The New Fitness thread

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Bathrooms with overhead light or over the mirror never do justice to anyone. When I redesigned the master bath in my house I went with side lights (flanking the face) and you get much better light.

yeah, i just realized yesterday there is no good lighting in my house

i have noticed the bathrooms at work have very good lighting but that could potentially lead to some very awkward situations

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
East Finchley. Train at a gym called Maximum Fitness at Tufnell Park. It was so humid yesterday I almost died.

ahh nice. I down near Angel, bit up Essex road. I train in Dalston, £5 a visit or £12 a week. That or my work gym which has only Dumbbells though.

Saw some guy in a Samurai Spirit shirt the other day...was wondering if he was a NG lurker.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
ahh nice. I down near Angel, bit up Essex road. I train in Dalston, £5 a visit or £12 a week. That or my work gym which has only Dumbbells though.

Saw some guy in a Samurai Spirit shirt the other day...was wondering if he was a NG lurker.

Does your gym have dumbbells of 40kgs and over? I wouldn't mind paying a visit to train there for 5 pounds. Seems legit.

Last edited:

Darren870

Does your gym have dumbbells of 40kgs and over? I wouldn't mind paying a visit to train there for 5 pounds. Seems legit.

There is two in Dalston I go to. I am pretty sure they both do. They are proper body building gyms, however a bit run down. I will check this weekend and see. I mostly go for the barbells/squat rack since my work gym doesn't have one. So weekends usually are benching, squating, deadlifting and over head press.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
there's nothing wrong with fundamental exercises of course, but (most) of that stuff is so boring to me--i need to get crazy and do different things all the time or i'd stagnate and never have the motivation to continue

here's a couple things from Tacfit26, the current program i'm doing:

http://videobam.com/uhFxr
http://videobam.com/yxPJo

i love exercises like that

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Was called into work early today and won't be able to make it to the gym today.... damn it.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Resting today and tomorrow because I have a race Saturday, but I hit the gym for 45 minutes at lunch, and did some laps at the pool tonight.

Yay for active "rest" days.

Anyone here swim for exercise?

Oh, and I registered for the Houston Half Marathon today :)

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Sorry folks... been super busy at work as school is up and grades have to be in... parents come in literally wailing and begging for more etc...

Anyway, I had to lol at 'selfies' - that is an awesome term. Here is one I busted out quickly. Excuse the shitty quality and the filthy mirror :)

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Was called into work early today and won't be able to make it to the gym today.... damn it.

Dude, I get it. When you are as obsessed as we are with working out, then this can be a major blow. Sometimes this could ruin my day... could.. but I have learned in my old age to compensate for it: usually by being out in the park at midnight doing pull-ups like an escaped ape...

Did you try the flag?

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
there's nothing wrong with fundamental exercises of course, but (most) of that stuff is so boring to me--i need to get crazy and do different things all the time or i'd stagnate and never have the motivation to continue

here's a couple things from Tacfit26, the current program i'm doing:

http://videobam.com/uhFxr
http://videobam.com/yxPJo

i love exercises like that

That's awesome stuff there! I totally agree with what you say and have gone the same route in the past few years. I built my own TRX a month ago and go wild with it - it is awesome (anyone who pays full retail for a TRX...well... go buy a JGP Homecart :)).

Darren870

Damn man, ripped like hell! I wasn't expecting that from your flag picture.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
You look really cut, but you need to get that hand outta the way. lol. I can't see very well. Looking lean.

No, I didn't try that flag... not sure how to. Too scared to try. Also, making excuses early, but my legs are pretty damn big, and I am afraid I would have an unfair disadvantage.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Thanks buddy, appreciate it!

Five months ago I wasn't as ripped... I was just looking at pix from a year ago.. and the abs have definitely improved. For a year now I have mostly stayed away from using dumbells and barbells and been mostly working on a bar. I swear by bar workouts: Pull-ups in all sorts of variations, interspersed with handstands, squats etc, mostly using my body weight. The results are amazing!

My core strength has improved so much that for the past 2 months I have integrated crossfit elements (and TRX stuff), which require me to use a heavy barbell (50 - 60kgs usually) in between sets of pull-ups (I snatch and push this above my head). Super-sets with a barbell and hanging from a bar: It works.

Going away this weekend... but I will try and get more pix up at some point. Gotta share some routines with youse at some point also. I'd be interested in some of Spike's routines as well!

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Cheers Spike....feckin selfies eh :) Gonna be at the beach this weekend. I'll get the lady to take some pix.

As for the flag... yeah man.. don't worry. It really isn't a healthy move for your spine!

Darren870

My abs show after I am done pooping. So you might want to try that....you know, pooping a lot.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
are you telling me to push away the table if it has food on it, is this like a fat joke or something

cuz i cant find shit on this when i bing'd it

LOL your autocorrect changed baidu to bing....

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
are you telling me to push away the table if it has food on it, is this like a fat joke or something

cuz i cant find shit on this when i bing'd it
It might've been a little bit of a joke, but the idea is that watching your caloric intake plays a role.

Spike has a more comprehensive post on the first page of this thread. What he said is more or less like this:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I gave a smart alec answer to a smart alec question. But I still stand by it.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
1016131_3035253897311_187242442_n.jpg
1001855_3035297938412_1744171919_n.jpg

that's better

found some decent lighting

Last edited: