Football Rumours

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I like Dempsey as a player, he scored a lot of important goals for Spurs and due to Mr. Bale's swansong positioning (anywhere upfront), Clint often only came on as a Sub.

His goal tally was better then twice that of Adebayor and his link up play more rewarding then Defoe's.
He's wasted in the North-West Pacific, but I wish him well in Seattle, I know the weathers close enough to London.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I like Dempsey as a player, he scored a lot of important goals for Spurs and due to Mr. Bale's swansong positioning (anywhere upfront), Clint often only came on as a Sub.

His goal tally was better then twice that of Adebayor and his link up play more rewarding then Defoe's.
He's wasted in the North-West Pacific, but I wish him well in Seattle, I know the weathers close enough to London.

Me too. I hope I won't be pissing anyone off here by saying this, but...I really really dislike Bale now. Not a team player in my eyes and his theatrics are headache-inducing. Is he really worth that much?

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Anji Makhachkala

Looks like the entire squard of Anji Makhachkala is up for sale,Anzhi have failed to win any of their first four matches in the Russian league, despite spending more than £50m during the close season on players including Aleksandr Kokorin, Igor Denisov and Christopher Samba.not to mention Samuel Eto'o the highest earner in ther club could be heading to the premier league,

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
It's not really rumor any more but anyone have any thoughts about Deuce's move from the Yids to Seattle?

disappointing really. He left Fulham because he wanted to play 'Champions League football'. Definitely a backward step going back to MLS

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Looks like the entire squard of Anji Makhachkala is up for sale,Anzhi have failed to win any of their first four matches in the Russian league, despite spending more than £50m during the close season on players including Aleksandr Kokorin, Igor Denisov and Christopher Samba.not to mention Samuel Eto'o the highest earner in ther club could be heading to the premier league,

Even Eto'o is going? Whoa!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
last minute movement

Bale -> Madrid
Ozil -> Arsenal
Kaka -> Milan
Fellaini -> Manchester
Lukaku -> Everton

Thoughts: Arsenal are the biggest winner on the last day of the transfer window. Total wow signing.

Manchester Utd just got a lot more physical with Fellaini.

Chelsea have Torres and Etoo as their strike force. Top scorer will probably be Lampard or Ivanovic.

It's possible that other transfers might surface by tomorrow. Heavy rumors that Mata was going to be sold to PSG.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Me and lot of Arsenal fans are very happy with this signing and quite right Ozil is a great player, however there is no escaping the fact that we have splashed the cash on a player that plays in a position that Arsenal are already quite strong in, with Cazorla and Wilshere. It would have been better for them to sign one good defender and a striker for £20 million a piece.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Wenger did a great job getting Ozil, while Moyes gets Fellaini! Oh this is sweet.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Me and lot of Arsenal fans are very happy with this signing and quite right Ozil is a great player, however there is no escaping the fact that we have splashed the cash on a player that plays in a position that Arsenal are already quite strong in, with Cazorla and Wilshere. It would have been better for them to sign one good defender and a striker for £20 million a piece.

This was the critical position that Arsenal needed - a replacement for Arteta, who wasn't very good.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Don't get me wrong, Ozil is a world class signing by us but to be honest, he is a player we least needed Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott, Ox, Rosicky, Ramsey, Arteta We don't need an attacking midfielder, we need a defensive midfielder, to centre-halves and a striker. If Giroud gets injured now then we don't have ANYONE.

Arsene Wenger promised he would only spend money on top quality - and he has. Ozil is a fantastic player and will be a great addition to our team, it's got to be the best group of midfielders in the premiership.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
well done to Arsenal. The Bale circus aside, this was easily the best transfer of the summer

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, Ozil is a world class signing by us but to be honest, he is a player we least needed Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott, Ox, Rosicky, Ramsey, Arteta We don't need an attacking midfielder, we need a defensive midfielder, to centre-halves and a striker. If Giroud gets injured now then we don't have ANYONE.

Arsene Wenger promised he would only spend money on top quality - and he has. Ozil is a fantastic player and will be a great addition to our team, it's got to be the best group of midfielders in the premiership.

There is always a position to fill. If Arsenal picked up Benzema too, people would have complained that they didn't get a defender/goalkeeper. Walcott has played striker plenty more than he has midfielder. And let's not forget that Sanogo is there.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
If Arsenal could have signed Di Maria and Benzema or at least Demba Ba on loan from Chelsea that would have been the proverbial icing on the cake for me.

We have Flamini back, Viviano on loan from Palermo, Sanogo and of course Ozil, not a bad bit of business in the transfer window by all mean's.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If Arsenal could have signed Di Maria and Benzema or at least Demba Ba on loan from Chelsea that would have been the proverbial icing on the cake for me.

We have Flamini back, Viviano on loan from Palermo, Sanogo and of course Ozil, not a bad bit of business in the transfer window by all mean's.

Demba Ba is not an answer for Arsenal. It's an answer for Newcastle. Giroud and Podolski are on higher levels than Ba.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Demba Ba is not an answer for Arsenal. It's an answer for Newcastle. Giroud and Podolski are on higher levels than Ba.

As Podolski is injured at the moment I think as a short term replacement Demba Ba would have been ideal for Arsenal.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
As Podolski is injured at the moment I think as a short term replacement Demba Ba would have been ideal for Arsenal.

Feel the same way slightly. Overall though, Ozil is magnificent business. It's true that we've got a wealth of midfielders, but like all Competitions, it's an endurance race, not a sprint. Arteta will tire, and so will Cazorla, and injuries will always occur (Ox, Wilshere, and yes, Rosicky is prone to injury), so I feel like the move gives us more teeth when injuries begin to mount. I think Flamini fillls in my CDM complaints for the time being, but yes, a CB would've been nice. Finally, a signing for the Gunners worth praising about.

By the way, any thoughts from you all about Giroud's development? It's early yes, but I feel like he's starting to gain a handle on his T.O.P. bar for goals. :P

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
By the way, any thoughts from you all about Giroud's development? It's early yes, but I feel like he's starting to gain a handle on his T.O.P. bar for goals. :P

If he can start producing away from the Emirates, I'll be happy.

Naika

Street Hoop Star

So true. All of his scoring has been at London. I'm noticing that he's not as much of a pushover in the box as he was when he started last year, so cross your fingers!

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder

I don't think Giroud is going to have much trouble now with scoring away from home this season.

The arrival of Ozil will leave Arsenal with a core trio of world class midfielders including Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla.

All three are extremely effective breaking into the opponent’s half of the field, mounting pressure over the opposition and generally causing chaos inside the opponent’s defensive third.

If only we shot outside the box a bit more often would suit me fine.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I heard it was three months too, but if he does come back that quick, that'd be stellar!!!

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
City's new central defender Martin Demichelis injured, out for six weeks. That's fantastic...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
City's new central defender Martin Demichelis injured, out for six weeks. That's fantastic...

he was only meant to be a sub for Nastastic/Kompany/Lescott. Seriously low on the pecking order.

Besides, Richards is back for the Stoke game.