New DavidG special - Jockey GP

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I expect there to be no bitching about NG DEV Team prices from now on.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
At the bare minimum, all this has done is commit 100% to AF3 and PS2 to being created in the same matter and thus ends the debacle.

They are repro's, not like it was really ever in question for the past few months. Shawn can say he suggested AF3 be sold in the same manner but that doesn't mean shit.

Shawn tried to answer the backlash from selling DavidG's shit in the store as a favor to make sure a refund could be made.

Now, you're still trying to pawn off a REPO at a huge markup. So what's your excuse now? Cause to me it looks like just an opportunity for you to make some cash since those SSD's and Magic Card ain't selling quite like you thought.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If all of these sell, will Top Blade V for Crystal System finally make it out?

I mean, you guys heard BreezaSoft is back in business, right?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
At the bare minimum, all this has done is commit 100% to AF3 and PS2 to being created in the same matter and thus ends the debacle.

They are repro's, not like it was really ever in question for the past few months. Shawn can say he suggested AF3 be sold in the same manner but that doesn't mean shit.

Shawn tried to answer the backlash from selling DavidG's shit in the store as a favor to make sure a refund could be made.

Now, you're still trying to pawn off a REPO at a huge markup. So what's your excuse now? Cause to me it looks like just an opportunity for you to make some cash since those SSD's and Magic Card ain't selling quite like you thought.

Shawn doesn't care. He wanted his hands in David's pockets for a long time. He couldn't stand to see someone else making money off of something he could have had in his lap.

Wouldn't be surprised if he paid Chamane to say the game was fake and cause all that shit.

Hopefully this stunt opens some of the more intelligent members minds a bit - maybe they can piece this all together.

I haven't spoken to David since July of last year. He destroyed my reputation and you guys let him.

Got a text about this today and had to see it with my own eyes.

Shawn

snkusa.com

Dear Glacius (that was my 2nd best/favorite KI toon back when I worked at the arcade):
Many of us like seeing new products made for the NeoGeo console, when it’s done in a way that sustains and even supports a collectible market without negative repercussions to the hobby. Making what you refer to as REPO (reproductions I assume), and selling them as SNK authentic by misleading/confusing hobbyists is what none of us condone and do consider detrimental.

Strikers 1945, Ganryu, Super Dodgeball, and Prehistoric Isle 2 home cart productions were never officially released on home cartridge, and those particular unofficial AES productions that were sold through the NeoStore while SNK was restructuring, all remain solid collectibles, rarely surface for resale, and have appreciated 2 to 3+ fold from their release price. Those aforementioned unofficial home cart productions have not negatively affected the value or collectability of official home carts in any way that I’m aware of, and I don’t anticipate any negative consequences to this hobby or its market from the imminent availability of an unofficial JGP home cart.

If I was under the impression that JPG AES would be the catalyst to the fall of the collectability & monetary value of its closest relative, SNK official US Stakes Winner AES, then by golly, I’d be fighting tooth and nail to see that as many people as possible knew that JPG AES was the devil. But that’s just not the case. I want a copy of JPG AES for my collection, yet I did not want a copy of US AF3 AES for $30k, but I would have paid perhaps up to $2k knowing what it was (I posted that publicly during the AF3/TonK fallout), and I suspect that another 20+ collectors would have done the same without regrets.

If someone could do a better job with making JGP available on AES, then don’t you think they would have done so by now? I fully expect JPG AES to sell out at the set retail price (perhaps before it’s even released), all of the owners to be completely satisfied, and the resale value to ascend over time.

About your attack on SSDs and MTG: FYI, for the initial years that the NeoStore sold SLC SSDs (during the infancy of the SSD boom), those brief years far exceeded the best years for the Neo in terms of gross revenue for the NeoStore. Back when the world’s fastest SLC SSDs were selling for $30/GB, it was common place to have single orders break the $10k mark and occasionally even the 6 figure mark as there simply wasn't much competition back then. It was not a mistake to sell SSDs, but I knew it would be short lived as I anticipated large companies such as Intel and Samsung to eventually enter the market with their products. Now there are < 50 new SSDs in stock and that venture was essentially phased out some time ago.

Magic cards on the other hand, the problem isn’t selling them, it’s buying that poses the challenge. You can always sell professionally graded and sealed vintage magic for top market price, but you can’t always buy them and chances are close to 100% that you’ll pay more than you did just months prior. Even the lowest offer I’ve received on the PSA/DNA 10 Alpha Lotus exceeds the highest recorded home cart sale, but I’m not interesting in selling just yet. Eventually there will be a large section of magic listed on the NeoStore, but with prices for vintage magic doubling once every other year, I think it would be prudent to wait for at least another double or triple before cashing out.

For now, magic serves as a gallery for the NeoStore, to draw some traffic and has also has served to bring some deals my way. I’ve actually had two or could have been three WotC employees contact the NeoStore asking for quotes for their cards, such as employee only Fraternal Exaltation and Splendid Genesis, so no regrets with magic either. Well, to be completely honest, the only regrets I have for magic are for those cards I’ve sold, and that’s a fact! The biggest blunder that comes to mind is selling two Alpha booster boxes (72 packs total) for what was better than market price at the time but far less than the $2k+/pack they would fetch now.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Shawn, the problem isnt so much that its a game being released on the home system that never had an official release. The problem is:

A: You doing deals with someone accused of a felony.

B: He does do fantastic work but by gouging people, your encouraging him and other bootleggers to make high quality fakes of officially released games and passing them off as the real thing too for profit.

It basically looks like you sold out and your letting him use your rep to expand his little boot legging business. There is nothing cute or innocent about what is being done here.

