[WIIU] [3DS] Super Smash Bros.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Certain Club Nintendo Platinum members can get access to the demo today, if they receive a email for it.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Edit: all claimed. I'll post a new message if I get more.

I guess I've got 3 extra 3DS demo codes available. First come, first serve PM request 1/user please.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Had my cousin send me a text asking for a code and had no idea what he was talking about till I checked my email and lo and behold it was there. So sad to say all of my codes are claimed, sorry. Going to just fuck around and collect coins to use in the final version.

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
GAH! Someone please gimme a code. Im sick and stuck in bed, would make my day so much less shitty

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I know I'm a Platinum member, but I haven't received an email and the Club Nintendo site is currently down (no doubt because of all the Smash fanatics trying to download the demo at once).

I'll give at least one of the four codes away here if I get the email, though.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I hope I get one of these, I'm a platinum member but no email has come in.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Platnium and no email as well :(

I'm fine waiting for the actual release on the WiiU. the 3DS and WIIU have no progress swapping right? So i'd rather just wait for the WiiU version anyways. I am not going to get super competitive with this one. I just want to have some fun.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Platnium and no email as well :(

I'm fine waiting for the actual release on the WiiU. the 3DS and WIIU have no progress swapping right? So i'd rather just wait for the WiiU version anyways. I am not going to get super competitive with this one. I just want to have some fun.
There's definitely some connectivity between the two titles, but I don't think that's been detailed yet. But there is a Wii U icon in the menu of the 3DS version of Smash, so there's definitely something going on.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Club Nintendo site is back up, but the login still doesn't work:

"Due to high traffic volumes, the sign in function may not be working properly. If you are sure your username and password are correct, please keep trying."

Hopefully our lack of emails is a technical issue too.

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
playing it now. I just realized I havent played a smash bros game since Gamecube. Super lost, Ill get it though

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The 3DS version would definitely benefit from the added C-Stick on the New 3DS. Doing special moves just feels weird using the circle pad.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I've got two codes left for the 3DS demo, first come, blah, blah, blah. Shoot me a PM and tell me I'm koo and I'll send one over.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
And for Platinum people, I got my codes today shortly after 3PM Pacific... So, be patient. I'm sure they're coming. My offer above stands, but please no Platinum peeps. I'm sure you'll get your codes in the next day or so. ;)

famicommander

15 Year Member
smash3ds.jpg

There you go. You can share custom fighters between versions and use the 3DS as a Wii U controller.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Hey guys, here is a copy of the email I got from Club Nintendo...not to stir trouble...but I'm not sure if being "Platinum" is the only stipulation to getting the code...there is some language about choosing to receive info from Nintendo as well...did you guys elect not to receive updates from them?

At any rate, I have a couple of codes if you or anyone else needs one.

Congratulations!

You’ve qualified for a special demo of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game. There’s no limit on play sessions, and it’s available now—a whole week before the public demo.

We’re sending this demo to Club Nintendo members like you who achieved Platinum Status between 7/1/2013 and 6/30/2014, registered any Nintendo 3DS product, and chose to receive information from Nintendo at Club Nintendo. Hurry—all codes for this special demo must be redeemed by Sept. 19. Enjoy!

Enter your unique code on Nintendo eShop:

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
I've got 3 spare codes... PM me for info.

1 Gone! 2 Left!

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Any of you guys know where i can find some articles or videos on smash bros mechanics. I plan on playing competitively. Theres also going to be a tournament at my local store, and i would like to perform well in it.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
So apparently you can get temp banned from online servers of the full release for quitting, idling, or aggressively or repeatedly going after a specific player. I understand the first two but half the fun of Smash is having rivals and continuing to clobber them mercilessly. And exactly how much does Nintendo find excessive anyway? I guess people will find out soon. Are you supposed to pull punches?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I was hearing they pulled the November 21st date on some sites and still nothing official from Nintendo yet. I think it should hold because it's only a week before Black Friday and you know their going to want to have the big guns out when all the parents are rushing into the stores like idiots looking for the best and new things for their kids. I was hearing mixed on how the online worked with as far as disconnecting due to a bad connection that even if both players bolt you get timed out for 10 minutes. So unless you really care about your online rank, just run off the stage and find another match.

The one thing I want to know about the 3DS to the Wii-U version is how much are both going to share. Right now you can use the 3DS as a controller (I have no idea why this wasn't done with other games before, but I'm sure as hell not using this for Smash Brothers) and you can import your custom fighters. I just want to see if you can transfer over all your coins, trophies and will it automatically unlock all of the characters you already have or do you have to go through killing yourself 200+ times to get all of the characters on both versions?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I was hearing they pulled the November 21st date on some sites and still nothing official from Nintendo yet. I think it should hold because it's only a week before Black Friday and you know their going to want to have the big guns out when all the parents are rushing into the stores like idiots looking for the best and new things for their kids. I was hearing mixed on how the online worked with as far as disconnecting due to a bad connection that even if both players bolt you get timed out for 10 minutes. So unless you really care about your online rank, just run off the stage and find another match.

The one thing I want to know about the 3DS to the Wii-U version is how much are both going to share. Right now you can use the 3DS as a controller (I have no idea why this wasn't done with other games before, but I'm sure as hell not using this for Smash Brothers) and you can import your custom fighters. I just want to see if you can transfer over all your coins, trophies and will it automatically unlock all of the characters you already have or do you have to go through killing yourself 200+ times to get all of the characters on both versions?

I hope i can just transfer over the data to the Wii U version. It would suck to have to earn everything twice

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Nintendo's gone fucking nuts. Holy shit are they packing this thing with content. They just surpassed Saturn Bomberman in the "Where the hell am I!?" department with eight player Smash. Also, for the folks bitching Mewtwo is coming back...with a catch. You have to buy both versions of the game and register them with Club Nintendo. They said he'll be done in Spring of 2015 so that just opens up a whole can of worms about even more characters to be added.

*Edit, I was wondering about this after looking at the direct a second time. You think their loading it up with a ton of local multiplayer to hide the fact the online might be as bad as Brawl's? Just like Brawl the 3DS was hit or miss with me, I had the Wii Lan Adapter since at the time I had an older router that couldn't connect with the Wii but even wired I had some pretty garbage fights. I hope at least the one on one fights with a friend will play out better then they do off the 3DS.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Oh fuck yes the Onett and Yoshi's Island stages are back. (still want Mushroom Kingdom 1 & 2 though)