Scrolls beta - Mojang

lions3

Igniz's Servent
The beta just went live for this online collectible card game.

As an original MTG player, i'm more than a little excited about it. Anyone else?

https://scrolls.com/

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Yeah I've been waiting for this to come out for such a long time now. I bought it earlier when the store (finally) came up. I'm going to start with the Energy precon deck.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Game looks pretty awesome.

A little Magic The Gathering combined with field strategy.

I hope this gets a console port in the future.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I hope this gets a console port in the future.

They said in interviews that console ports aren't a definite no, but they want to keep the entire player base together. MS for example, only lets xbox players play with other xbox players.

It is expected to hit tablets though in addition to the current Win, Linux and soon Mac support.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Lions have you been playing? I ended up buying all 3 starter decks and I really like playing order so far. We should get some games in if you're down.
My IGN is borderline11.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The game looks cool, but all these card games use micro-transactions to get the good cards. Is this game going to be the same way?

cannonball

15 Year Member
The game looks cool, but all these card games use micro-transactions to get the good cards. Is this game going to be the same way?

The game is $20 and you can get all the cards with gold you get from playing.

You can spend real money but it's very limited. For instance you can't buy random scrolls or booster packs with real money, just 6 face up scrolls that cycle every week. And even those you can buy with gold.