SNK Playmore is hiring 3D game designers for new projects

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Professor at Madman's Cafe provided a more detailed translation of the employment notice:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/employment/

[GAME ---- Development staffs for New "KOF" and "Samurai Shodown"]
Seeking development staffs for the greatest 3D KOF and Samurai Shodown

Recruiting multiple staffs towards the development of our next-generation "The King of Fighters" series and "Samurai Shodown" series Fighting game titles! We are looking forward to entrants with the passion and ambition to take on the challenge and creation of the next era in our two major franchises, KOF and SS!

Consumer Game Planner (5 staffs wanted)
Consumer Game Programmer (10 staffs wanted)
3DCG Designer (10 staffs wanted)

Consumer Game Programmer job summary:
-Programming job for console games
-fighting game development
-3D game development

Requirement:
-Experience in OpenGL
-Experience in PS3 development
-Experience in Xbox360 development

3DCG designer job summary:
-3DCG Designing job
-Model creation
-Texture creation
-Motion creation
-Movie creation
-Effect creation
-Authoring job
-Graphic creation using Photoshop

Requirement:
-Experience in Model creation
-Experience in Texture creation
-Experience in Motion creation
-Experience developer in Movie creation
-Experience developer in Effect creation

*Experienced developer in Bone cutback and Polygon cutback will be given higher priority
*Experienced developer in Maya, MotionBuilder will be given higher priority

Thx for posting this it made me even more excited i guess were gonna get more games and even SS on console instead of card games and slot machines

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I liked Sen's art direction tbh. I found it the best since SS3.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, if it's going to be in 3d I would like the next SS to take a cue from Guilty Gear Xrd. It's in 3d but does quite the job quite well in trying to convince the player it is in 2d.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The best thing I got out of Maximum Impact was the free Fatal Fury hat. Seriously, that Terry shot that's buzzing around better not be representative of a finalized character model, because that garbage already looks like it was rendered 7 years ago :/

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
Taking the GG Xrd approach would probably go a long way toward getting more bang for their budget.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
Samurai Shodown Sen does not need a sequel.
I have to say, I'd play it. Sen was a decent Soul Calibur clone that just needed more tweaking and polish (and fewer clone characters). Another year in the oven could make it great.

Maximum Impact Regulation A was pretty baller, and MI2 at least deserves recognition for its generous heapings of fanservice, extra content and backstory. The problem was that SNKP had taken a completely wrong approach to the series, by making it an intentionally unbalanced console-exclusive fighter for casuals, when it should have started out in the arcades. By the time they finally had a solid competition-friendly MI in arcades, it was way too late to gain the trust and attention of the playerbase, and they had to cancel both their upcoming MI projects.

Last edited:

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Wow, so those gorgeous sprites are out then? What a shame. :(

But great to hear there's gonna be another KOF. of course! Hopefully it will feels as much 2D as possible....

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
If it's planned to be launched on X360/PS3 then it's probably going to be released in the next 14 months.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Great...ANOTHER 3D fighter with fucked up hitboxes and wonky shit going on constantly.

Screw this I'm going back to the 90's.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It's not gonna be a bunch of fanboys of this site that will tell them what to do.

We have to face the sad fact that 2D is obsolete to mainstream markets.
Gaming in general is pretty rotten nowadays.
Companies do what they have to do to make profit.
If they're hiring to make 3D efforts, it's already a gift they didn't shut their doors.

You, we, don't live in Technosoft/Technos/Toaplan/SNK/Sunsoft/etc days.
They all went down for different reasons.
A lot of nowadays big companies are still up and have general running costs
way to high.
Do you think they really still care about how we like 98 KOF's or SamSho II ?
Well they don't. If you don't like, they'll still sell.
There's a great bunch of people who don't care and will spend on them.
It's those customers they're after. Not us. Anymore.

Neo Geo is no more. Be happy they supported us for so long already.
It's time to move on.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
What makes you say that?

Well, that's just a hypothetical scene I'm figuring, I mean both PS3 and X360 are going to be replaced in 04 months, so they (SNK and/or the company who publishes the game) would not wait too much time to release this game on "dead plataforms"...

It's not gonna be a bunch of fanboys of this site that will tell them what to do.

We have to face the sad fact that 2D is obsolete to mainstream markets.
Gaming in general is pretty rotten nowadays.
Companies do what they have to do to make profit.
If they're hiring to make 3D efforts, it's already a gift they didn't shut their doors.

You, we, don't live in Technosoft/Technos/Toaplan/SNK/Sunsoft/etc days.
They all went down for different reasons.
A lot of nowadays big companies are still up and have general running costs
way to high.
Do you think they really still care about how we like 98 KOF's or SamSho II ?
Well they don't. If you don't like, they'll still sell.
There's a great bunch of people who don't care and will spend on them.
It's those customers they're after. Not us. Anymore.

Neo Geo is no more. Be happy they supported us for so long already.
It's time to move on.

I believe you're overreacting a bit.
I don't have the exact numbers, but I believe KoF XIII, an "oldfashioned 2D fighter" had better perfomances (both by crictics and sales) than modern 3D fighting games like Dead or Alive 5.
Also, they tried to make Samsho appealing to the new gamers and you saw what happened... Sticking to 2D is not an antiquated method...

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I for one am excited we are at least getting something even if it is 3D. I am actually playing through 2006 right now and actually kind of like it. If they make the new one similar to Mortal Kombat 9 and ditch the 3D movement, it is a day one purchase for me.

Bacon Taffy

Banned
Maybe SNKP is developing their own version of Seaman except the fish each have the face of an SNK character? Also, it's a dating sim.

ritsuka666

n00b
***New freash information ***

- According to next.rikunabi.com the next KOF is coming to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the game.

- Many overseas staffs from America, France, South Korea, and China also participated in the project.

- 3D Technology will be used instead of 2D Sprites to create the Next-Generation of KOF.

- The developers are working very hard about how they will represent the 2D image in 3D !!

- The game seems is planned for PS3 and XBOX 360.

Game development floor. And enough space in preparation for increasing the number of development staff.

0009773768.jpg

Mr. Yamamoto, the overseas producer of the project.

0009773770.jpg

Overseas staff from America, France, South Korea, and China also participated in the project.

0009773769.jpg

Source:http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php/topic,2602.0/topicseen.html

This game will be megaton.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I just want snk to stand back on it's feet.

Reality Check

World Hero
Well, that's just a hypothetical scene I'm figuring, I mean both PS3 and X360 are going to be replaced in 04 months, so they (SNK and/or the company who publishes the game) would not wait too much time to release this game on "dead plataforms"...

It's gonna take a while for the install base to transfer over to the new platforms. It'll probably take their second or third year for next gen to hit it's stride. It's wise for SNKP to keep the game in current hardware

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
***New freash information ***

- According to next.rikunabi.com the next KOF is coming to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the game.

- Many overseas staffs from America, France, South Korea, and China also participated in the project.

- 3D Technology will be used instead of 2D Sprites to create the Next-Generation of KOF.

- The developers are working very hard about how they will represent the 2D image in 3D !!

- The game seems is planned for PS3 and XBOX 360.

Game development floor. And enough space in preparation for increasing the number of development staff.

View attachment 6369

Mr. Yamamoto, the overseas producer of the project.

View attachment 6370

Overseas staff from America, France, South Korea, and China also participated in the project.

View attachment 6371

Source:http://cyberfanatix.com/forums/index.php/topic,2602.0/topicseen.html

This game will be megaton.

Thx for the info this is good very good can't wait to hear more