New DavidG special - Jockey GP

TonK

Least Valuable Player
That's incorrect. When we spoke on the phone in April/May of last year, you stated he had 20+ copies of it and that you/him were going to release them for sale @ around $700 a piece. Then, when we spoke again (on the phone), the price shot up to $3/4K each.

I had no plans to release them. And I never saw them.

We had a rough estimate - David even told me I could HAVE the KOF2k's - but I couldn't release anything I didn't see or have.

Those numbers I told you were hypothetical and going off of what David had told me.

He claimed he had them.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I told quite a few members the same thing I told Kenny - including Jon, Wataru330, OrochiEddie, BonusKun, Neo Turf Masta and others.

I had no intentions of releasing them though. I even told Billy Pitt that he could have that deal because I didn't want to mess with them.

David has yet to show us any proof that they do exist.

amaradona

Kabuki Klasher
Finally,more lights on the whole story or debacle...
I predict very dark days for US AES collector...with a guy like David producing top notch converts...
I would advice Shawn to stay far from that guy,but I guess he wont listen...

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Mike, clearly still a lot of raw feeling for folks here - and now David G it seems.
I always had you marked as a stand up guy...

Mate, fuck Q&A's - if there are unresolved issues on your mind? unlimit yourself & breathe easy sir.
Your time here is more important (past, present & future) than dragging the weight of regret & grudges.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Mike, clearly still a lot of raw feeling for folks here - and now David G it seems.
I always had you marked as a stand up guy...

Mate, fuck Q&A's - if there are unresolved issues on your mind? unlimit yourself & breathe easy sir.
Your time here is more important (past, present & future) than dragging the weight of regret & grudges.

Only one person - David G.

He was smarter than me.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
When Chamane stepped forward, I nearly lost it.

Ask Mikhail and VanillaThunder.

Those were the two guys who told me to hang low, and vanish.

VanillaThunder suggested a lawyer.

Yep.

Tonk explained what was going on and that Chamane had become unhappy with his purchase.

I had nothing to do with any part of the transaction and it had been completed MONTHS before Tonk even told me about it. TBH, Every time Tonk tried getting into it, I repeatedly said "I don't want to know your business." That isn't being rude, it is what I say to EVERYONE and ANYONE whenever they try to talk to me about transactions.

I'm a firm believer that when you're in a hole, the best thing you can do is STOP DIGGING. Very rarely can anyone ever talk themselves out of trouble... but you can always talk yourself into more.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I never believed that, but it was the same story he told me.

Not to start shit, but I recall being told the story was a lie because he was stalling so he could find something. Not sure who said that.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Eh for whatever it is worth, I do believe Mike on this. We did talk a bit after everything happened, and I think he got suckered plain and simple.

I know people here think it's all a bunch of BS and how could that have happened to him of all people. I say go read about elaborate financial scams that bilk people out of thousands, or millions for that matter. It does happen to the best of us at times. People who are known for being very sharp make mistakes.

I find it humorous that the same people continue harping over Mike's involvement, haven't directed much outrage towards DavidG, and now seem to think because what Shawn is selling has been labeled as repros, it's ok. It's only a matter of time before higher priced US AES carts start getting dumped into the market via private sales. The sad thing is that I wouldn't touch the US AES market with a 10 foot pole because it's obvious DavidG knows how to produce the highest quality AES bootlegs/reproductions that have ever been made.

What's done is done at this point. If your anger towards Mike has to do with trying to protect the Neo scene, then try redirecting that anger towards !Arcade! 2.0.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Oh shit, it's gonna get deep in here

VQK0iE8.jpg

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Eh for whatever it is worth, I do believe Mike on this. We did talk a bit after everything happened, and I think he got suckered plain and simple.

I know people here think it's all a bunch of BS and how could that have happened to him of all people. I say go read about elaborate financial scams that bilk people out of thousands, or millions for that matter. It does happen to the best of us at times. People who are known for being very sharp make mistakes.

I find it humorous that the same people continue harping over Mike's involvement, haven't directed much outrage towards DavidG, and now seem to think because what Shawn is selling has been labeled as repros, it's ok. It's only a matter of time before higher priced US AES carts start getting dumped into the market via private sales. The sad thing is that I wouldn't touch the US AES market with a 10 foot pole because it's obvious DavidG knows how to produce the highest quality AES bootlegs/reproductions that have ever been made.

