abound!.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Things I've learned about Whirlpool man's stage.

1. The mini Boss in super Weak to Rainbow laser. Usually he is impervious to attack while he has his dome around the vulnerable part but if you shoot then explode a Rainbow Laser at any time near the glowing weak spot it will damage him no matter what.

2.Sea Horses and the Giant fish enemies are extremely vulnerable to Nail Shield. The only other weapon that even has any effect on the giant fish is Tri-Nitro Blast.

3. The swimming Metaurs are invincible on the way up and only are vulnerable on the way down after they fire. The two best ways to take them out are to wait for them to almost land and hit them with a buster shot or just simply Glue Their ass to the floor.

4. You con obtain only one E-Tank in the stage. To do this you must collect four E-tank pieces throughout the stage. All of them are in plain sight and easy to get except one of them. You will come to the third piece situated in the ceiling above a hole which transitions you to the next screen. Shoot the block supporting it with T. Arsenal and jump to grab the falling piece. If you don't it will fall down the hole and be lost.

More tips to come and boss weakness. I've found two branching paths so far through the stage I'm going to investigate more and report back.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Never lets ya down...MegaGuts with the MegaNews :)

Good info man, this stuff is going in the notes!

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
This is awesome! Too bad I suck ass at megaman games lol.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Some more stuff I've learned about Whirlpool Man's stage.

1. Jet Missile is your best friend. It easily destroys Swimming Mettaurs in 1 shot. Just charge up and on their way down let a locked missile go.

2. Yoku Attack is extremely useful. It can take out bomb barriers from any standing or jumping position with auto lock on. Also kills sea horses with 2 hits (same as Jet Missile).

3. Comet Dash is very helpful. it can make you temporarily immune to the forces of the whirlpool obstacles making it easier to reach items and areas otherwise not accessible. Just make sure you are outside the whirlpool before dashing. once inside the dash will not work.

4. Save your E-tank for the boss battle. Makes the boss fight much easier.

5. When given the option to continue on your present path or blow up the bomb barrier and taking the lower route go down. I find the lower route is slightly easier than the main route and cuts down some of the stage length.

6. Whirlpool Man is weak to Glue Shot. Whirlpool Man with fly around the room in a box pattern leaving behind a trail of sea mines wherever he goes. He will try to box you in. Glue shot clears the mines in one shot so make use of it to clear a hole and light him up with a few shots. once he boxes you in he will start sucking the mines towards himself detonating the mines and balls of energy will come flying at you. During this animation he will be invincible. After the mines are gone he will take a straight path and try to bulldoze you. Shoot him with the G. Shot and slide under him. With a little patience and perhaps that E-Tank you saved He will be scraped in no time.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Gwah, I missed days worth of updates and not playing this 0_0! Downloading now...thanks for keeping this going GD :D

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I'm not sure if I should use the Booster - if I have the Option to turn it off it's a bit like cheating turning it on ;)
as for the game- HOLY FUCK is this hard - the worst is: it's not unfair but just very Long and hard it seems on the first glance. (only tried yoyoman and tankman yet)

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm not sure if I should use the Booster - if I have the Option to turn it off it's a bit like cheating turning it on ;)
as for the game- HOLY FUCK is this hard - the worst is: it's not unfair but just very Long and hard it seems on the first glance. (only tried yoyoman and tankman yet)

It's totally legit in the difficulty arena. Look back in the thread if you want some tips and weaknesses there is lots of good stuff. I'm going to compile a weakness chart soon for all the bosses and Wily bosses. I love this damn game. Start with Nail Man his stage is the easiest and his weapon is invaluable throughout the game.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Only managed to bring down 2 bosses now (Nailman and Comet Woman) with the help of energy refreshers and some extra lives.
I have to say in my personal opinion the Comet Woman Level was much easier then the Nailman level, just because it doesn't drag on for ages - you can reach the first checkpoint there rather quick.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
thanks for the link, downloaded. Will try this out sometime this weekend! I'm guessing that because this is fan developed, it will never see an official release?

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
thanks for the link, downloaded. Will try this out sometime this weekend! I'm guessing that because this is fan developed, it will never see an official release?

Only because Capcom probably can't believe they did not make this game.