Last Resort: THe more I play it, the more I love it

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Last Resort is a decent enough game for the Neo, good soundtrack, challenging gameplay. But there is a plethora of shooter's out there which does the genre so much better.

Good game but masterpiece no.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
One of my faves, still the look of it reminds me of old Irem. I still think an artist or someone from Irem worked on it.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I'm not sure about masterpiece but I've definitely enjoyed it more and more over the years. It's probably in my favorite top 3 or 4 pewps on the Neo Geo. ;)

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I dig it. I'm especially fond of the CD version.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I love it too, but I think I am just biased because I am in to Akira and love the references.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
well masterpiece maybe not. That would be R-type.
But i love Last Resort and its my favorite shooter on the neo.

Greedo

Zero's Secretary
Agree, some levels are much more difficult than bosses.

I love Andro Dunos for many reason, especially for colored graphics and power-up system :drool:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Only started playing Last Resort recently and it is good, maybe great. I'll have to play it for a few more months to give a proper opinion.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Didn't think much of it, until I put time into it. It's fucking great.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I love the game, theme, graphics, and soundtrack. Since owning it, I've been trying to 1cc the game on level 8.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've heard that it kind of was. Obviously we are talking pre-Nazca here, but I've guess Last Resort had several ex Irem employees work on the game and supposedly those ex-Irem people went on to do KOF '94.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Last Resort was always seen as a poor-man's Pulstar, even by resellers back in the day. I remember years and years ago when I bought it that Mike and MDGameSales actually said just that as well... Anyway, good game, but it always was on the lower end of the shooters for the Neo in my eyes. Love the look, but the difficulty level is a bit higher than I like to deal with, and honestly I don't see a lot of value putting time into it. I'd much rather play other shooters on the system... and yes, I have a heck of a lot more fun with Andro Dunos and Zedblade. Still, Last Resort has a great atmosphere and it's definitely a game I will return to every once in a while for a few plays.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Love the game the graphic details are amazing. Shooting enemies ships sends the pilot flying out now that's some detail. My only grip is the second loop, why just why its a damn shooter not Ghosts n Goblins. :lolz:

Last edited:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Last Resort will put hair on your chest - If our WWII vet Grandfathers played Neo they'd call us pussies for playing anything else. Well, that and they'd preach that SlugX is superior to 2.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
This game has been pushing in my stool for over a week now. I haven't had the time to actually get past lvl 4 yet but man, I can't even fathom being able to 1CC it. I'd be happy if I could beat it on 30 continues at this stage in the game.
I will say though once you start playing it, the game is tough to put down. The music and controls make for a very sweet game.