Last edited:

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
HActually, the way this JGP AES release is being handled is exactly how I had suggested that US AF3 AES should have been, "Advertised as unofficial, numbered, and a realistic price point..." and I had stated this on more than one occasion during the AF3/TonK fallout.
Completely agreed, that's excatly the way this stuff should be marketed... too bad David choosed the wrong way with his 2 previous releases :annoyed:

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
AtxvMDa.jpg

jesus tapdancing christ :lolz:

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
. He destroyed my reputation and you guys let him.

You destroyed your reputation by selling that off for $40K.
You decided not to pay back what you took by telling and writing lies.

Shawn

snkusa.com
B: He does do fantastic work but by gouging people, your encouraging him and other bootleggers to make high quality fakes of officially released games and passing them off as the real thing too for profit.

I assume you're referring to AF3 and PS2 because JGP is not a reproduction of any official SNK home cart and I don't see it being confused as such. I do see your concern, but everyone knows who's making this item and it is the best and only option for anyone that wants said item, which includes myself. I can't control what other people may do behind the scene but I most certainly stand behind what is being represented in the NeoStore.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lads...

All this to'ing and fro is pointless... a few facts:

1) The game has NEVER been advertised as genuine... unlike some other peoples releases...
2) ANYONE who wants to buy the game has the NeoStore behind the transaction...

... the bitchin about the relative morals and so forth of selling this game is grating on my nerves...

There's LOTS of weird stuffs in the selling forums which the lads would have to stamp on if you applied all the logic that's been applied in this thread...

I would say... let that be an end to it... but hey... this is NG.com...

xROTx

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Money!
Money changes everything.
It makes good people doing bad things.
It can change your ideals; how you judge everything and everyone.
And obviously nobody is immune to its power.

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Shawn doesn't care. He wanted his hands in David's pockets for a long time. He couldn't stand to see someone else making money off of something he could have had in his lap.

Wouldn't be surprised if he paid Chamane to say the game was fake and cause all that shit.

Hopefully this stunt opens some of the more intelligent members minds a bit - maybe they can piece this all together.

I haven't spoken to David since July of last year. He destroyed my reputation and you guys let him.

Shawn did not paid me to say this .
Brandi , 8- man , wolf and me know that AF 3 is fake .(the 4 real buyers of the game) .
All the people in this forum know that you did not refund anyone .
You know what ?
You are not a legendary member .Just a legendary scammer .
Now , buy you a life and take care of your family . Espèce de gros sac à merde .

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member

shawn is not the unintelligent dickhead in this

I also find it amusing how Rot's criticism of you gets so under your skin. as obvious as your distaste for his modship is, you at least realize his opinion carries weight with members

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
The following serial #s have been reserved:

I'll give you two guesses who reserved number 8....

Jon

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Strikers 1945, Ganryu, Super Dodgeball, and Prehistoric Isle 2 home cart productions were never officially released on home cartridge, and those particular unofficial AES productions that were sold through the NeoStore while SNK was restructuring, all remain solid collectibles, rarely surface for resale, and have appreciated 2 to 3+ fold from their release price. Those aforementioned unofficial home cart productions have not negatively affected the value or collectability of official home carts in any way that I’m aware of, and I don’t anticipate any negative consequences to this hobby or its market from the imminent availability of an unofficial JGP home cart.

If I was under the impression that JPG AES would be the catalyst to the fall of the collectability & monetary value of its closest relative, SNK official US Stakes Winner AES, then by golly, I’d be fighting tooth and nail to see that as many people as possible knew that JPG AES was the devil. But that’s just not the case. I want a copy of JPG AES for my collection, yet I did not want a copy of US AF3 AES for $30k, but I would have paid perhaps up to $2k knowing what it was (I posted that publicly during the AF3/TonK fallout), and I suspect that another 20+ collectors would have done the same without regrets.

If someone could do a better job with making JGP available on AES, then don’t you think they would have done so by now? I fully expect JPG AES to sell out at the set retail price (perhaps before it’s even released), all of the owners to be completely satisfied, and the resale value to ascend over time.

So, it's cool cause you're okay paying the asking price? And because no man on earth has been able to reproduce it until now? Don't you think that if the sales for AF3, PS2 went off with out a hitch that this wasn't coming next? So now they've turned to being described as unofficial (repro's). Regardless of your defense, again all this sounds like is you're okay with allowing a known scammer to operate out of the NeoStore provided, it's something you want and can make money on and the provider of goods regardless of previous dealings agrees to the description of the items.

I honestly have no skin in this game, I don't collect AES never have and probably never will. You wanna make money outta your website and that's fine. I just have a problem with your reasoning and I feel like questioning it.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
He destroyed my reputation and you guys let him.

I could have sworn that TonK destroyed his own reputation by siding with DavidG in the first place...I also wasn't aware that people were supposed to tell TonK that hiding away with thousands of dollars made through misinformation was a bad idea before he committed to that...I guess we should have been very helpful sheep instead.

But then again, the TonK that yelled at all those scammers in the past would have been mad at us if we did do that wouldn't he have?

silverstar

New Challenger
How did this game come about? Was it made per the request of the Neo Store, or did DavidG already have the game in his storeroom and approach you about it?

Last edited:

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
Can pre-orders be expected & 20 sales even counted on?
From what I remember (of the MVS kit) it's a horrible game.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
How did this game come about? Was it made per the request of the Neo Store, or did DavidG already have the game in his storeroom and approach you about it?

See, that's a good question...

I would also ask Shawn how long/why have you been in contact with DavidG? Also, if this is in fact being MADE for the Neo Store, did he finally come clean about making AF3 and PS2?

Jon