David Garrett is Jason Young - Relative of Ray Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Again I ask, why has no one met up with him? He left an open invitation in the reveal thread. If someone met up with him of course they can confirm that is him in those pics.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Again I ask, why has no one met up with him? He left an open invitation in the reveal thread. If someone met up with him of course they can confirm that is him in those pics.

Or he can take 8 seconds and post a video of himself "introducing himself to the community" (we know his voice) with a government issued ID. TonK, you have his address, you should see how any of the relevant properties are titled, assuming such records are publicly accessible in Canada as in the US.

Mr. Young and Ms. Sule can make cameo appearances.

Last edited:

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
The carts need to be opened and dusted for fingerprints on the inside.

In other news: oh, wow!

Geddon_jt

20 Year Member
The carts need to be opened and dusted for fingerprints on the inside.

They have been. There are no prints on the inside. Furthermore, there is old hard glue that must be cracked in both games before the cartridges will open, consistent with every other legit game.

Not saying these games are real at all, but assuming they are not, there are still hard technical
Questions that must be answered at some point about how and when they were made.

David has gone through great lengths to conceal from the public the extent of his connection to Ray. Assuming his claims were legit, the better approach is to just acknowledge the connection from the start, and people would have sorted out the truth in time. Honesty is the best policy of course. Even if some definite proof they were real came along (doubtful) these games are always tainted now by deceit at the very top of where this all started.

Like I said a year ago, I shouldn't have shared my opinion until I knew more about David and had proof of where they came from. The information I had a year ago was quite convincing. Oh well, live and learn.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
well done guys. Hopefully we can put this to bed now. It's gone on far too long

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
and i am reaching out to a member from that town right now. hopefully he is not also david g too.

Lol. No David G here. But is he really in Mississauga? Maybe a few of us from the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). Can meet up with him. If any other members are up for it.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
If indeed, he and the Liviu Nita guy (from that website) ARE one and the same, then I'd say it's pretty safe to assume he has all the technical knowledge and capabilities required to pull this off.

I realise it's user entered information, but one entry cites him as some sort of University Professor of some sort? Obviously, quite capable. Not forgetting:

Cunostinte PC:
Grafica computerizata.
Photoshop

Corel Draw
Adobe Premiere
Microsoft Office
Toate sistemele de operare, servere sau post de lucru intr-o retea.
Baza de date
Intretinere site-uri www.
Intretinere retele de calculatoare

It was noted by quite a few of us in Chamane's thread that this all looked to be the work of someone who was in the know re: the design field. Looks like we were all right.

Someone wanna post out some Prozac to 'Supergun' in the meantime...

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
They have been. There are no prints on the inside. Furthermore, there is old hard glue that must be cracked in both games before the cartridges will open, consistent with every other legit game.

Not saying these games are real at all, but assuming they are not, there are still hard technical
Questions that must be answered at some point about how and when they were made.

David has gone through great lengths to conceal from the public the extent of his connection to Ray. Assuming his claims were legit, the better approach is to just acknowledge the connection from the start, and people would have sorted out the truth in time. Honesty is the best policy of course. Even if some definite proof they were real came along (doubtful) these games are always tainted now by deceit at the very top of where this all started.

Like I said a year ago, I shouldn't have shared my opinion until I knew more about David and had proof of where they came from. The information I had a year ago was quite convincing. Oh well, live and learn.

Maybe Ray made them years ago, and they actually have been sitting in storage. I mean didn't he say to someone that he could make carts look so genuine most people would not know the difference?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
So, it would appear that Shawn has got back into bed with Ray Young (or his minions) again...in one capacity or the other.

Geddon_jt

20 Year Member
Maybe Ray made them years ago, and they actually have been sitting in storage. I mean didn't he say to someone that he could make carts look so genuine most people would not know the difference?

It's possible, the problem I have with this theory is that AF3 is worlds apart from any !Arcade! releases I've looked at. Some have pointed out some similarities, but comparing in person, they are so different. Plus, why would he be hand soldering his !Arcade! releases if he is able to make perfect factory soldered fakes, which he is just sitting on?

The other theory I had, assuming the games were actually REAL, is that David got them from Ray somehow and just made up the backstory about them. It was rumored that 10+ years ago Ray bought John Barone's old collection from SNK USA. If Ray was sitting on these titles for a "rainy day" so to speak, but selling off the remainder of his collection (He did sell many legit big ticket items back in the day), that would explain why David was left with just these rarities, but no other rare "released" games like Slug 1, NTM, etc.

This is all pure speculation.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
or we could just go on Kenny's information about multiple AF3s and PS2' MVS being bought by him or people involved with him

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
If this games should be real, where would they come from?

I was previously sure the games themselves: carts and pcb´s are just the japanese aes version sonic wings3. But now I´m not sure anymore as apparently he needed to purchase Aero Fighters 3 MVS carts to make these AES versions. So he bought some MVS versions from KPJ as made obvious here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?243894-New-DavidG-special-Jockey-GP/page40. He even tried to use fake nicks to make it less obvious that he was buying many copies for himself. Maybe he used these carts to some extent to make AES conversion then, I suppose. I´m not sure, I never had an AES system and never saw such a conversion. Nor am I aware of any opened AF3 AES cart pics to see what they look like.

Then it was just a matter of making manuals and inserts, which I´m sure are a lot easier to make when you have a graphic design company background.

Last edited:

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Good job Tonk.

Not sure if anyone remembers, but last year I was the one who started saying this whole thing smelled like !Arcade....looks like I was right.

I hope all the necessary data, information etc. has been saved or made retrievable in any other way. Because... DG/JY reads everything that is posted here and has thus the possibility to try to destroy/make disappear any evidence. It's like a criminal investigation made public...

IF this should go to the police and ultimately the courts, I think it'd be better NOT to make public all the information about this DG/JY guy.

Or, even post "misleading" information here, so this DG/JY guy doesn't really know what information has already been gathered on him.

I really hope to see another thread here on the forums about the DG/JY guy - when his case is treated in court and he's ultimately sent off to jail. Yes, jail. I consider that the only legit place for him, as he has played almost each and everyone to the max, and profited quite a bit from that.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Well....when I'm wrong I'm wrong.

I had a soft spot for Tonk cause we were both tradesmen (like our fathers) and we're both prone to showing off and seeking approval.

A few years back my dad went back to the old country to repatriate himself and build a house there, but the builder scammed him to the tune of around 0.75 AF3 US carts.

He left the country he loved with tears in his eyes and the guy never saw justice....too many similarities I noticed here (at first) and I let that paint my perception of what happened here.

So it looks like I fucked up. Sorry for what I said earlier.

aria

Former Moderator
See, this is why going to bed before midnight on the internet is a bad idea: often that's when the most interesting stuff starts to happen.

SSS

neo retired
Was there even a "Ray" Young to begin with?

Isn't trieu still out a few grand on phantom converters? Sure he'll be interested

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I await a fake Jason Young account to join here claiming that we have been terrorizing him and how he has no relation to DavidG or Ray Young or Neo Geo or anything in general.

38977568.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.