Anyone else have 337 update falures

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
lol... "rocket cable" should mean "how fast can Tommo get people send in there broken units".

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I discovered today that it's my mega pack SD card and not the console that is having issues with the update. I used a friends mega pack to update my neo geo x and it worked just fine. After the update my neo geo x does not recognize my mega pack, but it does recognize my friends, it also is able to see my ninja warrior SD card

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I discovered today that it's my mega pack SD card and not the console that is having issues with the update. I used a friends mega pack to update my neo geo x and it worked just fine. After the update my neo geo x does not recognize my mega pack, but it does recognize my friends, it also is able to see my ninja warrior SD card

Lolwut?

Let me see if I have this straight. You paid $80 for the pack and Tommo's daycare farmed Q/C employees apparently missed thousands of these bad sd cards in the packs? That's just priceless! Well, priceless at about 80usd I suppose, but funny enough.

Just saying here...I learned my lesson from being an early adopter of the system and did NOT waste my money on any of these overpriced crap boxes until having heard how broken they were. One wonders why no one else learned the same lesson and continues to believe that THIS TIME GUYZ! THIS TIME IT'LL BE DIFFERENT I SWEARZZ!!

Tommo laugh in your face, indeed.

Ganelon

n00b
I wonder if it's better if Tommo was actually clueless about these problems or if Tommo just feigned ignorance to force a recall of its pesky hacking-friendly 337 models. Did anyone get a "fixed" Neo Geo X back? If so, did anything change on the interior?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Guys, seriously now, quit handing this shitty company your money. What's with the Tommo loyalty? They've proven time and time again that they have no fucking clue what they're doing and you guys just keep pumping money into their pockets. I've been saying this shit from day one.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Yeah, you have, and we're getting rather tired of it.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Since this was gift from my g/f and not my own money, I'm not as pissed as i could be. But this will most likely be the last thing i purchase from them. Next time i will wait and see if what they release truly fixes all the issues, and if not then I'm not buying

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Oh gosh.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
For what its worth, I updated my 337 today with zero issue so while the update situation is terrible, it isn't a conspiracy to recall all 337s by bricking them.

The feel of the Rocket Cable (barf) is cheaper than the cheapest brand-free mall kiosk Android POS. When doing the update make sure you don't bump the system at all. Set it down, plug the cable in, and walk away.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
For what its worth, I updated my 337 today with zero issue so while the update situation is terrible, it isn't a conspiracy to recall all 337s by bricking them.

The feel of the Rocket Cable (barf) is cheaper than the cheapest brand-free mall kiosk Android POS. When doing the update make sure you don't bump the system at all. Set it down, plug the cable in, and walk away.

That's great news, hopefully the guys that made the ConvertX software get hold of an updated 337 model to figure out what changes were made. I don't plan on updating my 370 and losing my adapter, so I'll wait until everything gets figured out.

steeltekki

n00b

I have the same problem you mentioned earlier. Screen never comes up. I live in Canada and just finally got the mega pack after shipping from amazon US since no local retailers are carrying the cards (even the ones they said would be)
So frustrating

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I feel what your saying, The actual ownership and the ability to appreciate the physical carts is best, I try to do this with all systems i collect for, But im not about to spend £1500 on a aes cart when i can emulate it on an actual mvs machine exactly the same.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict

I also have a 337 and although I had to do the update twice it went through. So people stop with your stupid ass conspiracy theories.

Last edited:

shedberg

n00b
Finally got my 337 to update to 500, but now it won't recognize the Mega Pack SD card. It won't show the games, and when I access the save menu it says "Insert a card". Anyone know how to fix this issue?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Wow. That cable is so hack-able its hilarious.

Rather than being an end to hacking on NGX I think the Rocket Cable will end up being the gateway to it.

shedberg

n00b
Now my NGX won't boot up at all when in the dock with the Mega Pack SD card in it... out of the dock, it boots but freezes when you try to access the SD card.

What a complete piece of garbage!

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Send it in to Tommo... like everyone else. It is hard to see how Tommo can make money if some units have to be sent in to be fixed because they won't update. Also updates should be free. I believe this device was not thought out very well. These problems exist across all the different firmware releases.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Send it in to Tommo... like everyone else. It is hard to see how Tommo can make money if some units have to be sent in to be fixed because they won't update. Also updates should be free. I believe this device was not thought out very well. These problems exist across all the different firmware releases.

If it's out of warranty then you have to pay for the fix.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
If it's out of warranty then you have to pay for the fix.

If the update fucks up your system then you should have to pay for it to be fixed!?

I don't see the logic there.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If the update fucks up your system then you should have to pay for it to be fixed!?

I don't see the logic there.

Because it's Tommo logic...lol I'm pretty sure they worded it like that in the documentation of the game paks with the rocket cable.

shedberg

n00b
OK, here's an update for anyone who had the same issue as me... even though it SAID the firmware update had been successful, I did it AGAIN. After it finished updating the firmware again, the Mega Pack SD card started working properly, both in and out of the dock.