SNK Playmore is hiring 3D game designers for new projects

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Sent my application in for the Art position <fingers crossed> . But I heard it's really tough to get a job as a non-japanese artist outside of Japan, at any studio there...
We'll see how it goes.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I like the idea if this being like an international celebration but hate that they are abandoning those wonderful sprites.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Can't wait to see what kind of game would be the end result.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
I'm expecting something like Xuan Dou Zhi Wang or the new Guilty Gear Xrd with 3D characters but keeping that 2D looks which looks awesome in those games

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'm expecting something like Xuan Dou Zhi Wang or the new Guilty Gear Xrd with 3D characters but keeping that 2D looks which looks awesome in those games

Yeah either would be a nice approach. Since this is the 20th, I wonder if this will this be a straight sequel or is this gonna another reboot with only 20 something characters. I honestly think they should try to hammer out at least one more game with the current sprites before moving on.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Yeah either would be a nice approach. Since this is the 20th, I wonder if this will this be a straight sequel or is this gonna another reboot with only 20 something characters. I honestly think they should try to hammer out at least one more game with the current sprites before moving on.

My thoughts exactly. Hell, I wouldn't mind an expanded version of KOF13.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

Word on the street is that its going to be a dream match, 50+ characters, and 3d rendered characters presented as 2d.

So it looks like I'm finally gonna get my wish over here.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug

I sure wouldn't mind a update for KOF13 either those sprites looks great they shouldn't just trash them so soon

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
You overlooked the worst 3 characters: Hinako, Momoko and Malin.

I noticed that when I re read my post and those were the exact 3 I noticed were missing from the list.

But so help me god, I would tolerate them if I could get Gai, Silber, Oswald, Vanessa, Ramon, Duck and Jeidern back into KOF.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Terry and Haoh sure have some ugly mugs. I wouldn't even know that was Terry out of context.

Nako and Geese just look strange.

Mary is the only decent-looking one.

Going by earlier information, these new games are going to be on PS3/360. I hope they don't get left in the dust by the new consoles. No way in hell SNKP is ready for PS4 development right now.

ritsuka666

n00b
New information for new game.:o

SNK Could Developing a New 3D Title

If this job listing is any indication though, it seems they are looking to beef up their software division once again. The latest update on their website also shows some 3D renders of Nakoruru, MOTW Terry, Haohmaru, Geese Howard, and a character that originated from their Pachislot games, Alice. Along with the renders is the statement

"The world still isn't playing enough."

The existing characters in the render do originate from the Samurai Shodown and Fatal Fury series that have been long dormant. They were also ironically victims of SNK's first attempts at 3D fighting games on the long forgotten Hyper Neo Geo 64.

It should also been noted that they just launched a new Twitter account, so make sure you go follow them.

http://www.gameskinny.com/3pmj4/snk-could-be-developing-a-new-3d-title

b7751a4ac0457708739464f5c8e36c90.jpg

Looks new game is really incoming.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Is it me or does terry looked pissed off,for being forced into 3D :rolleyes:

Not like i'm expecting to much from (snkp) for taking a stab again for another 3D fighter.

Last edited:

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Maximum Impact 2 and RA are underrated. Nothing spectacular, but they were a pretty faithful transition of the series into 3D and loaded with great fanservice. 2 is unbalanced as shit, supposedly to reflect the cast's canonical power levels (lol), though they reined most of this in for RA since it was an arcade game. My expectations for these new games are fairly high.

SamSho Sen doesn't count, because it was made by K2 LLC (the Tenchu devs).

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This is.. this is legitimately screwed up..

What the hell..

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
That is really sad but don't you all think THAT sadly will be the future. They just do what gets them the most cash in. *sigh*