Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Retropalooza/171779462982186

Saturday September 28, 2013 11 AM-5 PM
Bob Duncan Center
2800 S Center St
Arlington, TX 76014
Description

Rotoscope Productions and The Game Chasers present Retropalooza!! Buy, sell, trade, video games. Toys, Art, giveaways, special guests, game tournaments.

Since The Game Chasers are organizing this, I would suspect that any deals will likely be picked through before the show even starts!:eye::eye:

20 Year Member
Not that any of you DFW guys give two fucks.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Wow, that actually looks fun!! I don't think i'll be back in town by then but that looks SO MUCH FUN!

20 Year Member
DFW Retrofest was decent.

This one looks a bit more promising.

Glad to start seeing some retro gaming events out here!

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
DFW Retrofest was decent.

This one looks a bit more promising.

Glad to start seeing some retro gaming events out here!

I was at Retro Fest! I should have checked the forums! I should be at Retropalooza!

20 Year Member
Would be nice to put some faces to names, as well as meet some more locals.

Maybe we can coordinate a specific time to meet up at the show!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I might go to this. But I used to go to cons for the trading and buying. But that always seems to suck nowadays.

20 Year Member
I might go to this. But I used to go to cons for the trading and buying. But that always seems to suck nowadays.

Yeah :(

At retro fest, I asked about a loose Yoshi's Island cart for the SNES...

$40!

I think ebay might have been cheaper.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Is there a market for comic books at all there? Maybe I'll exhibit with my shop if it makes sense. We are a comic book and toy store, but we also deal in original artwork and various other oddities. It's just a one-day show, yeah?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I might go to this. Sounds fun and I can bring some friends of mine along I bet.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Looks cool, may just have to make a road trip up to DFW in Sept!

20 Year Member
I offered to loan my cabs and PCBs for the event.

There seemed to be some initial interest, but I have not had any subsequent communication. I think they are confused about the concept of a "generic" JP arcade machine. They kept asking what "arcades" I have...

Ahhh well. Would have been cool to have some Neo and shmups at the palooza.

Last edited:

jeffg

n00b
I will be there. not as a vendor like I was at retro fest. For you guys that were there, I was the guy with the CDI and Zelda CDI games. Most people who came through looked at that crap.

20 Year Member
I will be there. not as a vendor like I was at retro fest. For you guys that were there, I was the guy with the CDI and Zelda CDI games. Most people who came through looked at that crap.

Ahh, I remember chatting with you for a few minutes.

wildo2ne

Tarma's Gun Polisher
It would be fun to go but from what I am seeing it is a one day event, too much to travel to texas and back for one day

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman

Ahh, I tried to buy just the Zelda games from you! I got some good stuff at retro fest, including Capcom vs. SNK 2 for Dreamcast and a Saturn arcade stick boxed. I think from you, or the guy right next to you.

Last edited:
I will be there as a vendor. Wish the arcade thing had worked out but regardless yeah a lot of trading will happen between venders before the event opens just like retrofest but that didn't mean there wasn't any deals to be had after the event opens to the public. Personally I will have a US Neo geo AES low serial number with samurai spirits and a stack of Neo geo cd games for sale. Open for trades too if anyone has extra games.