SNK Playmore is hiring 3D game designers for new projects

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/employment/

chazumaru at the MMCafe:
Well, they say they are looking for 5 planners (= game designers), 10 CG artists and 10 programmers, to create amazing new 3D episodes of KOF and SamSpi. Basically sounds like they don't have a team for these games besides a producer. The other job offers are for smartphone and Pachislo projects. The game dev people will be based in Osaka. Other new employees will be based in Osaka and Tokyo. Game programmers applying are asked to have experience with OpenGL, Xbox360 and PS3 development. Does not really seem like the projects have really started yet...

Also
http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/img/bana_recruit_20130515.png

Who is this?

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
didnt they learn their lesson already about going 3d?

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
keyvisual.jpg

SNKP is fucking serious about new KOF in 3D. As is Terry. Deadly serious.

Chances are, Terry is more serious though. Fuck...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
ugh

who would actually type SamSpi and not SamSho

fuckin weeaboos

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
It would be sad if KOF13's success doesn't get built on with another 2D game. If they had to venture into 3D with similar style as SF4, I wish they went with a Fatal Fury reboot like Wild Ambition instead of KOF.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I don't mind this at all...I just want to see new shit from them that looks cool and plays decent. If it sells well you can bet your girlfriends cunt there will be more 2d stuff on the way...because then they could afford it.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I already said that they should do this, but KoF is the wrong franchise to do it with, The new KoFs look and feel sick and unique already. They should be bringing back real bout or MOTW in 3d instead, both have fighting game styles that aren't currently covered in current gen fighting games and could dig out their own niche easily. FOOLISH SNK!
Unless the fuzzy jacket terry means that's exactly what they are doing.

Also, if they are going to do a sequel to MOTW THIS is the terry I want to see:
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82221 :-P

Character rundown could include adult bad guy Rock, old as heck Kain, and a serious, Andy-like, adult Hokatamaru as well as a Matronly Mai (wearing an actual kimono) and perhaps Mai and andy have a younger daughter. Old grandmaster Gato and a few newcomers would be great as well.

It's been a long time since 1999 folks :-P

Last edited:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I'd much rather see KOF XIV be a 2d sprite based game, but if it's anything like the direction that SFIV went I'd still be happy with that... if they do it right. I wasn't sure about SFIV at first but then I fell in love with it. The same can happen with KOF... but I want sprites!

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
It would be sad if KOF13's success doesn't get built on with another 2D game. If they had to venture into 3D with similar style as SF4, I wish they went with a Fatal Fury reboot like Wild Ambition instead of KOF.

Or Garou MOTW 2

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Maximum Impact 2 was great. I dont get the hate for this game.

Regulation A was pretty sick. Would love to see them refine that formula with MI3. But yeah KoF needs to stay the way it is right now. Its the best sprite work going right now and KoF XIII is fucking awesome. Just keep making those better and better and if you have to go 3d for something I guess Mark of the Wolves could work. I'd prefer SNKP stay 2d on most if not all their franchises but its better that then nothing.

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
I don't want to see SNK fuck up a series like FF & MOTW. best stick with remaking KOF and Samsho over and over again for the rest of snk's lifespan, beating the proverbial dead horse as they say. Generates more revenue to use titles people are familiar with.

Don't mess with the classics, and don't touch my Last Blade 2.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
I don't want to see SNK fuck up a series like FF & MOTW. best stick with remaking KOF and Samsho over and over again for the rest of snk's lifespan, beating the proverbial dead horse as they say. Generates more revenue to use titles people are familiar with.

Don't mess with the classics, and don't touch my Last Blade 2.

I doubt a FF or a Last Blade will ever happen but its best to give it a shot than to let a series die or stay dead making a new one doesnt effect the old version at all not like they are gaining any popularity staying unknown but KOF is popular of course and Garou and SamSho has a demand so it would be smart to do something with them and not let it end up like FF and Last Blade

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I still think that if they play their cards right, could use the appropriate KoF sprites to make a new Fatal Fury/AoF game. The Fatal Fury characters are the most popular characters anyways. Why not just make a ton of FF sprites, take the ones you already have from KOFXIII then make an interquel between RB2 and MotW.

Probably more difficult then i'm making it seem but whatever.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
SNK is working with the devs of Xuan Dou Xi Wang which uses 3D characters maybe they are planning on releasing a KOF & SamSho with the similar look that would be cool