New DavidG special - Jockey GP

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
One thing is to remain in the shadow, using a well-known and respected memeber here as a front-man, create a fake story about a previous SNK employement to lead potential buyers into thinking the stuff you're selling is legit and asking a 30k price tag based on these lies

Another thing is to come clear about yourself and the product you're selling and give it a "reasonable" price

There's a HUGE difference here

DavidG should have choose the 2nd route right from the start and nothing of this mess would have happened...

Best as I can tell, DavidG is still maintaining AF3 and PS2 are legitimate AES carts, and not bootlegs, correct?

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
But he didn't. That's the problem people here have. He spread some of the biggest lies anybody has ever seen in this hobby (seriously, designing a chip for the Neo Geo?). He took people for tens of thousands of dollars. Now Shawn selling this dude's stuff.

The guy that people are wanting to say committed fraud is now hocking his stuff with full support of the Neo Store.
I see your point and, to be honest, i feel the same way about this situation (i mean DavidG rehabilitation through the Neostore)

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The reason these carts have the asking price of $1,500 is because of the previous debacle and anything "new" in AES format can ever be sold again as such. If everything went off without a hitch, you guys would still be buying them at $30k a pop. Don't say this situation is 100% different because now they are being labeled unofficial. David came in here and was still defending them as legit after Chamane asked for the refund. Now he's releasing known unofficial. Those that bought these games are idiots. Yes you got taken for some serious cash, but most of you are back for fucking more.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Best as I can tell, DavidG is still maintaining AF3 and PS2 are legitimate AES carts, and not bootlegs, correct?
I think so but, after Nightmare Tony's confirmation he never worked for SNK-USA, Chamane's report and this new sale through Neostore, what he's saying is completely irrelevant..

DangerousK

20 Year Member
But he didn't. That's the problem people here have. He spread some of the biggest lies anybody has ever seen in this hobby (seriously, designing a chip for the Neo Geo?). He took people for tens of thousands of dollars. Now Shawn selling this dude's stuff.

The guy that people are wanting to say committed fraud is now hocking his stuff with full support of the Neo Store.

!Arcade! 2.0 keeps on rolling.

Shawn should be getting heat for this from people, but no one wants to say anything on that front either.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
!Arcade! 2.0 keeps on rolling.

Shawn should be getting heat for this from people, but no one wants to say anything on that front either.

I've been on Shawn's case the whole time.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
I think so but, after Nightmare Tony's confirmation he never worked for SNK-USA, Chamane's report and this new sale through Neostore, what he's saying is completely irrelevant..

I don't disagree that what he is saying is irrelevant. DavidG can't be trusted, nor would I purchase any products that he had a hand in creating simply because he is a con artist.

I can get people being upset with Tonk at the very least, but what I cannot understand is the level of outrage in his general direction is usually what would be given for the person who actually was the mastermind of the entire situation.

Tonk: Ruined and ridiculed.

DavidG: Periodically ridiculed, but mostly ignored. Is rewarded by going into business with Shawn/Neo Store to supply bootleg products and to make money.

Shawn: Continues selling DavidG products long after chamane was repaid thus giving legitimacy to what DavidG does, no matter how underhanded.

Seems a disproportionate amount of the blame fell on Tonk. Plenty will say Tonk deserves it, but as I stated earlier, that comes from a lot of people who had an axe to grind with Tonk over other things. Could things have been handled better? Absolutely. But given the penchant this site has for engaging in virtual mob lynchings, it's absurd DavidG has walked out of this with little more than ridicule.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Was it discolosed to chamane that tonk lied to convince him to buy the game even telling that it might be not legitimate? and if you think about it, Dicioccio resorted to tell lies and paint a more comfortable scenario just because he had to say the game might be not legitimate. Had he avoided telling lies, nobody would have bought it.

i.e.: Tonk would have written " the seller is a conversion man called DavidiG and he is selling them by my help."
zero copies sold as a result. Lies were needed and Tonk used lies to move those fake carts

come on now.. you're being a little TOO biased toward your friend. I get it and loyalty goes a long way... but I think your framing is a bit preposterous.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
I don't disagree that what he is saying is irrelevant. DavidG can't be trusted, nor would I purchase any products that he had a hand in creating simply because he is a con artist.

I can get people being upset with Tonk at the very least, but what I cannot understand is the level of outrage in his general direction is usually what would be given for the person who actually was the mastermind of the entire situation.

Tonk: Ruined and ridiculed.

DavidG: Periodically ridiculed, but mostly ignored. Is rewarded by going into business with Shawn/Neo Store to supply bootleg products and to make money.

Shawn: Continues selling DavidG products long after chamane was repaid thus giving legitimacy to what DavidG does, no matter how underhanded.

Seems a disproportionate amount of the blame fell on Tonk. Plenty will say Tonk deserves it, but as I stated earlier, that comes from a lot of people who had an axe to grind with Tonk over other things. Could things have been handled better? Absolutely. But given the penchant this site has for engaging in virtual mob lynchings, it's absurd DavidG has walked out of this with little more than ridicule.
I agree with you here: it's a total non-sense that Tonk got 90% of the outrage, while DavidG walks away with the ability to sell more stuff...

