The New Fitness thread

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
ze gun-show is officially open.

The flag is technique but you also need a lot of core strength! That, and being able to do very wide-grip pull-ups easily as well as handstand push-ups is a must (one arm pulls, the other pushes in the move). The core is needed to bring the legs up, which is tough for me with my lanky legs - I am 6'3".

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yes, straighter... but so damn indifferent that nobody noticed or cared. :) I can actually breath out of the damn thing finally.

From your earlier pics I couldn't tell that it was crooked, just that you had a large bridge. Which isn't a bad thing for a guy.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
ze gun-show is officially open.

The flag is technique but you also need a lot of core strength! That, and being able to do very wide-grip pull-ups easily as well as handstand push-ups is a must (one arm pulls, the other pushes in the move). The core is needed to bring the legs up, which is tough for me with my lanky legs - I am 6'3".

Did you look up a youtube video teaching how to do this? I wanna try this tomorrow.

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
I also wanted to mention the importance of rest. I think you'll all agree on how important it is to sleep at least 8 hours a night. Naps are also very beneficial.
I remember reading that Arnie would try and have 10 hrs a night plus a long nap in the afternoons between work-outs.

I have created a little Barstarzz group here in Turkey to get my students into working out properly (they all try to throw huge weights around and I figure it better at age 15+ to learn to control the body weight first and learn proper technique/core strength). One thing I tell 'em is to shut their phones and Facer down and go to sleep early! A picture I like to use to illustrate how to get big is as follows (credit to Barstarzz):

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Yes Spike, Youtube was a huge inspiration. There is plenty of tutorials.

Take it easy at first as you can really hurt the rotator in your shoulder!
Also, respect man... you is looking good! Total respect for the work and dedication that goes into that! Awesome!

I am gonna have to dig out some pix, although I am still not too keen on the idea of posting pix of me in the semi-buff on a forum :)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Yes Spike, Youtube was a huge inspiration. There is plenty of tutorials.

Take it easy at first as you can really hurt the rotator in your shoulder!
Also, respect man... you is looking good! Total respect for the work and dedication that goes into that! Awesome!

I am gonna have to dig out some pix, although I am still not too keen on the idea of posting pix of me in the semi-buff on a forum :)

Fuck the assholes on here that say it's gay. You know better. Why bust out pics? Are you no longer in good shape???

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
Lol, you are right Spike.

Gonna have to dig for a picture though... I am in pretty awesome shape. Working-out is all I do besides working, eating, sleeping, and chasing skirts.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Lol, you are right Spike.

Gonna have to dig for a picture though... I am in pretty awesome shape. Working-out is all I do besides working, eating, sleeping, and chasing skirts.

Why dig for a picture, is what I am saying. Just take one.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Finally broke 200kg on deadlifts a month ago.

Training for 14 years now and its getting boring. Heavy compound exercises today again after work.

Great body Spike. What's your age?

aria

Former Moderator
Fuck it. It was only a matter of time before I posted pics

Further proof that you can have the biggest muscles on earth, but it won't be noticeable unless you're willing to make the long-term effort to also be lean.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
low impact cardio every day for at least 15 minutes and avoiding certain foods help with getting lean

cutting out alcohol, bread, sugar, fast food, cholesterol, soft drinks and drinking mostly water makes a huge difference..

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Finally broke 200kg on deadlifts a month ago.

Training for 14 years now and its getting boring. Heavy compound exercises today again after work.

Great body Spike. What's your age?

Old as hell. 36. Pics posted are within the last few days.

I can bet it gets tedious after many years. The "gainz" get harder and harder to come by. 200kg... whats that? 450 lbs?

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i'll have to take some pics soon

it's been quite a while since i've done it

krautcroissant

Living it LARGE!,
That's an impressive weight on the dead-lift Daytime_Dreamer!

Sorry no picture tonight - I went out with folks from work to demonstrate. Now the water cannons came out again, so called it a night (If you don't know what I mean, check the news re Turkey!). Need my sleep now, but will try and get some pix taken tomo.

Peace.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
Took these about 2 weeks ago:

IMAG0423_zps81d25615.jpg

IMAG0428_zps97e817f6.jpg

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Learning Double KB work now via a program called Kettlebell Strong. Serious butt kicking work.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Old as hell. 36. Pics posted are within the last few days.

I can bet it gets tedious after many years. The "gainz" get harder and harder to come by. 200kg... whats that? 450 lbs?

I'll be 34 in 6 months so I know what you're talking about! :D

Yeah, it gets like super-duper boring. Gains in strength do come with very intelligent training and nutrition but look-wise you don't really see any change. That's why you have to be super strict and do your workouts even when you are bored.

205kg = 451 pounds

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Spike, you'd better call the vet, 'cause those pythons are SICK!

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
edit: deleted pics, the quality was bothering me

i'll work on them

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
don't like how those look but i'll leave them up as i spent more time taking those than i'd care to admit

i'll do some better ones down the line

Bathrooms with overhead light or over the mirror never do justice to anyone. When I redesigned the master bath in my house I went with side lights (flanking the face) and you get much better light.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Bathrooms with overhead light or over the mirror never do justice to anyone. When I redesigned the master bath in my house I went with side lights (flanking the face) and you get much better light.

you designed your bathroom for selfies??