The JP NG Games Co-operative Translation Thread....

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Meh, you guys over there are to sensitive.

I suppose if any of you ever visit me here and I offered you a toasted Coon sandwich it wouldn't go down too well? :D

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d093ac2598d6.jpg

lol. Over here, Candy and snack foods are so UN-PC.

-----

300.jpg

images

negro.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Your opinion.

That's not to say others aren't keen to play them, whether they're epic Neo releases or not is beside the point. I think what Rot is attempting here is excellent and I encourage him to follow this all the way to the end - he has my full support.

I am definitely keen to experience English translations of "shitty" quiz games.

Better go read up trivia knowledge about japanese actors and shows from the 1960's then, we don't want you to fail at these games ;)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i say we bring wyndcrosser in on this. it was his idea after all.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Better go read up trivia knowledge about japanese actors and shows from the 1960's then, we don't want you to fail at these games ;)

I actually have a pretty fair knowledge of Pinku-Eiga, Nikkatsu, etc, so I should be orright... Anyway, there is something intriguing about the Quiz games, I really do hope this eventuates.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lads...

I'm having issues... I'm downloading teh rom files... some of them need to be converted into ISO's and burnt off... I assume we can get the code from there...

Eerr... I'm not a rom hoe by any stretch of the imagination...

Would it better if I just found the mame files? I have NO fuckin idea...

xROTx

PS. HHHHHHHHEEEEEELLLPPPPPP@!!!:D

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Most of the JAP only games aren't even worth translating nor playing unless you really like Mahjong or shitty quiz games.
I wouldn't waste my time or money on this if I were you.

I can;t answer that about whether I want to play Mahjong or Quiz games... as I can't at the moment so do not know how enjoyable they may be. There must be some reason why they are both hugely popular genres in Japan, so why can't we see for ourselves as well.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Lads...

I'm having issues... I'm downloading teh rom files... some of them need to be converted into ISO's and burnt off... I assume we can get the code from there...

Eerr... I'm not a rom hoe by any stretch of the imagination...

Would it better if I just found the mame files? I have NO fuckin idea...

xROTx

PS. HHHHHHHHEEEEEELLLPPPPPP@!!!:D

Rot, I have all the ROMs... never heard of them needing to be ISOs though...

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
some of them need to be converted into ISO's and burnt off...

Weird, but if ISOs are involved, try using a virtual drive program, like Magic Disc. No CD-Rs or physical disc drives needed.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
you only need iso's for the CD exclusive titles + all the roms are already dumped in their entirety - even the korean variants iirc...

I did have a quick look at the quiz king of fighters game a while back as that had a korean language version, which is also dumped in mame (so hopefully you could diff it to find text + graphic blocks) - if I was u guys I'd take a look at that one first (plus it looks like a good laff that game :))

\o_

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Has anyone contacted the group that translated Mother 3? They did a really good job and even created a program that switches out all the in game text to english. It might be worth seeing if they have any pointers on the general process...

Marek

Banned
Am I the only one waiting for Deuce's reaction to this?

No matter how it unfolds I will lol over and over.

Marek

Banned
I'm offended.

It should be JP, not JAP.

JAP is an ethnic slur.

JP is the accepted shortening of Japan/Japanese.

We're not talking about the people who built the fucking railroads here, Walter!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK Lads... i'm a slow burner....

Now teh recent drama has died down.... back to business...

I have some files which i need hosting OUTSIDE of the forums servers for various reasons.... ANYONE willing to oblige...

xROTx

PS. I will need access to these files so i can sorta distribute them to certain people....

Ok lads...

It's been a while... but as a forum.. we can pull together... and do something worth while...

Kabob started this off... HERE! ... and I wish to see if it's possible...

The aim is to translate into ENGLISH the non english Neo geo titles...

We will need:

1) To dump the Non-English only games...
2) Tranlsate the text
3) Reprogram the code to reflect:

TEXT
AUDIO
GRAPHIC

4) Burn the roms again into a format we can use...

Look lads... I just want to see if this is possible and if some of the guys here would help us the fook out...

There are some issues...

A) Funding... we may need donations to pay said programmers AND possibly to negotiate rights issues.
B) We need fully dedicated people... you will be rewarded with cash or sex... maybe both...

If there's ANYTHING that you can contribute... be it information... Constructive posts... and maybe even cash...

Please post it in this thread...

xROTx

PS. I'm in chat almost constantly... either pop in and see me... or leave a message with anyone who's there... if you find that easier...

:D

aclbandit

Another Striker
Late to the party here (thanks for the noob bump!), but if this is still happening, I can help out with some translation in my free time. Can't do shitloads or anything, but I'm totally willing to do what I can.