The JP NG Games Co-operative Translation Thread....

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I am in full support of english versions of the Quiz Daisousasen series.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
I don't know what it's like in the UK, but here in the USA calling a Japanese person a JAP or using it in ANY context is the same as using the the N word.

Thinking that must be a Cincinnati, OH thing.

Anyway I think as someone already mentioned KickStarter would be the way to go then mail out the news outlets like kotaku etc see if they will post it. Hell I'll throw down a few towards it.

GL

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rot pal,

I can contribute funds.

And with regards to translations, let's chat about how much text we're talking about. I have a pretty close pal from school who's the founder/owner of an English school based in Japan. They have about 3 locations now and are especially good at conversational Japanese-to-English translations.

Check em out.

http://www.jabble.jp/

If this looks like something that could work, let me know (in chat or wherever) and I can solicit the idea with Kelly.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
A friend of mine is a native speaker and did the translation for Disgaea 2. She can handle the translations no problem but I don't know how much she'll want to be paid.

aria

Former Moderator
This is so disorganized I don't think anything is going to come of it now. Oh well.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I don't know what it's like in the UK, but here in the USA calling a Japanese person a JAP or using it in ANY context is the same as using the the N word.

Meh, you guys over there are to sensitive.

I suppose if any of you ever visit me here and I offered you a toasted Coon sandwich it wouldn't go down too well? :D

d093ac2598d6.jpg

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
ok seriously guys.
first off STFUUUU about the JAP/JP thing. that alone is derailing this thread to the point that no one is taking it seriously.
second, for being such a tight knit community of collectors and enthusiasts and gamers focused around this console, the simple fact that we DONT have the small number of japanese only titles in the neo library already translated into english already is absolutely absurd. nes, snes, genny etc. have tons of translations for many text have rpg titles and everything else you could ever want.
we need to get this done, i as usual cannot offer any skills or time, but money i can definitely do.
here is another vote towards seeing the Quiz titles in english.
Rot, you might want to start another thread since this one got crapped on.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Todd's troll was a slam dunk

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rot, If we want more commitment on funding... why don't we look at setting up a Kickstarter Project.

Seconded. Beat me to it. I've had a mate raise over 30k for his own project on Kickstarter.

This is such a great idea. I'd love to be able to finally understand the NG Quiz games.

Good luck!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi Lads... Thanks for the repiles...

PLEASE keep this on topic... Let's say... I'll be sorta unhappy if you derail this thread and start wielding the abuse of power feeling on your arses...

As Kabob said... it seems disorganised... but that's the way NG.com is...

Here's what i plan to do NEXT:

1) Make a list of JP only NG.com titles...
2) Ask if some nice members who have these games to DUMP just ONE of these games for me... if you can't do it yourself... I have friends who can...
3) I will ask some guys in chat who know about programming to tell me what the next step will be...

So lads... I just need ONE JP NG.com dumped and the code forwarded to me please...

That's step ONE!

Thanks for you co-operation....

xROTx

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Rot, to save you a job... here is the list for you...

ROM
Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
Mahjong Bakatonosama Manyuki
Mahjong Janshin Densetsu
Mahjong Kyoretsuden
Minnasano Okagesamadesu
Quiz Daisousa Sen
Quiz King of Fighters
Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo
Shogi no Tatsujin
Samurai Spirits Zero Special (I don't think the cut scenes are available in English)
Shogi no Tatsujin

CD Only
ADK Special
Chotetsi Bri'kinger (Ironclad has been translated on the Wii Virtual Console)
Idol Mahjong Final Romance 2
King of Fighters 96 Collection
Neo Geo CD Special
Samurai Spirits RPG

With the Samurai Spirits RPG, there is a guy on YouTube that claims to have very nearly completed the translation already. Apparantly he used to be on here so somene may no him...

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
That's that one kid, did it years ago, pretty much to say noone else could have it. Fucking Jap!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
CD Only
ADK Special
Chotetsi Bri'kinger (Ironclad has been translated on the Wii Virtual Console)
Idol Mahjong Final Romance 2
King of Fighters 96 Collection
Neo Geo CD Special
Samurai Spirits RPG

Zintrick/Okidashi Zentrix is CD-exclusive and JPN-only as well. Dunno if there's a lot of stuff to translate, though.

Has Crossed Swords 2 been released in Europe/US?

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I did look at both of them as you are right they are both Japanese CD only releases but both appear to be already in English so they do not need to be on the list...

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Ok lads...

It's been a while... but as a forum.. we can pull together... and do something worth while...

Kabob started this off... HERE! ... and I wish to see if it's possible...

The aim is to translate into ENGLISH the non english Neo geo titles...

We will need:

1) To dump the Non-English only games...
2) Tranlsate the text
3) Reprogram the code to reflect:

TEXT
AUDIO
GRAPHIC

4) Burn the roms again into a format we can use...

Look lads... I just want to see if this is possible and if some of the guys here would help us the fook out...

There are some issues...

A) Funding... we may need donations to pay said programmers AND possibly to negotiate rights issues.
B) We need fully dedicated people... you will be rewarded with cash or sex... maybe both...

If there's ANYTHING that you can contribute... be it information... Constructive posts... and maybe even cash...

Please post it in this thread...

xROTx

PS. I'm in chat almost constantly... either pop in and see me... or leave a message with anyone who's there... if you find that easier...

Brilliant idea man, I know I'd love to see chess in English, or at least Engrish. I have no idea how to play by the way (never learned) but for the Neo, I would.

Reminds me of the stuff the guys over at Super Fighter Team have done.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rot, whats happening next...?

I'm currently getting a few games dumped Roger pal... if you can dump one quicker than let me know...

xROTx

PS. I also need to host it somewhere so people can have access to the codes... eerr... NOT on NG.com coms servers... EVAR! Cuz that may prove a tad to scary in terms of legal wotsits...

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Can you not just decompile the MAME ROMs...?

You are more than welcome to stick them on the NeoGeoSoft server... :D
I can setup a shared folder and FTP access to whomever you want.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Can you not just decompile the MAME ROMs...?

I was considering this... and NTM pointed out they're basically the same thing as the dumps... I may get both..

You are more than welcome to stick them on the NeoGeoSoft server... :D
I can setup a shared folder and FTP access to whomever you want.

Roger... thx man... I prob will take you up on that pal..

I'm just waiting on teh replies... these things take time... and i'm a patient man:)

xROTx

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Yep I know you are.. but you want to keep momentum up and especially at the beginning to get people involved.

I know a few guys who might be able to help with the programming as well... i'll drop them a message.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Most of the JAP only games aren't even worth translating nor playing unless you really like Mahjong or shitty quiz games.
I wouldn't waste my time or money on this if I were you.

Oh and btw: that samsho rpg video above is from deuce and it's also his youtube account :lolz:

Last edited:

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
A noble idea but I foresee some conversion guys already rubbing their hands with glee and picture themselves earning much money with your work.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Most of the JAP only games aren't even worth translating nor playing unless you really like Mahjong or shitty quiz games.
I wouldn't waste my time or money on this if I were you.

Your opinion.

That's not to say others aren't keen to play them, whether they're epic Neo releases or not is beside the point. I think what Rot is attempting here is excellent and I encourage him to follow this all the way to the end - he has my full support.

I am definitely keen to experience English translations of "shitty" quiz games.