But you have to consider 2 things here

First of all it was Tonk who put his face and his reputation on the line for that sale, it was him who introduced, marketed and handled the sales of AF3 here, so it's quite understandable that his person was deeply involved and people tend to identify him as the main responsible of this whole mess..
We may know now that he was a mere puppet and DavidG was the one who pulled all the strings but the fact he was the one sent in front to the public still remains.. he did it for the money? he did it for the glory? Anyway he actually did this for, he was the one mainly involved in this forgery (consciously or not)

And secondly, while DavidG was almost a Mr.No-one here, Tonk was (is?) a legendary member here with a rock-solid reputation as a good seller and a scammers stalker, so i think many people got really disappointed to see actually him lending himself for this scam.. Almost everybody here don't give a fuck about DavidG but almost everybody here had relations with Tonk over the years.. so considering who he was before makes people even more critical and inflexible towards him...

DangerousK

20 Year Member
I agree with you here: it's a total non-sense that Tonk got 90% of the outrage, while DavidG walks away with the ability to sell more stuff...

But you have to consider 2 things here

First of all it was Tonk who put his face and his reputation on the line for that sale, it was him who introduced, marketed and handled the sales of AF3 here, so it's quite understandable that his person was deeply involved and people tend to identify him as the main responsible of this whole mess..
We may know now that he was a mere puppet and DavidG was the one who pulled all the strings but the fact he was the one sent in front to the public still remains.. he did it for the money? he did it for the glory? Anyway he actually did this for, he was the one mainly involved in this forgery (consciously or not)

And secondly, while DavidG was almost a Mr.No-one here, Tonk was (is?) a legendary member here with a rock-solid reputation as a good seller and a scammers stalker, so i think many people got really disappointed to see actually him lending himself for this scam.. Almost everybody here don't give a fuck about DavidG but almost everybody here had relations with Tonk over the years.. so considering who he was before makes people even more critical and inflexible towards him...

Given how anal Tonk always was regarding his reputation, he wouldn't have thrown it away by knowingly participating in a scam. I know there are plenty that do not believe that, and nothing can ever change their mind. They want to believe what they want to, and their mind was made up from the moment something didn't look right. I don't see him pissing away well over a decade's worth of built up reputation over something like this.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Was it discolosed to chamane that tonk lied to convince him to buy the game even telling that it might be not legitimate? and if you think about it, Dicioccio resorted to tell lies and paint a more comfortable scenario just because he had to say the game might be not legitimate. Had he avoided telling lies, nobody would have bought it.

i.e.: Tonk would have written " the seller is a conversion man called DavidiG and he is selling them by my help."
zero copies sold as a result. Lies were needed and Tonk used lies to move those fake carts

Simone, every one of the buyers knew that DavidG was the source. The only one who didn't was Brandi because of his association with YOU. In fact, Fred (Chamane) even said how happy he was that DavidG was the source as he'd just purchased a Daedalus converter and was happy with the quality of it.

Question for you, Simone: When I asked what you thought about AF3 after seeing Brandi's copy, why did you lie about never seeing the game?

I don't think it looks fake. What makes you think it is?

Two things, the fact that there's all these seemingly random wires all over the place and, the fact we never saw a picture of the bottom board. It's seriously one step below, IMO, of the later MVS PCB's that came out. (ie. SVC: Chaos, Metal Slug 4, etc.)

Jon

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Simone, every one of the buyers knew that DavidG was the source. The only one who didn't was Brandi because of his association with YOU. In fact, Fred (Chamane) even said how happy he was that DavidG was the source as he'd just purchased a Daedalus converter and was happy with the quality of it.

Question for you, Simone: When I asked what you thought about AF3 after seeing Brandi's copy, why did you lie about never seeing the game?

Jon

What Jon is saying is absolutely true.

EVERYONE except BRANDI knew who the seller was.

And I'm not blaming BRANDI at all - he kept his word.

But had he known it was David, Shawn would have gotten his hands in David's pockets a lot sooner.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
This whole thing stinks, but more so the reactions and acceptance by many of the community.

Mike : Stupid, naive, money grabbing with the idea that he was billy big time. Despite this i actually don't think he should refund as he made it clear there was no guarentee. Yes he was a conduit towards the sale but quite frankly if you ever believed it was real then you were stupid/ naive and desperate in the first place.

DavidG : nothing more than a talented thief who somehow is now being allowed to peddle his goods. Remember, without people buying his goods he has no market, shame on everyone who still buys ANY item produced by him.

Shawn : A crook. Prepared to facilitate the biggest scammer of all time and then WELCOME his products into his shop just because DavidG is now going down a different route to market....Pathetic

And you all give NGF a hard time...

The Buyers : Gullible beyond belief,

Pre Orders for Jockey : Anyone who purchases this is adding fuel to the fire and perpetuating the DavidG scam, you should be ashamed

This place has no community spirit anymore, shame !

Best post of this thread.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Where's Mark at? Is he buying this conversion?

Reserved number 8?

