Todd's Scart RGB Emporium! Scart to BNC, Scart Switches, SNES scart cables, XRGB ...Oh my!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Since I now carry and sell several different Euro Scart related products, it only makes sense to have a single thread running for all the products. It's easier to maintain and keep track of a single one rather than 3 or 4 different ones. When I introduce new products I will start a new thread for it and then eventually merge that product back into this master thread.

Products I build and carry:

Euro Scart to BNC cable:

They allow you to plug in a Euro Scart cable from your console to this cable and then plug in the 4 BNC connectors ( Red, Green, Blue and Composite Sync) to a Sony PVM monitor or a similar monitor (JVC broadcast type, NEC XM29 and etc). Also has a stereo audio breakout so you can plug in a regular pair of rca cables to run to your stereo or computer type speakers. It is wired Euro Scart NOT Japanese 21 pin RGB. This is a completely passive device. It has no resistors or capacitors in it. You need to make sure your Scart cable is built correctly for your machine. This just lets you interface a RGB scart cable with a compatible monitor.

Approx. 3ft length

$26 shipped in the USA

Stock Status: Available

20130611_224538.jpg

Euro Scart to CMPTR (25 pin):

This is a similar cable to the above one, except it has a 25pin connector on the end rather than 4 BNC connectors. This cable is specific to early Sony PVM monitors such as the PVM 2030, 2530 and similar era PVMs.

Approx. 3ft length

$28 shipped in the USA

20130612_225715.jpg

3 port Euro Scart Switch

Since it sucks having to flip flop cables back and forth between consoles, I also carry Euro Scart switches. This switch was chosen because it has stereo audio outputs, good quality and inexpensive. These are imported from the UK. These are Hama AV100S clones. Work the same and have the same video quality. And most likely built by the same company as the Hamas are.

For more info on these, see this thread: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-Hama-AV100S-Interest-Check-thread&highlight=

$35 Shipped in the USA

20130626_172112.jpg

Male Euro Scart to BNC and CMPTR

Also, I build male scart connector variants of my Scart to BNC and Scart to CMPTR cables. That way you can go directly from the Scart switch that I sell above to your monitor without extra cables or adapters.

These cables are $1 cheaper since they don't have the audio breakout cable. They are video only. The Scart switch I sell above has audio RCA jacks on it, so it would be redundant to have the extra audio connectors.

$25 shipped for Male scart to BNC
$27 shipped for Male scart to CMPTR

20130611_225904.jpg

NTSC SNES/SuperFamicom Euro Scart cables

I also have SNES scart cables. These are intended to be used on NTSC US and JP Super Nintendos and Super Famicoms. These are originally PAL Gamecube cables that I imported and modified for use with NTSC machines. Wired to the Euro scart output spec, but intended for use with NTSC machines.

More info on these here:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-cables-for-ntsc-US-and-JP-systems&highlight=

Approx. 5/6ft length

$15 shipped in the USA

Stock Status: SOLD OUT

20130619_063905.jpg

XRGB-Mini/Framemeister Euro Scart cables

I also build and carry XRGB-mini Euro Scart to 8 pin mini din cables. The normal cable that is included with the XRGB-mini is wired to the JP21 standard rather than Euro Scart. Sure you can rewire that cable, or you can purchase an inexpensive replacement from me. I have built a number of these for myself and other forums members and decided to offer them on the forum.

I offer them in female and Male Scart to 8 pin mini din. The Male scart ones allows you to go directly from one of my Scart switches to your XRGB-mini.

Approx. lenth for the Female scart version is 12 inches. The Male scart version is longer. Up to 3ft. Specify this when ordering.

Either cable $16 shipped in the USA

20130602_004131.jpg

20130602_185843.jpg

****Note: Keep in mind that the Scart to BNC/CMPTR are custom built to order as are the XRGB-mini cables. Even when they say in Stock, there is a small lead time of a couple days to get your cable built. Sometimes a little longer depending on my cable build queue. I will do my best to keep this thread updated on availability.****

I only accept Paypal. As you can see by the above prices, all include domestic US shipping. If you live in Canada or other parts of the world, drop me a PM for a shipping quote. Canada is typically only a couple dollars more depending on the weight.

Questions or concerns? Please post them in this thread for all to benefit from.

Upcoming products:

Atari Jaguar Scart cables - I have built about a dozen of these in the past and will be offering these again soon. These are custom cables built by me and not imported 3rd party ones.

Playstation Scart cables - Still looking for a supplier, but looking to import some of these. Works perfectly fine on US consoles. Works with PS1/2/3.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Got my scart switch today, now I need a male to male scart cable.

Short note, my wife said "The future is now" in common conversation. I promptly pulled the envelope the scart switch came in and pointed to the SNK logo. She rolled her eyes :P

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Wow... no dick pics. See that wasn't so difficult was it?! :D

Thanks again for the cables you've made me Yodd.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Got my scart switch today, now I need a male to male scart cable.

Short note, my wife said "The future is now" in common conversation. I promptly pulled the envelope the scart switch came in and pointed to the SNK logo. She rolled her eyes :P

Don't forget, Christopher Walken said "The Future is now" in Joe Dirt. Someone needs to make a short video with the SNK logo and his voiceover.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Some one has a GIF of lauri Metcalf from rosanne saying it. This could be a good war room topic.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I can vouch 100% for Yodd's cable work - it's awesome. He made me a CMPTR to SCART and SNES SCART cables. I could swing from his cable it's that thick and strong.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That Playstation SCART cable sounds very promising. It'll really work on all three Playstation consoles? Awesome.

Keep us updated on this.

Jon

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Bump

Parts on hand for everything including the XRGB-mini cables.

IrishNinja

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
awesome stuff, OP! i'm very interested in a SCART switch, was hoping for more than 3 but the price is good.

do you have SCART RGB cables for N64 (THS7314 to amplify the RGB signals) & one for NES? i intend to RGB mod mine down the road as well. I too have an XRGB mini & euro SCART adapter, from retro_game_accessories @ ebay but she's currently on hiatus. lemme know, it'd all be shipped to the US! also i seem unable to PM you, i'm guessing cause i'm new, heh. thanks.

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey Broken,

I recently had the luck of stumbling upon a Sony PVM 20M2MDU on Craigslist for 100 with your SNES RGB cable and RGB female to BNC with rca audio. I feel blessed! I wanted to ask you a few questions but I don't have PM or Thread privileges yet. Do you mind if I send you an email?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Hey Broken,

I recently had the luck of stumbling upon a Sony PVM 20M2MDU on Craigslist for 100 with your SNES RGB cable and RGB female to BNC with rca audio. I feel blessed! I wanted to ask you a few questions but I don't have PM or Thread privileges yet. Do you mind if I send you an email?

lol you found someone selling a PVM on CL with my cables? That's kinda funny.

Yeah, send me an email.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
lol you found someone selling a PVM on CL with my cables? That's kinda funny.

Yeah, send me an email.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Yea he was by Boca Raton, FL. Cool guy with a legit set up and it was my first time seeing a real collection on display and stuff. It gave this young snapper some inspiration. I just sent that email too.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my scart to bnc and snes scart cable in the mail. They work beautifully.

Buy from this man!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
FYI - I am taking orders through the end of today. After that I am halting orders for a couple weeks as I will be out of town on vaca for a week.

Soooo, if you want anything, better get your orders in this weekend. Otherwise it will be at least 2 weeks till I get to it.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Got my PSX cable a few days ago, left feedback-- Superb as always. Thanks for getting that out before your trip. Hope you have a nice vacation!