What's done is done at this point. If your anger towards Mike has to do with trying to protect the Neo scene, then try redirecting that anger towards !Arcade! 2.0.

thats about right.

after all the shit. that has happened. how is it that of all the people involved davidg comes out smelling like a rose? tonk knows his rep is dead. but how is dg even allowed to continue to make money in the scene. i hope all 20 copies of that extremely limited cart dont sell at all.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

Exactly! Instead of taking away an outlet for DavidG to continue operation, Shawn has welcomed it with open arms, now that he's getting a cut.

Last edited:

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
Are you going to address the fact you have no rights to the IP and are bootlegging the game? I have to admit, I hope BrezzaSoft sues you.

If BrezzaSoft would be willing to make a run of English only home carts then I’d gladly support and partner with them. Unfortunately, BrezzaSoft ceased to exist as its own entity a dozen or so years ago and SNKP abandoned the NeoGeo nearly a decade ago.

As a part of its efforts to reestablish its presence in the gaming market, Playmore purchased Brezzasoft and renamed it SNK NeoGeo Corp, giving the company an internal game development team.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNK_Playmore

Man, this is straight-up counterfeiting. The legal rights to this game are with SNK Playmore.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
thats about right.

after all the shit. that has happened. how is it that of all the people involved davidg comes out smelling like a rose? tonk knows his rep is dead. but how is dg even allowed to continue to make money in the scene. i hope all 20 copies of that extremely limited cart dont sell at all.

I agree.

People will argue that it is only fitting Tonk's reputation is ruined because he was the one who allowed this to happen. But I feel that is wishful thinking, as had it not been Tonk, DavidG would have found someone else to front all his stuff. Shawn's doing it now, so it's obvious that there is always someone else. Probably the only thing DavidG learned from the AF3 and PS2 deal is he's better off doing a larger run of titles and labeling them as repros that sell for less money this way it keeps everything from exploding into a massive shitstorm.

Plus, there may only be 20 copies of Jockey being sold, but what is to stop DavidG from deciding to do a run of some more if all of them sell out?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Plus, there may only be 20 copies of Jockey being sold, but what is to stop DavidG from deciding to do a run of some more if all of them sell out?

I think getting those 20 copies all sold will take awhile. There are also other carts that can be repro'd that he can make a small run for, too (like US KOF 2000). It's probably not worth it for him in the long run to keep making batches of the same game (or at least, this shitty Jockey game). Pick several titles, make a 30k run on each batch that you spend $1k-$2k in parts, you've made yourself some serious money. Less drama surrounding your shitty lies regarding SNK employees, printing plates, chip designing, and being BMW motor-less when you decide to charge 30k per single cart.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I think this has gone on long enough. I hope you guys can end it.

I've been saying for 13 years that Shawn is all about money. As long as he is making money, there's no issue.

Wake the fuck up.

And I hope none of you get yourself involved in something as stupid as I did. And what's even more fucked up? There isn't a shred of proof that the games are real or fake.

Believe me, money isn't everything - and NONE of you would have turned down the offer. It wasn't worth it.

I'm not proud of it.

I wish it never happened.

I know my time here is over. I made my own choices and have to live with them. But I can't blame any of you for thinking the way you did.

For what it's worth, I'm sorry.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
There isn't a shred of proof that the games are real or fake.

If there was any doubt left that AF3 and PS2 were fake I think that's over now with JGP.

Im just stunned after what Davidg has done that he is being handed an outlet to peddle his bootlegs. Instead of supporting this shit why don't you support what shadowkn was doing with those MVS shells Shawn? That was a worthwhile endeavor.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
I think getting those 20 copies all sold will take awhile. There are also other carts that can be repro'd that he can make a small run for, too (like US KOF 2000). It's probably not worth it for him in the long run to keep making batches of the same game (or at least, this shitty Jockey game). Pick several titles, make a 30k run on each batch that you spend $1k-$2k in parts, you've made yourself some serious money. Less drama surrounding your shitty lies regarding SNK employees, printing plates, chip designing, and being BMW motor-less when you decide to charge 30k per single cart.

I would say the goal is to move 15, the last 5 will go quickly because that dwindling number always has an effect on people who are on the fence. "OMG, I might miss out!"

I know there are at least 20 dumb fucks on this planet that will pay $1500 for this "game", and I use that term loosely because the video I watched of it was pathetic. On your war room map, just stick pins into France. That's always the main target for selling stuff. They've proven over the years that they are unable to contain themselves when it comes to trying to be the last man standing on most Neo exclusive items, no matter how shitty said items are.

The Neo scene makes me lol because of the amount of people willing to pay $400 or more for reproduction AES carts. I mean jesus christ, paying for something that you know to be fake is astounding.

If I were DavidG, I'd probably focus on doing high quality reproductions of the rarer US AES carts once the MVS stuff runs out. Hell do Japan to.