DavidG: Facts, Speculation, and Possible Conclusions

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

I'm assuming this source, when originally posted, didn't have the feedback set to private. Looks like another piece of hurried cover up.

The factory soldering is really worrying for the neo scene in general, though one thing I would say is 8man has claimed he knew the game was fake as soon as he got hold of it, something I would really like to believe in right now. If not then buying any high end game is effectively fucked (if it wasn't already).

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Say what you want about neo-geo.com as a forum or on line community, but you can't deny the fact that if you try to do some shady shit here it will be found out and it will be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the light for all to see.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Very good post. lots of research and effort put into it and it makes alot of hazy points perfectly clear. Thanks!

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Is there any reason why the carts could not be just straight up original japanese Sonic Wings 3 carts?

I thought these carts had all the languages and they activate based on which region console you play them in, is that right? (I have never had an AES so I have no idea but MVS games work with the language of the motherboard bios no matter what it says in the label)

I still haven´t seen any convincing reason why anything other than the arts (label, insert, manual) would have to have been reproduced. Please enlighten me, I have been pondering and wondering this for a while :)

Yes. 3, actually:

- Too expensive. I've seen them go for 500€+ and I wanted to win that auction for no more than 300€.
- Too hart to find, if you need 6 carts at once.
- You will probably not even find one that looks as if it was brand new, so you'd have to sac carts anyway.

Using a Japanese AES Sonic Wings 3 would have been the 'best' way as it would have already contained the boards/chips needed WITHOUT any need of alteration &/or tampering. The factory-soldered points alone would seal the deal if you were concerned with being exposed a fraud. While the cost of acquiring original SW3 AES carts is quite a bit more going this route, what's $300 to $500 when you're flipping them for 30 large? It's a small price to pay for convincing others of their authenticity. Also, think about the cartridge shell casings & the snap-lock case boxes.....they do vary in texture/color from release to release; this would further convince a potential buyer that the game was legit if they were to compare another game that was produced at the same timefame. While finding 6 near-perfect copies would be a challenge, I'm sure it's not impossible, especially when you take into account how long this 'supposed scam' has been in the works. Didn't Tonk say he had been conversing with David G for months? All he really needed at first was one perfect copy to send out to Tonk/Geddon for inspection; the others could have been sourced/created while this was all pending.

Getting back to the soldering technique: we haven't yet seen the back side of the JGP AES boards, but from viewing the few pictures hosted from the NeoStore, I would guess they are not done by hand. The few surface mounted chips I can see look perfect, but all of this doesn't matter anyways as JGP is being promoted & sold as a DGE conversion.

At the end of the day, I would speculate that David/Jason tried his best at covering his bases pertaining to the look of the hardware. After all, if he has access to PCB creation/manufacture & plastic molding/production, I'm sure machine soldering would be a prerequisite as well.

EDIT: More on the SAC cart theory: David has already revealed pics of AES cart stockpiles, so what's to say he didn't have multiple copies of Sonic Wings 3 JPN AES on hand....brand new just like the Samurai 2s & NAMs he showed us?

Last edited:
Let's not forget the bread crumbs you leave behind when running around sourcing SW3 carts for the boards.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Great post Judge, certainly legendary :)

Am I the only person here who has a sense of irony when being told there are Nigerians involved in all this??? I wonder if DavidG/Jason Young is having problems with an inheritance at the moment, that you could help him with, and be paid for your efforts, of course.

Also, I look forward to reading Billy's rebuttal to the original post as, obviously, the games are real. :rolleyes:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
So, as a pseudonym I wonder; what's the significance of "David Garrett"?
Chosen to be some sort of homage? to be unassuming? Because Max Power, Rock Strongo and Lance Uppercut were taken?

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
EVERYBODY WAVE HI TO JASON/DAVIDG!

Guest showthread.php?t=244220

Viewing Thread
DavidG: Facts, Speculation, and Possible Conclusions

bas1-stoneycreek08-*********.dsl.bell.ca

panda-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
So, as a pseudonym I wonder; what's the significance of "David Garrett"?
Chosen to be some sort of homage? to be unassuming? Because Max Power, Rock Strongo and Lance Uppercut were taken?

Maybe he has a soft-spot for violin music???