Mark, buddy, didn't David rip you off, or are you still blaming me?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
What Jon is saying is absolutely true.

EVERYONE except BRANDI knew who the seller was.

And I'm not blaming BRANDI at all - he kept his word.

But had he known it was David, Shawn would have gotten his hands in David's pockets a lot sooner.

I'll admit, when you told me that if Shawn had know it was DavidG selling these games, he would have contacted and gone in business with him...I was a bit skeptical.

Shocked it actually happened...but, even more shocked that he'd been in contact with DavidG since last year.

BTW, Shawn, you still haven't answered my question:

During your dealings with DavidG, (since this is a planned/preorder release in your store) did he ever come clean about whether or not AF3 and PS2 were real?

Jon

PS: Mike, since you're here (and I have no way of contacting you) how many copies of PS2 were sold, and who were the buyers? (Besides Billy Pitt)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'll admit, when you told me that if Shawn had know it was DavidG selling these games, he would have contacted and gone in business with him...I was a bit skeptical.

Shocked it actually happened...but, even more shocked that he'd been in contact with DavidG since last year.

BTW, Shawn, you still haven't answered my question:

During your dealings with DavidG, (since this is a planned/preorder release in your store) did he ever come clean about whether or not AF3 and PS2 were real?

Jon

PS: Mike, since you're here (and I have no way of contacting you) how many copies of PS2 were sold, and who were the buyers? (Besides Billy Pitt)

1 Euro and 2 Dog Tag's were sold.

It's none of my business to out the other buyer.

I'd like to get my hands on one of these JGP carts to see how it stacks up. If PS2 is a fake, you guys better be scared to buy ANY cart.

As for Shawn, I told EVERYONE was was going to happen. Shawn is and always has been about money. He puts money before anything.

He's a crook with a candy shell. Are you guys seriously that naive to just let him waltz in and peddle a supposed scammer's goods?

Shawn has been making money off this guy since last August.

Some of you need to grow some fucking balls and say what's on your mind. You know this shit is wrong - it ruined me.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
So has anyone contacted that JRW Designs Group? Anyone going to pursue this any further or you just going to tell me to pay Chamane $5k which will never happen?

I tried reasoning with Fred, but he can't swallow his pride. I don't owe him anything. And I know there is shit going on behind the scenes which caused Fred to want a refund from David.

Hell, Shawn wanted Dion to come back here and bash David and I - then when Dion didn't do it, he got a "known scammer" badge.

Shawn is the one pulling the strings and you guys keep letting him.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
1 Euro and 2 Dog Tag's were sold.

It's none of my business to out the other buyer.

I'd like to get my hands on one of these JGP carts to see how it stacks up. If PS2 is a fake, you guys better be scared to buy ANY cart.

As for Shawn, I told EVERYONE was was going to happen. Shawn is and always has been about money. He puts money before anything.

He's a crook with a candy shell. Are you guys seriously that naive to just let him waltz in and peddle a supposed scammer's goods?

Shawn has been making money off this guy since last August.

Some of you need to grow some fucking balls and say what's on your mind. You know this shit is wrong - it ruined me.

At least we now know how many copies sold. Agreed that if the buyers want to come forward or not, it's their business.

I absolutely agree that we, as a site, need to put pressure on the administrator, Shawn, for getting into bed with DavidG. The fact that he's doing business with him after everything that has transpired is just ridiculous. The "but as long as people know they're fakes" argument just doesn't hold water.

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Oh, and just thought I'd add that I looked up that statue that you bought, Fred...Jesus fucking Christ....

If I'm EVER stupid enough to want to sell my collection of video games, I'd at least like to get something AWESOME like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_S2000

Not some fucking lousy statue....

Facepalm X 1 billion....:oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no::oh_no:

Jon

DangerousK

20 Year Member
So has anyone contacted that JRW Designs Group? Anyone going to pursue this any further or you just going to tell me to pay Chamane $5k which will never happen?

I tried reasoning with Fred, but he can't swallow his pride. I don't owe him anything. And I know there is shit going on behind the scenes which caused Fred to want a refund from David.

Hell, Shawn wanted Dion to come back here and bash David and I - then when Dion didn't do it, he got a "known scammer" badge.

Shawn is the one pulling the strings and you guys keep letting him.

This isn't a popular thing to say, but I can say that Mike was saying this about 7 or 8 years ago to me regarding Shawn. I think the proof is there now.

amaradona

Kabuki Klasher
I still think Tonk should refund the 5k to Chamane...
A seller and a middle man should stand behind the product...always.
Maybe Tonk thinks Chamane had a buyer remorse.
But it is not,he has been cheated.
Dont get me wrong I do respect Tonk for all he did the previous years and i think his peace of mind worth more than 5000 usd.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
I still think Tonk should refund the 5k to Chamane...
A seller and a middle man should stand behind the product...always.
Maybe Tonk thinks Chamane had a buyer remorse.
But it is not,he has been cheated.
Dont get me wrong I do respect Tonk for all he did the previous years and i think his peace of mind worth more than 5000 usd.

DavidG should have refunded the entire amount altogether.