[WIIU] [3DS] Super Smash Bros.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I thought for sure he was in there when I got the trophy. That does suck. Maybe Nintendo pulled him after the press Ubisoft has been giving the WiiU.

:spock:

It's gotta be. It's a new fully rendered character made for the game, it's not one they took from an existing game. Five bucks once they dropped the ball on releasing Origins they took him out. It would have been great to see him in the game with the other 3rd party fighters. He'd really make a good fit into the game with the propeller head and stretchy limbs.

:spock: :spock:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah I'm with the Shroom on this one...I mean, I didn't play Brawl much at all...but Melee had like hundreds of trophies for characters that were not playable in the game.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah I'm with the Shroom on this one...I mean, I didn't play Brawl much at all...but Melee had like hundreds of trophies for characters that were not playable in the game.

but they never put 3rd part trophys in the game. It would be like them adding Sonic as a trophy, but having no other Sega references in the entire game....

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Melee had Perfect Dark related throphies and that wasn't exactly a first party game.

This game has a shitload of third party throphies thanks to the involement of Bamco. Also lots of Capcom and Sega ones.

Ubisoft had ZombiU which was a launch title, maybe having Rayman as a trophy as some sort of "thank you" or whatever. Is Rayman even a thing in Japan?

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Am I just slow, or is it unclear exactly how to use Amiibos as your ally? Maybe it's just that I am playing it in 'Smash mode' only? -Basically, I'm echoing the slight irritation about the menus and stuff-

Other than that I am having fun with it, but I'm extremely rusty, having not played Brawl or any other SSB in years!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Am I just slow, or is it unclear exactly how to use Amiibos as your ally? Maybe it's just that I am playing it in 'Smash mode' only? -Basically, I'm echoing the slight irritation about the menus and stuff-

Other than that I am having fun with it, but I'm extremely rusty, having not played Brawl or any other SSB in years!

You are not the only one confused with Amiibo's. Amiibo's don't really do much.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Form some reason, I imagined them acting as 'strikers' ala KOF 99. I am not sure where I got this idea now.... perhaps just an overactive imagination! :lolz:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
All tracks: [video]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyozrBudY8SgYPAGayp2ywh8PjO93SY7I[/video]

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Got this for WiiU and after getting used to the 3DS one, it seems kinda hecktic. Fun though. And is gettting jiggly with Jigglypuff only to be done on the WiiU?